Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I love music from all cultures and languages. I don't even care if I can't understand a single word, I just love getting to experience another world like that.

There's a reason I'm obsessed with language. I love exploring other cultures.

the culture I'm particularly obsessed with now:

Natasha St Pier - Un Ange Frappe A Ma Porte - YouTube

Patrick Bruel - Pour la Vie - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T74k53OzWuk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LggsOM5nT00&ob=av2e

Notre Dame De Paris - Belle (English Subs - Multilanguage Description) - YouTube

Upvote 0
T

TanteBelle

Kingdom of Heaven soundtrack is one of my favourite soundtracks!!! Most definitely! I love Celtish music!

When I say 'cultural', I just mean something other than your typical boring western music! I don't like too much western music.

I do think it's important to know what the singer is saying, to be honest. I don't buy a song in another language until I've thoroughly looked for a translation and feel that I'm quite certain I know what they are saying. Last thing I want to is to find out that I'm humming away to a song that could be either blessing the devil or cursing God. Or worshipping another god! I'm very particular with that.

I think this song is by a Danish band; someone correct me there if I'm wrong.

Ørnen/ Örnen Theme Song - YouTube

As far as a good dance like Celt or Scot, this one beats all ..

The Eagle Soundtrack HD - #3 The Return of the Eagle (Atli Orvarsson) - YouTube

Upvote 0

Daughter of Ararat

Yeshua's Rose of Hayastan
May 4, 2010
✟9,539.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
I probably have more than a couple dozen songs from other cultures favorited on youtube.

Russian
Best version of this song I've found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6VwVnhJseE&list=FL9zGXnVel_hEdVnAB82Y50g&index=83&feature=plpp_video

Armenian
Gor Mkhitarian - About God - Music Video - YouTube

Hebrew/Jewish/Israeli
Gad Elbaz - Mizmor Ldavid - גד אלבז - מזמור לדוד - YouTube

Noa & Eric Serra - "My Heart Calling" - YouTube

Outlandish is a multi-award–winning hip-hop group based in Denmark. Formed in 1997, it consists of Isam Bachiri (born in Denmark and of Moraccan background), Waqas Ali Qadri (born in Denmark and of Pakistani background), and Lenny Martinez (born in Honduras and is of Cuban and Honduran descent). All three members are religious, with Isam and Waqas being Muslims and Lenny being Catholic.
Outlandish - Feels like saving the world (Sound of a rebel 2009) - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
DofA I've seen Gor in person. I was apart of an Armenian youth organization and we did concerts with up and coming Armenian artists. The head of the committed invited us to his house and Gor was there. He has a calmness to him, even when he sings.

My other fav is Armenian navy band. Have you heard? Arto Tunçboyaciyan is so awesome!

Upvote 0

Daughter of Ararat

Yeshua's Rose of Hayastan
May 4, 2010
✟9,539.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
DofA I've seen Gor in person. I was apart of an Armenian youth organization and we did concerts with up and coming Armenian artists. The head of the committed invited us to his house and Gor was there. He has a calmness to him, even when he sings.

My other fav is Armenian navy band. Have you heard? Arto Tunçboyaciyan is so awesome!
I met Gor once when I was volunteering at an event, but never heard him sing live. I love the calmness of his music.

I have not heard Armenian navy band or Arto Tunçboyaciyan. I will check out the music.

A Romanian Eurovision contestant doing a national song for Romania:

Paula Seling - A mai trecut un an - YouTube

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I like Celtic music, Native American music and chants, Middle Eastern music, Asain music, Fado (Portugese), Russian/Slavic traditional music, Appalachian folk music/bluegrass, some African tribal music since it is so drum centric and I love drums, and various Latin forms of music.

Upvote 0

crishmael

nothing but the rain
Aug 29, 2008
Tejas
✟32,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
trentlogain2 said:
something that irks me is how some people (missionaries) will go to a foreign country and attempt to americanize it with state culture. what happened to the hudson taylor's of Christianity where they would go to extreme lengths to reach people for the cause of Christ?

That takes too much investment and time because they have to try and understand it first. It's easier to just call it all evil and Westernize them.

Upvote 0