Cruel and Unusual or just Unusually Cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimee30

That's Me in the Corner
Oct 8, 2004
Wisconsin
✟9,271.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They don't understand that executuion is just as bad as what they claim abortion to be. Maybe they should check out what a fellow Christian who claims strongly to be a fundamentalist, but has the odd quirk of saying the quote "the Republican party is God,s party," is not something to be believed has to say about forgiveness, using dearly deceased Poe John Paul as the example for the song. It's called "To Forgive." He also has a song about a criminal accepting God before he is scheduled to be executed. But if you'd like to visit the link to the song, here it is:
http://www.sockheaven.net/music/albums/fritz/04.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sethad

I'm not [senDing sublimInal messagEs!]
Jun 15, 2005
Visit site
✟54,022.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Silent Bob said:
I was wondering where the voices of reason were during that thread then I saw it was the republican forum...:doh:

*laughs*

Well...IMO democrats arent much better...then again politics in general is messed up.

poli = many
tics = blood sucking parasites

CCGirl said:
The longer I am on CF, it just reinforces my decision to stay far, far away from religion!

This forum drives people away from Christianity, IMO

No joke.

These are people who think eternal torture is just. I see no reason why killing one guy should bother them.

Yea...its pretty ironic.

Upvote 0

ApocryphaNow

Nov 9, 2005
State College, PA
✟978.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
CCGirl said:
The longer I am on CF, it just reinforces my decision to stay far, far away from religion!

This forum drives people away from Christianity, IMO.:D

When I see things like that thread, it makes me want to make blanket statements like "I can't believe how hypocritically morally corrupt Christians are." Seriously, the firebrands and fundamentalists scare me as much as any ululating sheik.

However, I eventually come to my senses and realize that these are just people who have lost their way, their heart, and compassion for fellow man. They are (mostly) Christians who have forgotten (or never knew) the spirit of the Bible simply because they are blinded through reading it so literally. I feel sorry for people who have so much faith in the idolous God they have invented and so little faith in their fellow man.

I suppose that is what I really think it boils down to. It isn't a Christian issue, it's and issue with people not caring about others (unless that "other" happens to be in somebody's uterus... then they would kill you before they let you kill it).

Reactions: Athene
Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
Brimshack said:
I keep imagining Jesus were making those posts. It is the party of God after all. Republican Jesus probably wears amo belts and talks about the virtues of one-shot-one-kill.
You mean the same Jesus who instituted the death penalty? The same Jesus who stood before Pilate and told Pilate that his authority to carry out capital punishment on behalf of the state came directly from God? The same Jesus who ordered His disciples to go out and buy swords to protect themselves with? The same Jesus who, when Peter cut off the servants' ear, didn't rebuke him for trying to kill the man, but for his lousy timing? The same Jesus who has no problem consigning sinners to Hell? The same Jesus who frequently uses violent imagery to describe His dealings with the wicked? The same Jesus who says that He will return with a sword? The same Jesus who is a part of the Godhead that ordered the Isarelites to slaughter entire populations and entire nations in order to protect Israel?

You mean that Jesus?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
Brimshack said:
Well perhaps you are right. Perhaps Jesus was a bloodthirsty character after all.

No, Jesus is not "bloodthirsty", but He does require that sin be punished.

I somehow doubt it, but I'd be happy to see your evidence for each and every one of those claims.

According to your avatar, you're an atheist. You don't believe the Bible, anyway.

Upvote 0

Brimshack

Mar 23, 2002
Arizona
✟12,010.00
Faith
Atheist
Whether or not I believe in the Bible is irrelevant. The question is whether or not your vision of Jesus is rooted in the text of the Bible. And claiming your position is established beyond question is just another way of refusing to put your cards on the table. So be it, but for the record, your post will be my evidence. The Jesus you describe is bloodthirsty. Call it any other name, punishment for sin, what have you. Call it Fred if you like, but the quality you celebrate in your post is bloodthirst. Thank you 12 Volt. You have proven my point, even if you are unwilling to prove your own.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.