✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
View media item 61989Good morning my dear friends in Christ! 190731

"For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.” - Romans 13:4

John Stormer, in his book Betrayed by the Bench, writes about judges who are to be ministers for good. In one section he writes about the First Amendment. The First Amendment guarantees...

#D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christianity #ChurchFIC #Morning #GoodMorning #GoodMorningBrigade

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: The First Amendment

• Agree
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Amen. i agree that we need to bathe our judges in prayer, as well as our President and the leaders of this country, and for us, the American people.

Thank you for this urgent reminder on this sunny, humid, and warm Wednesday morning in July.

God bless you brother.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
who is the minister of god? what is the link between him and the first amendment
A good morning to you lambofgod43985889.

I am not the author of the devotion, so I can't speak for Pastor Rouse.

A minister is, literally, a “servant” of God. The minister of God - The "servant" of God he is appointed by God to do his will, and to execute his purposes. "To thee." For your benefit.

Also from Matthew Henry, "Magistrates are here again and again called God’s ministers. he is the minister of God, v. 4, v. 6. Magistrates are in a more peculiar manner God’s servants; the dignity they have calls for duty. Though they are lords to us, they are servants to God, have work to do for him, and an account to render to him. In the administration of public justice, the determining of quarrels, the protecting of the innocent, the righting of the wronged, the punishing of offenders, and the preserving of national peace and order, that every man may not do what is right in his own eyes-in these things it is that magistrates act as God’s ministers."

Hope you have a blessed day!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Amen. i agree that we need to bathe our judges in prayer, as well as our President and the leaders of this country, and for us, the American people.

Thank you for this urgent reminder on this sunny, humid, and warm Wednesday morning in July.

God bless you brother.
A good morning to you Brinny.

Indeed, we need to pray for our judges. They are probably "making" more laws than congress.

Here it will be a little warmer at 91, but with lower humidity at 64%.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
A good morning to you Brinny.

Indeed, we need to pray for our judges. They are probably "making" more laws than congress.

Here it will be a little warmer at 91, but with lower humidity at 64%.

God help us. We gotta pray that God intervenes with those judges.

It will be the same here, but maybe higher humidity, and they're predicting rain.

Thank you, and a most blessed day to you as well.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0