Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You think science revolves around antichristendom?

What about hindu scientists? Muslim scientists? You think they give a _____ about some random Christian God? But they must also be in science only to disprove/deny the Christian God, amirite?
No. SO CALLED SCIENCE is anti Christ. And I don't care who buys into it. Scientists often have little or nothing to do with so called science, they often deal in a specific field, that happens to correspond to the real world. They operate in the here and now, those that claim to fly to infinity and beyond are cads, frauds, duped, deceivers, and deceived. They have no more connection to real science, than a fishbowl has to a satellite.

NO REAL SCIENCE CAN BE Anti Christ!!!

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You can include the Bible on that list of "pathetic attempts to give the glory to man's utterly limited knowledge." Because the Bible was written by Men, not God.

No, men were the instruments of the spirit of God. You cannot prove God was not right there, because physical science cannot see or deal in the spiritual. Checkmate. And there is plenty of reasons millions of people have had for knowing there was spiritual power in them thar words.

What "Anti-Christ" thoughts? Science has nothing to do with such things.
Right, I agree. So if you see creation opposing fables, right away, that ought to clue you in it ain't science!! Thanks for that!

So, you will pick and choose what you think (with your poor understanding of science) which science you will accept and which you will not?

No understanding at all of science is needed to comprehend things BEYOND the reach, and realm of science!
! Obviously, I would have thought.

Therefore, we need not accept baseless same state past based surmisings, musings, and 'conclusions'. In fact, we dare not.

On what basis do you critisize experts in their field? Either accept all of what you see around you (based as it is on science), or reject all of it and live in a cave. The Peanut Gallery is close. :p
That depends on what field they are in!! If they are in the dream fields of some unsupported past state fantasy world, they demand utter rejection, disdain, distrust, and revulsion.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No, men were the instruments of the spirit of God. You cannot prove God was not right there, because physical science cannot see or deal in the spiritual. Checkmate. And there is plenty of reasons millions of people have had for knowing there was spiritual power in them thar words.
And you cannot prove that my friend the Invisible Pink Unicorn was not there. And she likes to play pranks, like make gullible men write fanatsies in their holy books. Checkmate!

Right, I agree. So if you see creation opposing fables, right away, that ought to clue you in it ain't science!! Thanks for that!
Yes, I agree... creation science and ID are both fables and not science. Thanks for that!

No understanding at all of science is needed to comprehend things BEYOND the reach, and realm of science!
! Obviously, I would have thought.
Fine. Since the evidence that chimpanzees are related to man, just as your great-grandfather's cousin is related to you, is hardly beyond the realm of sciecne, you now accept common descent... yes?

Therefore, we need not accept baseless same state past based surmisings, musings, and 'conclusions'. In fact, we dare not.
OK, then you accept the common descent of man and chimpznzees?

That depends on what field they are in!! If they are in the dream fields of some unsupported past state fantasy world, they demand utter rejection, disdain, distrust, and revulsion.
What fields might that be?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And you cannot prove that my friend the Invisible Pink Unicorn was not there. And she likes to play pranks, like make gullible men write fanatsies in their holy books. Checkmate!
True, in that imaginary game, you win. Of course, you are the only player, so it couldn't be a great victory!!

Yes, I agree... creation science and ID are both fables and not science. Thanks for that!

Science is pretty well defined, and known, and the claims it makes. One can call the same past predicated stories fables and be on rock solid ground. If you want to include creation science, you would have to define it. I have no idea what it is. If you mean flood geology, I don't agree with that.

[quoote]Fine. Since the evidence that chimpanzees are related to man, just as your great-grandfather's cousin is related to you, is hardly beyond the realm of sciecne, you now accept common descent... yes?[/quote]

I agree that chimps are related to man, wicked pre flood men. Whether by sexual relationship, and/or different transference potentials, who knows?

That is beyond the realm of science, since it occurred in a state science cannot establish.

What fields might that be?
The paleo fraud fields, geology, theoretical astro dreaming, and such out of fishbowl conjecture based conjugations.

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Can someone tell me where I can get a degree in theoretical astro dreaming? It would look good on my resume.

Also, is it just me or is dad sounding like gottservant?
You local "christian college" should have a course.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can someone tell me where I can get a degree in theoretical astro dreaming? It would look good on my resume.

Also, is it just me or is dad sounding like gottservant?

Theoretical astrophysicist. Here is on of them that dreamed of stuff coming up from bellow! Maybe they are not all bad!

"
With the energy crisis of the 1970s, he turned his focus to sources of petroleum. His obsession became proving that oil and gas reserves do not have a biological origin, namely decomposing organic material. He envisioned an all-but-inexhaustible amount of natural gas, in particular methane, trapped below Earth's surface during its formation. Those primordial hydrocarbons were constantly seeping upward, he said -- to much derision.
He found Sweden more hospitable to his quest and raised money for a massive drilling project, which began in 1986. He went to a meteor-made lake north of Stockholm to search for oil and gas that may have flowed upward in the meteor-fractured ground."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A1122-2004Jun23.html

But, seriously, men liike this actually make a living applying present physics, and such to infinity and beyond, or so they think. The resulting graveyard of fallen theories is rather comical.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
True, in that imaginary game, you win. Of course, you are the only player, so it couldn't be a great victory!!
And you are the only person on the planet who believes in a "Non-Physical Only" world before "The Split." So, I guess you have little cause to celebrate as well.

Science is pretty well defined, and known, and the claims it makes. One can call the same past predicated stories fables and be on rock solid ground. If you want to include creation science, you would have to define it. I have no idea what it is. If you mean flood geology, I don't agree with that.
Flood Geology would be part of Creation Science, yes. It also includes the Special Creation of Man, animals, plants, etc., during the Creation Week.

I agree that chimps are related to man, wicked pre flood men. Whether by sexual relationship, and/or different transference potentials, who knows?
Wow. This is the first I have heard of this from you. So... wicked Pre-Flood Man are related to chimps? OK. Are we descended from these "wicked pre flood men?"

That is beyond the realm of science, since it occurred in a state science cannot establish.
Not at all. We can determine geneology quite accurately, and with the same techniques that show we are related to chimpanzees. Through genetic sequencing and comparison.

The paleo fraud fields, geology, theoretical astro dreaming, and such out of fishbowl conjecture based conjugations.
So, you call out all of geology as a fanasy dream field, that "demand utter rejection, disdain, distrust, and revulsion?" How arrogant of you, concerning you have little understanding of the field. The others you mentioned (paleo fraud and theoretical astro dreaming) I am unfamiliar with.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And you are the only person on the planet who believes in a "Non-Physical Only" world before "The Split." So, I guess you have little cause to celebrate as well.

Not true, billions believe in spirits, which are non physical, both before the flood, and in the future.

Flood Geology would be part of Creation Science, yes. It also includes the Special Creation of Man, animals, plants, etc., during the Creation Week.
How would science of any kind cover creation in creation week, or man's creation? Flood geology, then, must be the crux of what you mean. I do not believe it expllains all we see at all according to the evidences.

Wow. This is the first I have heard of this from you. So... wicked Pre-Flood Man are related to chimps? OK. Are we descended from these "wicked pre flood men?"
Being related doen't have to mean descended from. We can be related through passing stuff on to others. If all we look at, for example is a common trace of a virus. We can have shared diseases. I do look at the possibility that offspring may have existed pre flood as well, but in such a case it would not be us coming from chimps!

Not at all. We can determine geneology quite accurately, and with the same techniques that show we are related to chimpanzees. Through genetic sequencing and comparison.
That's what you think. A simple disection of the underlying assumptions kills that bird before it can fly.

So, you call out all of geology as a fanasy dream field, that "demand utter rejection, disdain, distrust, and revulsion?" How arrogant of you, concerning you have little understanding of the field. The others you mentioned (paleo fraud and theoretical astro dreaming) I am unfamiliar with.
Paleo this and paleo that deal in the far past, and theoretical astro physiics deal in speculations about deep space and time, and such. Geology is a crok, when it comes to being laced with old age, present state belief foundations, like looking at the present spreading rates of the continents, and trying to calculate great time from that, etc. They also rely heavily on present state dating religion. Don't be arrogant in assuming I don't have some understanding of where the geo crowd are coming from. I have chatted with more than a few.

Upvote 0

Danyc

Nov 2, 2007
✟10,170.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
No. Think it this way:

If you only know good. Then even you do not know what good really is, you will not know what evil is either.
But if you only know evil, then you will also know there must be a thing called good.

That is why it is said: you will (must) know good, only if there is evil. It does not say: good exists because of evil.

No, if there is only one, you will not know either. If there is only good, then it isn't good; good is relative. If there is nothing else to compare to, it cannot be anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, if there is only one, you will not know either. If there is only good, then it isn't good; good is relative. If there is nothing else to compare to, it cannot be anything.
There is evil, but it is isolated. There will not be some day. The evil was to help us in making the good better. Or at least appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Danyc

Nov 2, 2007
✟10,170.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
There is evil, but it is isolated. There will not be some day. The evil was to help us in making the good better. Or at least appreciate it.

There will always be evil, or else there could not be good.

Even if things play out like the Bible claims they will, Hell will still exist. Which means evil will exist.

Without evil, there cannot be good.

Upvote 0

paug

Aug 11, 2008
Finland
✟7,969.00
Faith
Atheist
dad, you didn't refute either of my two claims coherently. Why not try again, this time, I dunno, reading these two:

1. If Science is all about debunking and denying the Christian God, what are e.g. Muslim scientists up to?
2. How can you use evidence gathered via scientific methods to advocate your view of Science as a through-and-through rotten, fraudulent and malicious endeavor?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As dad said earlier...
I think you misunderstood my reply. I was asking if the Muslim scientists would be busy debunking and denying the Christian God.

Upvote 0

ChordatesLegacy

Jun 21, 2007
✟17,761.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I think you misunderstood my reply. I was asking if the Muslim scientists would be busy debunking and denying the Christian God.

Not the Muslim scientists i have worked with.

They seem to be in a similar situation to secular scientists, in that many of their fellow country men believe their own brand of magical mysticism without question, and yes, their brand is the right one, so in the eyes of over 1 billion Muslims, Christian creationism is nothing but bull excrement.

Funny old world isn’t it, me in agreement on this with a >billion religious people, but of course I also agree with a >billion Christians that Islamic creationism is bull excrement.

So I am in agreement with over 2 billion religious people who state that other peoples religions are bull excrement.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not the Muslim scientists i have worked with.

They seem to be in a similar situation to secular scientists, in that many of their fellow country men believe their own brand of magical mysticism without question, and yes, their brand is the right one, so in the eyes of over 1 billion Muslims, Christian creationism is nothing but bull excrement.

Funny old world isn’t it, me in agreement on this with a >billion religious people, but of course I also agree with a >billion Christians that Islamic creationism is bull excrement.

So I am in agreement with over 2 billion religious people who state that other peoples religions are bull excrement.
Do you believe that Pluto, as a planet, is bull excrement? Despite what some scientists say?

Upvote 0