Cotswolds, UK
✟9,832.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I recently read the D&D 3e Olt Testament setting, 'Testament'. Although I might never run it, I thought it was interesting and very well written. It recieved very good reviews on the rpg (tabletop not computer sites), and thought it might be of interest. You can learn more here...

http://www.greenronin.com/cgi-bin/product.cgi?prodid=1019

Although it says Preorder the game has been out for months now. You will need the 3rd edition Players Handbook (www.wizrds.com) to use this game,and a set of dice.

I have a rapidly ggrowing list of Christian or Bible themed roleplaying games if anyone is interested,

cj x

Kelly

Dungeon Master
Mar 20, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟24,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just got this last week.

Very informative, they did a lot of work on it. One thing, it's biblical era but it's set in a fictitious setting where all the major powers (egyptian, bablonian, etc) Gods all exist and thus have powers. That may offend some. It's not slanted towards Jews.

I might give it a shot. I can't imagine playing a 5th level Levite Priest, though...:LOL

Upvote 0

CJ.23

Feb 5, 2004
Cotswolds, UK
✟9,832.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Well, yes you could play a bunch of Canaanites - Sodom & Gomorrahites in fact if you wanted. As to the other pantheons - yes but you can easily rule their powers are from demons! That is what would have been believed by the Hebrews surely?

It is not a specifically Christian game. It is a Biblical game, which could easily be used for Christian Old Testament studies, but is basically a game!

And yes: I must admit a 12th level Prophet stuck me as a fairly strange notion! I'm not sure I would let my players pretend to be Prophets!
Very well written, thought provoking an dinteresting. I do recommend it. Any other thoughts Kelly?

cj x

Upvote 0