Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have been distracted with fb. I know it is a great way to keep in touch with family and friends but I have lots to get finished :(
Gotcha! I've had to take a break from the FB games for the same reasons. :)

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thought I'd bump this thread up again. Anyone know how to join lace motifs together? I'm trying out some Irish lace motifs and am on my third one. But I can't seem to find how to join them without sewing. Is sewing them together the only option? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Roseheart

Growing in Christ
Nov 18, 2011
✟26,882.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Hi all. I started looking into crocheting a few days ago and now I'm hooked(!)
I'm starting by crocheting some granny squares which I hope to make into a baby blanket for our pastor's daughter.
Has anybody got any tips for a complete beginner? Thanks! :)

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

One day at a time

Always in a state of change.....
Apr 26, 2009
sitting in my recliner--I'm sure!
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would say with crocheting.....don't jump into a huge project for your first one. Take something fast and easy and then go from there.
I have done several bigger projects and it takes time and you have to keep the desire to finish.
I'm going to try and put an afghan I made in remembrance of my mom....I just have to figure out how to get it on here!

But my true love of crocheting is doily making.....I have an album on my page!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I would say with crocheting.....don't jump into a huge project for your first one. Take something fast and easy and then go from there.
I have done several bigger projects and it takes time and you have to keep the desire to finish.
I'm going to try and put an afghan I made in remembrance of my mom....I just have to figure out how to get it on here!

But my true love of crocheting is doily making.....I have an album on my page!
:thumbsup: Amen.

To upload a picture I've created an account on Photobucket, I then place my photos there which enables me to share them on here.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It took me ages to find this thread and revive it. :)

Just wanted to see whether there were any crocheters still frequenting the forums.

I'm not crocheting as often as a couple of years ago but I did recently make a baseball cap for a friend's newborn baby.:)

Upvote 0

yankeefan

Nov 21, 2013
✟17,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
I learned to crochet while recovering from a knitting induced wrist injury. I switch off between the two and am finding that each technique works best for certain types of projects. For example, I don't like crocheted socks as much as knit ones, but I prefer crocheting for baby blankets and shawls.

Upvote 0

emullins

Mar 23, 2014
Lutz, FL
✟15,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was taught when I was younger and lost touch in it. When I became pregnant with my daughter a couple years ago I started again and now I make all kinds if stuff. I have crocheted many things for my daughter and my nephews. I'm going to try knitting but I love to crochet. I'm currently working on an Easter purse for my daughter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was taught when I was younger and lost touch in it. When I became pregnant with my daughter a couple years ago I started again and now I make all kinds if stuff. I have crocheted many things for my daughter and my nephews. I'm going to try knitting but I love to crochet. I'm currently working on an Easter purse for my daughter.
Hi Emullins, welcome to Christian forums :wave:

I admit I went back into crocheting when I got pregnant too. I need to get back into it again though and am hoping that I can enjoy some relaxing moments during the summer break when I can sit in my garden and start a project.

I hoping to tackle some lace squares with a view to creating a throw. :)

Upvote 0

FatherHaveMercy

Father Have Mercy On Us All
Feb 3, 2008
Indianapolis,IN,USA
Visit site
✟918.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It took me ages to find this thread and revive it. :)

Just wanted to see whether there were any crocheters still frequenting the forums.

I'm not crocheting as often as a couple of years ago but I did recently make a baseball cap for a friend's newborn baby.:)

I'm currently crocheting an afghan for my 10 yr old daughter I find it relaxing as I have anxiety and some other problems and it.calms me and keeps me from being idle

Upvote 0