Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This was posted in the common area and I felt strongly it makes a great addition to the resource thread.

Intelligent Design is peer-reviewed.

Crick, F.H.C., and Orgel, L.E., Directed Panspermia, Icarus, Volume 19, Pages 341-346, 1973

Axe, D.D., Estimating the Prevalence of Protein Sequences Adopting Functional Enzyme Folds, Journal of Molecular Biology, Volume 341, Issue 5, Pages 1295-1315, Aug 2004

Behe, M.J., and Snoke, D.W., Simulating Evolution By Gene Duplication of Protein Features that Require Multiple Amino Acid Residues, Protein Science, Volume 13, Number 10, Pages 2651-2664, Oct 2004

Lönnig, W-E., Dynamic Genomes Morphological Stasis and the Origin of Irreducible Complexity, Dynamical Genetics, Pages 101-119, 2005

Couvreur, P., and Vauthier, C., Nanotechnology: Intelligent Design to Treat Complex Diseases, Pharmaceutical Research, Volume 23, Number 7, Jul 2006

Meyer, S.C., The Origin Of Biological Information And The Higher Taxonomic Categories, Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington, Volume 117, Number 2, Pages 213-239, May 2007

Marks, R.J., and Dembski, W.A., Conservation of Information in Search: Measuring the Cost of Success, Systems Man and Cybernetics: Part A Systems and Humans, IEEE Transactions, Volume 39, Issue 5, Pages 1051-1061, Sep 2009

"It has been my sad observation that by mid-career there are very few professionals left truly working for the advancement of science, as opposed to the advancement of self. And given enough people with strong enough interests, professional peer pressure takes over from there. Peer pressure in science, as elsewhere in society, consists of alternately attacking and ignoring the people who advocate a contrary idea, and discrediting their motives and/or competence, in order to achieve conformity." -- Tom Van Flandern, astronomer, 1993

"The tradition of 'peer review' of articles published in professional journals has degenerated into almost total censorship." -- Halton C. Arp, astronomer, 2000

"Of course that market today needs the Internet to loosen the shackles of scientific censorship and control through anonymous peer review." -- Wallace Thornhill, physicst, October 2006

P.S. I am OEC (I guess that makes me a heretic or something).

Upvote 0

sheina

Born Crucified
Mar 30, 2007
Mississippi
✟9,514.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This guy is really good...his name is Russ Miller and this video is just one that I really enjoyed:

YouTube - 31-Triune Creator, Triune Creation

YouTube - CreationMinistries's Channel
creationministries

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Found this one in the common forums. I don't really know what all is in the content but at a glance it's a well developed exposition.

A historical perspective by Ole Madsen on the Gap Theory.

Gap theory page - what is the gap theory?

If you read no other link, read this one by Chuck Missler.

The gap theory page - Chuck Missler - The Gospel in Genesis

Arthur C. Custance on the long held view of the Gap Theory.

Gap theory page - Arthur C Custance

C. I. Schofield on Genesis 1.

The gap theory page - C. I. Scofield - Scofield-Genesis

A. W. Pink on Genesis.

The gap theory page - A W Pink - Gleanings In Genesis: 1. Creation and Restoration

Just a few of the links on this website. Steven E. Dill, D.V.M. has written a new book on the Gap Theory called "In the Beginnings" that I plan to read, but I haven't ordered it yet. I imagine I will do that tonight.

Edited to add this video:

The Devastation of Evolution - Chirality (Evolution is a "Catastrophic Failure") by ppsimmons

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I found this one and I think it's pretty special. This is John Macarthur, one of the radio Bible teachers I benefited from in my early years as a Christian. He hosts a program called, 'Grace to You'. While he mostly does New Testament expositions he has done the most in depth treatment of the subject I have seen from a Bible expositor.

It's audio of course but he is a radio teacher after all. :)

The Battle for the Beginning, John Macarthur

I just think this exposition is really good.

Compromises and Consequences - The Genesis Account by by Fred Willson, M.S.

A bit short but RC Sproul is one of the speakers and it underscores the influence of philosophy and liberal theology.

Is Evolution Compatible with Christianity

One more in two parts. This is Dr. Martin who did a lot of work in the counter cult evangelism and apologetics. For the theology behind creationism this can help people learn just how serious and broad the theological issues are.

Walter Martin Cult of Liberal Theology Part I

Dr. Walter Martin - Part 2 of 2

Edited to add:

If you have not read the THE CASE FOR CHRIST you are missing out on one of the best apologetic works of our time. The author, Lee Strobel has since produced a video that follows the trend in mainstream evangelical churches toward Intelligent Design. It's worth a look and does provide a real world alternative to the Darwinian a priori (without prior) assumption of universal common decent by exclusively naturalistic causes. If you like Intelligent Design this video is a must see, in fact, it should be added to your DVD collection immediately.

The Case for the Creator, Lee Stobel

Grace and peace,
Mark

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CTD

May 24, 2011
✟1,499.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Outstanding thread! There are some very good resources here. I'd just like to contribute a little more.

Genetic Entropy & the Mystery of the Genome by John C. Sanford (inventor of the ''gene gun'') is an outstanding book, and it can be read for free online if your browser supports all the right gizmos.

Mystery of Genome

Hardcopy versions are easy enough to locate, so I won't post a link.

The Edinburg Creation group is another outstanding resource. They have many lectures available on video, professionally researched and presented.

Edinburgh Creation Group

Edinburgh Creation Group: Video

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This was posted in the Creationism forum, thought it would make a nice contribution to the resource thread.

Now let us test these... and look at some evidence...

[Genesis Conflict 01 - The Earth in Time And Space - Walter J. Veith]
101 - The Earth in Time and Space / Genesis Conflict - Walter Veith - YouTube

[Genesis Conflict 02 - A Universal Flood - Walter J. Veith]
102 - A Universal Flood / Genesis Conflict - Walter Veith - YouTube

[Genesis Conflict 03 - Bones In Stones - Walter J. Veith]

103 - Bones in Stones / Genesis Conflict - Walter Veith - YouTube

[Genesis Conflict 04 - Where Mammals Reigned - Walter J. Veith]
104 - Where Mammals Reigned / Genesis Conflict - Walter Veith - YouTube

[Genesis Conflict 05 - The Genes Of Genesis - Walter J. Veith]

105 - The Genes of Genesis / Genesis Conflict - Walter Veith - YouTube

[Total Onslaught Mini - The World According To Darwin - Walter J. Veith]

251 - The World According to Darwin / Total Onslaught Mini Series - Walter Veith - YouTube

[Genesis Conflict 06 - Creation To Restoration - Walter J. Veith]
106 - Creation to Restoration / Genesis Conflict - Walter Veith - YouTube

[Genesis Conflict 07 - A Day To Be Remembered - Walter J. Veith]
107 - A day to be Remembered / Genesis Conflict - Walter Veith - YouTube

[Genesis Conflict 08 - A Spade Unearths The Truth - Walter J. Veith]
108 - A spade Unearths the Truth / Genesis Conflict - Walter Veith - YouTube

...evidence, so much to see yet...

Professor Walter J. Veith

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Last edited:
Upvote 0

samaus12345

Jun 28, 2012
Australia
✟16,236.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Satan i mean richard dawkins preaching.

Richard Dawkins - Reason Rally 2012 - YouTube

14.50 (quote mine) "Mock them ridicule them" (re catholics, obviously the real target is christians but hes to cunning to declare that publicly) "Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field that the Lord God had made".

From "The magic of reality"
a%3E

Attachments

• dawkins garden of eden.JPG
    dawkins garden of eden.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 123
  • dawkins garden of eden 2.JPG
    dawkins garden of eden 2.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Upvote 0

samaus12345

Jun 28, 2012
Australia
✟16,236.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Jinx25,

Could you me a favor and instead of starting a new post when you have new material, could you just edit a previous post? Most people are not going to sort through this thread, they will most likely scan through it. When you have multiple posts and resources they are probably not going to follow the link, especially if they don't know what it is. You posted a couple of really good utube videos that I wanted included in the resources thread, here they are:

Powering the Cell - Mitochondria - YouTube

Journey Inside The Cell - YouTube

The ATP Synthase Enzyme - YouTube

Good job brother, your contribution is greatly appreciated. I would just appreciate it if you would organize your posts in here with some brief and direct comments on the content to the casual web surfer is not left to sort out the content.

Here is an example, you posted a link to an invaluable resource but all you posted was the link. You might consider trying this. Cut and paste the title, author and date of the publication

THE ANNALS THE WORLD by JAMES USSHER 1658

Once you have that highlight the text, click the link button (the globe icon) and you will get this:

Thanks for your participation and if there is anything I can to to help feel free to drop me a PM.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Jinx25,

Could you me a favor and instead of starting a new post when you have new material, could you just edit a previous post? Most people are not going to sort through this thread, they will most likely scan through it. When you have multiple posts and resources they are probably not going to follow the link, especially if they don't know what it is. You posted a couple of really good utube videos that I wanted included in the resources thread, here they are:

Originally posted by Jinx25:
Powering the Cell - Mitochondria - YouTube

Journey Inside The Cell - YouTube

The ATP Synthase Enzyme - YouTube

Good job brother, your contribution is greatly appreciated. I would just appreciate it if you would organize your posts in here with some brief and direct comments on the content so the casual web surfer is not left to sort out the content.

Here is an example, you posted a link to an invaluable resource but all you posted was the link. You might consider trying this. Cut and paste the title, author and date of the publication.

Once you have that highlight the text, click the link button (the globe icon), paste the address and you will get this:

It is also important that you let people know where you got the PDF, there might be a lot more resources available and you might not get the chance to tell them otherwise. In the case of this link to the PDF you should advise the reader that clicking on the link will download the PDF.

Thanks for your participation and if there is anything I can to to help feel free to drop me a PM.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Last edited:
Upvote 0