• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Currently going through psychosis again

jna843

Jan 20, 2013
✟7,629.00
Faith
Christian
Hello all, I was on here years ago with a post. I suffer from recurring skitzoeffective disorder. I have every 2-3 years for about 4 months straight. I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ, his word and all he represents. I'm currently in the middle of another episode. My voices represent various people I know or have been acquainted with. I still don't know what are behind the voices whether some demonic entities or just bad brain chemistry. My delusions would have me believe it's the mystical body of Christ I'm connecting with on some level—I do not know that to be true in reality. I do know demonic or not I am filled with the Holy Spirit and that is a major factor. Perhaps it is true for a believer to be demonized and God over rules that for good in his children. I know God has made my voices most helpful to me in the way of sanctification. My voices encourage me to be holy. They especially have helped me read my Bible. They also help make me take every thought captive in obedience to Christ. I do not experience any destructive influences encouraging towards sin or suicide. I'm not saying that if one does experience dark voices that makes them not a Christian, that has just not been my experience. I'm currently writing a book of essays entitled “The Psychotic Christian.” The book deals with my experience being a Christian suffering with this disorder. Just because my voices are benign it doesn't mean I still don't suffer. It is hard to concentrate and feels like your being pulled in every which way direction. Feeling like your sharing your brain literally with other people and you can't control it can be disconcerting. My psychosis/suffering though has taught me to cling to Christ and hold loosely to the delusions and what they could mean. My heart goes out to anyone suffering with this disorder to hang in there take your meds and cling to Christ with all you got. There are so many gracious promises in God's word for those who suffer--Like in Romans 8:28:And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Or like in Romans 8:38: “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow--not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love.” I truly believe God can make something beautiful out our suffering as his children, for we are his masterpiece--Ephesians 2:10.

--Blessings J.N.A

Reactions: peace101

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I don't know where your voices are coming from, but if they start to demand you do silly things do not obey them, even if they have been helpful in the past. It is my opinion that it is better to try to reason things out using the mind God has given you. I hear from God a fair bit, so I don't discourage you from trying to hear from God. Rather just be careful. Try to build good bible reading habits, prayer habits, with out relying upon voices to encourage you to do it. God wants us to appear normal, and if this is making you appear ill, then try to force it out of your mind.

Upvote 0

AphroditeGoneAwry

Dec 2, 2012
Montana
Visit site
✟9,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am sorry you are having a hard time. Your book will be good i am sure. :)

It might be that you have different personalities, which is almost always from being abused in young cjildhood. Multiple personalities is often mistaken for schizophrenia, etc.

find a Christian therapist you trust and talk to them.

in love and light,

Upvote 0