Warren, OH
✟615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Scripture is critical to our prayer life. Not just reading it, but also meditating on it and utilizing it our life.
What aspect of Scripture, or story of scripture best describes your life and how do you integrate it into your daily devotions?
I like to meditate on various aspects of Christ's life and envision myself there and see what I can learn from it.

Mark Moran, MA
Christian Counseling Program with AIHCP

peterandrewj

Wayfarer
Jan 14, 2014
NYC
✟8,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Scripture is critical to our prayer life. Not just reading it, but also meditating on it and utilizing it our life.
What aspect of Scripture, or story of scripture best describes your life and how do you integrate it into your daily devotions?
I like to meditate on various aspects of Christ's life and envision myself there and see what I can learn from it.

Mark Moran, MA
Christian Counseling Program with AIHCP

When I got saved, I heard the Spirit say "Live the word and look to the Son". At the time I didn't understand what it meant, but now I know it's the word which Jesus preached and taught, the word which is spirit and life.

I think this scripture sums up the process.

Isaiah 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Isaiah 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

I believe the word is our daily bread, and according to where we are and what we're going through we eat and live through Christ. The result to me is like a woven tapestry, with each word lived adding a new layer. But God calls it being a living epistle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ALoveDivine

Saved By Grace
Jun 25, 2010
Detroit, MI
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The whole of scripture has been an absolute treasure in my life. It is amazing what the Holy Spirit will do in our lives the more we read and study God's word.

The more I've fed upon the word the more it dwells within my soul. Any time I face a trial or some problem, or when I'm feeling down, or whatever, verses will pop into my head; the right verses at the right time. I feel so blessed that the word is internalized within me, it is like having God truly speak to me throughout my day.

The worst thing we as Christians can do for our spiritual growth is to neglect the scriptures. The Holy Spirit will transform us more and more into the image of Christ the more we feed upon the word of God.

Upvote 0
D

Digout

When I got saved, I heard the Spirit say "Live the word and look to the Son". At the time I didn't understand what it meant, but now I know it's the word which Jesus preached and taught, the word which is spirit and life.

I think this scripture sums up the process.

Isaiah 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Isaiah 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

I believe the word is our daily bread, and according to where we are and what we're going through we eat and live through Christ. The result to me is like a woven tapestry, with each word lived adding a new layer. But God calls it being a living epistle.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0