✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
View media item 61998Good morning my dear friends in Christ! 190804

"Violence is risen up into a rod of wickedness: none of them shall remain, nor of their multitude, nor of any of theirs: neither shall there be wailing for them.” -

Violence on this earth is nothing new. Adam and Eve had a son, Cain, who was a violent man. We are told in Genesis 4:8 that Cain slew his brother Abel. That’s pretty violent stuff. In Genesis 6:11, we read...

#D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christianity #ChurchFIC #Morning #GoodMorning #GoodMorningBrigade

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Violence

• Agree
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen. Violence is a symptom of wickedness and evil. It's sin. And at the fall, sin entered into the picture, along with violence. Cain's heart was wicked. Rather than heed God, he became jealous of his brother. Yet he had no intention of heeding God or honoring Him through his "offering" to God. That, in itself, is the indication of a rebellion of the heart that was at the root of Cain's wickedness, and thus his jealousy of his brother, that led to the cold-blooded and pre-meditated murder of his own brother.

Man is sinful, and thus violent. This includes the absolute violence and holocaust of the shedding of innocent blood of the "least of these".

Man just "defines" that wickedness and violence "differently". It is written that even the wicked's "kindnesses" are cruel. An example would be how the wicked are kind to their beloved pet, yet will not bat an eye about the blatant violence involved in the shedding of the innocent blood of the "least of these".

Nevertheless, Jesus Himself reminds us that what we have done to the "least of these", we have done to Him.

Thank you for this powerful reminder of why man needed a Savior in the first place.

A very blessed day to you on this sunny and cool-ish and breezy Son+day morning in August, brother.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Amen. Violence is a symptom of wickedness and evil. It's sin. And at the fall, sin entered into the picture, along with violence. Cain's heart was wicked. Rather than heed God, he became jealous of his brother. Yet he had no intention of heeding God or honoring Him through his "offering" to God. That, in itself, is the indication of a rebellion of the heart that was at the root of Cain's wickedness, and thus his jealousy of his brother, that led to the cold-blooded and pre-meditated murder of his own brother.

Man is sinful, and thus violent. This includes the absolute violence and holocaust of the shedding of innocent blood of the "least of these".

Man just "defines" that wickedness and violence "differently". It is written that even the wicked's "kindnesses" are cruel. An example would be how the wicked are kind to their beloved pet, yet will not bat an eye about the blatant violence involved in the shedding of the innocent blood of the "least of these".

Nevertheless, Jesus Himself reminds us that what we have done to the "least of these", we have done to Him.

Thank you for this powerful reminder of why man needed a Savior in the first place.

A very blessed day to you on this sunny and cool-ish and breezy Son+day morning in August, brother.
Good afternoon to you Brinny! Thank you so very much for you always thoughtful and insightful comments.

I have a prayer request if you don't mind. As you know, I use Gab a witnessing ministry. Often my best opportunities come when I am trolled. Got hit with a couple today, and that is a good thing. One called me a pedophile rapist while the other taunts me with 'God killed your son.' Again that is alright, because they just need to be saved. At any rate, I would appreciate it if you would pray For @Amethyst18, @JudgeDread and @Anax to be so moved that they would open and read the salvation link I sent them.

Here was my reponse to @Amethyst18 :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A good afternoon to you TGB.

I have never been a troll so I am not an expert at it, but it would seem to me that you are taking the wrong approach. Unfounded personal insults come across as juvenile, you don't win much support with them. I guess the goal could be for me lose my temper and come down to your level. If you have followed me any time you should have figured out that is probably not going to happen. See @JudgeDread comments trying to say God killed my son. Again, very petty an juvenile.

The reason, I bothered responding to you today is your meme. It actually contained things that could be discussed. This is what @anax does, and I consider him one of the more intellectual and polished trolls. Sure he sometimes slips to name calling, but for the most part he operates at a much higher trolling level.

Back you your meme, let's take it point by point.

1. I refuse to worship the Jew's God.

When Jesus came he fulfilled the law and provided a way for all people to approach God (not just the Jews). In Romans 10:12 the Bible says, "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek (Gentile): for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him."

2. I refuse to accept the Jews as my master.

I could not agree more. God would not want you to serve them The Bible says in Matthew 6:24 "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

3. I am not a sheep.

If Jesus is your shepherd, then being a sheep is not a bad thing. John 10:11 says, "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."

4. I am not a slave.

Nor should you be. Jesus through his death, burial and resurrection paid the price for you with his blood. Can I let you in on a secret? Even though Jesus bought you with a price, He still allows you to walk away from Him if you choose. However, if you choose to follow him and establish a relationship with him John 15:15 says, "Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you."

Isn't that incredible? I bet you are asking 'How can I be friends with Jesus?' It is actually quite easy, click on this link and you can learn how:

2 Timothy 2:15 Truth: Salvation

Hope you have a blessed Son✞day!

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good afternoon to you Brinny! Thank you so very much for you always thoughtful and insightful comments.

I have a prayer request if you don't mind. As you know, I use Gab a witnessing ministry. Often my best opportunities come when I am trolled. Got hit with a couple today, and that is a good thing. One called me a pedophile rapist while the other taunts me with 'God killed your son.' Again that is alright, because they just need to be saved. At any rate, I would appreciate it if you would pray For @Amethyst18, @JudgeDread and @Anax to be so moved that they would open and read the salvation link I sent them.

Here was my reponse to @Amethyst18 :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A good afternoon to you TGB.

I have never been a troll so I am not an expert at it, but it would seem to me that you are taking the wrong approach. Unfounded personal insults come across as juvenile, you don't win much support with them. I guess the goal could be for me lose my temper and come down to your level. If you have followed me any time you should have figured out that is probably not going to happen. See @JudgeDread comments trying to say God killed my son. Again, very petty an juvenile.

The reason, I bothered responding to you today is your meme. It actually contained things that could be discussed. This is what @anax does, and I consider him one of the more intellectual and polished trolls. Sure he sometimes slips to name calling, but for the most part he operates at a much higher trolling level.

Back you your meme, let's take it point by point.

1. I refuse to worship the Jew's God.

When Jesus came he fulfilled the law and provided a way for all people to approach God (not just the Jews). In Romans 10:12 the Bible says, "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek (Gentile): for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him."

2. I refuse to accept the Jews as my master.

I could not agree more. God would not want you to serve them The Bible says in Matthew 6:24 "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

3. I am not a sheep.

If Jesus is your shepherd, then being a sheep is not a bad thing. John 10:11 says, "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."

4. I am not a slave.

Nor should you be. Jesus through his death, burial and resurrection paid the price for you with his blood. Can I let you in on a secret? Even though Jesus bought you with a price, He still allows you to walk away from Him if you choose. However, if you choose to follow him and establish a relationship with him John 15:15 says, "Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you."

Isn't that incredible? I bet you are asking 'How can I be friends with Jesus?' It is actually quite easy, click on this link and you can learn how:

2 Timothy 2:15 Truth: Salvation

Hope you have a blessed Son✞day!

God bless you, brother. Your response is inexplicably gracious. Praying for you and the trolls too, that God reaches their hearts and minds through His Holy Spirit, as only He can do.

Thank you, and a most blessed Son+day to you as well, brother.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0