DATING: ARE WE GETTING IT RIGHT?

CCHIPSS

Love will overcome evil (Romans 12:9-21)
Jul 10, 2014
Vancouver, BC
✟34,527.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-Liberals
I have no idea who you on about but if a man doesnt want to marry a christian lady then nobody can force him to. Hes the one missing out, not her.

Yes he is the one missing out. =)

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Beth Moore is a wonderful example of Christian living. She wouldn't have been good enough for William or Sketcher though. Good thing her husband wasn't so pious or short sighted.
I'm honestly not familiar with her. I know it's a popular name for women's Bible studies, but I know nothing about her life.

Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Beth Moore is a wonderful example of Christian living. She wouldn't have been good enough for William or Sketcher though. Good thing her husband wasn't so pious or short sighted.

Was her husband a virgin?

You know, I hear a lot of women state, "well if you aren't a virgin, you cant expect your wife to be a virgin". I guess they should change that to, "Well it doesn't matter if you are a virgin or not, you have no right to marry the type of person you want".

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
general thought:

When someone puts a huge pricetag on certain sins, it tends to make other sins look cheap and easy. I also think there is a huge temptation to lie about high priced sins while confessing cheaper sins. For example, I might lie about my virginity, but then confess to my gluttony. Both make me look good.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As for Mary Magdalene, she really loved Jesus and it showed, but they had no opportunity to marry as of course, Jesus was crucified. I don't know if it entered her head, but, she showed a wifely devotion to him at his graveside, and of course, was the first to see Him at the resurrection.
Their relationship wasn't like that. Her reaction to seeing him risen wasn't at any point "wifely." Also, though Catholics say she was a prostitute, the Bible doesn't state that - only that she had "seven demons." She may or may not have been one, but I don't like to add a charge to someone's sin record, forgiven or not, without proof.

I agree 100% that the burden of prove is on Gomer. She has to prove that she is now a faithful follower of Jesus. And that she has no intention of repeating her past. And she truly see you as special to her and she shows them clearly through her actions.

I believe 1 Corinthian 7:39 applies here to both ladies and gentlemen. Never mind just the Gomers. When we date anyone we must test their faith to make sure they are truly in the Lord. Do they pray to God a few times every day? Do they seek God's wisdom? Do they read the bible, listen to sermons, discuss in small groups outside of their Sunday church? Do they seek to help the poor, the homeless and anyone in need? Most important do we see them truly loving others because they love Jesus?

If the Holy Spirit is in them, we will see the love in them.

Every situation is different. If a man is dating a Gomer, he must pray ever harder for very clear signs from God.

If she is indeed changed for the better. And if he think God calls him to marry her. But her past is still holding him back, he should pray for more faith that he can truly forgive her.
If she repented, she's not a Gomer. Gomer is a shame name, like Jezebel. That's not any woman's name who has come to Christ and repented. Better to not date a Gomer at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: William67
Upvote 0