jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
“A quiet morning with a loving God puts the events of the upcoming day into proper perspective.”

JANETTE OKE

“The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”

PSALM 34:18 NIV

What is it to be crushed in spirit? The Hebrew word used for crushed is “dakka” and it comes from the root word “daka” which means to crumble; to bruise (literally or figuratively): beat to pieces, break (in pieces), bruise, contrite, crush, destroy, humble, oppress, smite. It is also used for the powdering of something, to crush something until it is powder. Have you ever felt like you’ve been beat down, and then right on top of you comes another load, which grinds you, even finer. Well praise be to God, because that’s when God draws close to you. It’s not that God is farther away at other times, it’s just that during times of having our spirit crushed, God’s presence becomes a light in the darkness. This Scripture I find to be tried and tested in my life. When I am most broken, God is close. When load after load seems to grind me down and I become powdered in my spirit, God lifts me up and helps me rise above the problems so that I can find new directions. I came to God almost seven years ago crushed to powder because of the abuse of meth and alcohol. God helped me to rise above my addictions and to set my house in order, but I have found that this will only continue if I perform daily maintenance on my spiritual condition. I tried for years to stay sober with little success until I learned to start my day off right. Like Janette Oke said, “A quite morning with a loving God puts the events of the upcoming day into proper perspective.” This has been the key to my sobriety yesterday, and today I have learned from yesterday to continue in a daily maintenance today. May I always remember that it is not what you quit that is important, but what you start. Today God is doing for me what I could not do for myself….JRE

“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to and end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”

LAMENTATIONS 3:22-23 NRSV

“What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition. Every day is a day when we must carry the vision of God’s will into all of our activities.”

ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS page 85

jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
Levi44 said:
“A quiet morning with a loving God puts the events of the upcoming day into proper perspective.”

JANETTE OKE

Dear Jerry - Once again - AWESOME! You put so much work into your devotions and I learn so very much. God bless you - Hedi

Thank again Hedi......In the morning I pray, read the Bible, and then open up microsoft word......God does the rest.......almost always I don't have a specific direction in which I'm headed. God speaks to me as I study the Word and relate it to my experience, strength, and hope...........Thanks for letting me share my life with you. I also thank you for sharing your life with me......your firend...Jerry

Upvote 0