✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I voted: Creation as in Genesis

The Word of God says He created in 6 days, so my faith is to follow what He said. Just as Jesus was resurrected on the third day, so my faith is to follow what the Word of God says. God's time is different than our time, the main point is that God said He created in 6 days so we should believe what HE SAID and not debate about it. While I believe in literal at the same time the Bible did mention that God's time is not the same as our time. All I do at this point is believe what He said whether it is literal or someone's interpration of God's time, God did it in 6 days no matter how you look at it. As God said:"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the LORD. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.' " Isaiah 55:8-9.

The comparison of time with God. A thousand years is like yesterday. It is like one day. One day is as a thousand years. God's perspective on time is not the same as ours. The Bible does not say one day is a thousand years to the Lord or a thousand years is one day. It is just a comparison point. 2 Peter 3:8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

Upvote 0

Stinker

Senior Veteran
Sep 23, 2004
Overland Park, KS.
✟4,880.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think everyone believes in micro evolution. For instance, the problem we have in viruses now having developed resistance to antibiotics due to the over prescribing of these drugs.

The only way something can become macro evolved, is for it to have been micro evolved to that point.

A problem that many have with a literal interpretation of the Genesis creation are the dinosaurs. Somehow, many see a problem with Adam trying out a T-Rex as a helper companion before God decided to create woman.

Upvote 0
P

Peaceful Dove

I think everyone believes in micro evolution. For instance, the problem we have in viruses now having developed resistance to antibiotics due to the over prescribing of these drugs.

The only way something can become macro evolved, is for it to have been micro evolved to that point.

A problem that many have with a literal interpretation of the Genesis creation are the dinosaurs. Somehow, many see a problem with Adam trying out a T-Rex as a helper companion before God decided to create woman.

This question actually came up at the conference. The Professor said it was quite possible that humans did exist with Dinosaurs. However they great animal did not aquire that name untlil several centuries ago. They might have been called some sort of dragon before. Also, we have the image of the Garden of Eden being a small place, we have no indication it was. Also, prior to the fall, there was life outside the Garden.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This question actually came up at the conference. The Professor said it was quite possible that humans did exist with Dinosaurs. However they great animal did not aquire that name untlil several centuries ago. They might have been called some sort of dragon before. Also, we have the image of the Garden of Eden being a small place, we have no indication it was. Also, prior to the fall, there was life outside the Garden.

There were large animals before the flood. They could have been what scientists called "Dinosaurs" but God (or Adam) could have called them differently.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know why it is so hard for people to believe that God could speak something into existence. If God is all powerful then nothing is hard for Him.
I believe the Bible and take God at HIs Word that He created the universe just as it says.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

spiersdodgerblue

Senior Veteran
Jan 31, 2007
✟18,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know why it is so hard for people to believe that God could speak something into existence. If God is all powerful then nothing is hard for Him.
I believe the Bible and take God at HIs Word that He created the universe just as it says.
Good for you brother, I agree with you!:amen:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi. I have no opinion either way. Why did the Hebrew OC have to be written in such an "alien" type language. I take very little of the Bible as purely literal in the way modern english readers view it.

I am trying to learn how the ancients would have interpreted this highly divine language. It will help me understand the Jewish/Hebrew NC a little better I think. Pretty fascinating!!!

http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/

http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/40_genesis1.html

Gene 1: 1 In [a] beginning 'El-ohiym created/filled up <ath> the Heavens/shamayim and the Land/'erets.

4325 mayim mah'-yim dual of a primitive noun (but used in a singular sense); water; figuratively, juice; by euphemism, urine, sperm:--+ [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], wasting, water(-ing, (-course, -flood, -spring)).

Create (Strong's #1254)
The Hebrew word behind created is the Hebrew verb [SIZE=+1]&#1489;&#1512;&#1488;[/SIZE] (bara). The idea of "creating" is an abstract thought that is foreign to Hebrew thought. The concrete understanding behind this word can be seen in 1 Samuel 2:29, "Why do you honor your sons more than me by fattening yourselves on the choice parts of every offering made by my people Israel?" In this passage is the word "fattening" which is the same Hebrew verb [SIZE=+1]&#1489;&#1512;&#1488;[/SIZE] (bara). By extension this word also means to "fill up."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Splayd

Just some guy
Apr 19, 2006
✟8,071.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My thinking on this matter is much the same as Jims.

I believe that God made creation in 6 days, while also appreciating that 6 days may mean 6 undefined periods of time.
I believe that God spoke creation into existence, but appreciate that the details of what occured as a consequence may well include some of the current theories in scientific communities.

Ultimately, I accept the Genesis account to be completely true, while conceding that it doesn't provide us with all the details... SO as long as an argument doesn't contradict the Genesis account I'm not inclined to discard it out of hand.

Mind you - I opt for the simple literal position in my own understanding.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.