Dateline NBC and Perverted Justice, busting the pedophiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟89,685.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So have you seen that show where the team up with perverted justice and go on line posing as 12 and 13 year old kids, and they entrap the pervs looking for minors in chat rooms? They set up a ron-day-voo and the pervert walks in to the house thinking he’s getting lucky with a 12 year old boy or girl and then Dateline NBC is there and busts them cold?

It’s unreal. Perv after perv after perv, from rabbis to teachers to social workers to ex cops.

My daughter got a webkins for Christmas and she loves playing with it on line. She went into the club house and was excited that some one was in there and she asked what their favorite theme room was. And all I can think about is that it’s probably some perv logged into the webkins site.

Michelle

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟89,685.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
webkins are little stuffed animals that come with computer passwords and you log on and name them and get them a room and buy stuff for them. http://www.webkinz.com/

It's a kiddy site, and she sits there with her little stuffed monkey while she innocently plays on the computer. Her cousins have them too, so their animals can chat with one another.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟71,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Its trainwreck tv, but its soooo hard to look away.
I find it embarrassing and can't watch it.

I don't know why.

It is trainwreck TV and I think it appeals to the lessor angels of our nature.

I mean, lets just bust these guys, why is it necessary to watch them squirm as a reporter does his best to get ratings ?

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟89,685.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
OH and you know what’s hilarious too, is they let the guy leave the house, and the cops are outside waiting to arrest them. And come walking out and then a cop dressed up as a tree flies out of nowhere and tackles the perv to the ground. Lol. Talk about unnecessary theatrics.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I know it's sick but I almost feel sorry for them.
Hmm. That got me thinking. I don't feel sorry for them, not in the least. BUT some of these men have families, do their children deserve to have their father disgraced on TV like that? In such a way that the entire neighborhood and all their peers will know about it? How does a child cope with that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟89,685.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hmm. That got me thinking. I don't feel sorry for them, not in the least. BUT some of these men have families, do their children deserve to have their father disgraced on TV like that? In such a way that the entire neighborhood and all their peers will know about it?
One dude brought his toddler son with him to the ron day voo. Guess he was gonna have him watch tv or something. I know it’s completely irrational to feel sorry for them, I can’t explain why I do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't like the show. It's a bit reminiscent of the Roman Colosseum in terms of trying to turn crime and punishment into entertainment. The criminal justice system ideally shouldn't be about trying to embarrass people and pointing at them and saying "Look how much better we are then those people over there", it should be about rehabilitating people and keeping society safe.

Some of the folks on these show seem to be real creeps, but there are some others, often the 20 year old meeting the 16 year old or something that isn't so bad, that I've looked and thought, you know really that's just a socially awkward person who couldn't find a girlfriend and made a mistake. You hope someone like that just gets probation and reforms his life and that this television show doesn't ruin his life, but I don't know that that's what happens. On the other hand, the 50 year old rabbi meeting the 13 year old or whatever oughta have the book thrown at him (Though I still don't think it should be a spectacle for television).

Honestly, the person that comes off as the biggest jerk on the show is the guy who does the interviews. He has this kind of arrogant bearing and a little smirk and just rubs me the wrong way. He really seems to take pleasure in basically rubbing these guys' noses in it and making them plead with him not to report them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.