Midwest
✟30,391.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is no cover up, because there is no link between vaccines and autism. Cite. Cite. Cite.

The CDC has not kept anything quiet. They had a press release about it, for heaven's sake.

Again, there is no link between vaccines and autism. This has been extensively studied. There is no evidence of any link.

Regards,
Shodan

Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
This wretched "immunization link and cover-up" idea keeps coming back.
It's as hard to kill off as Dracula, and roughly as evil.

But I think more money should go into curing or preventing Headless Chicken Syndrome.
There seems to be more and more of it about.

Upvote 0

Shodan

Feb 22, 2002
Midwest
✟30,391.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But I think more money should go into curing or preventing Headless Chicken Syndrome.
There seems to be more and more of it about.
Big Pharma paid you to say that, didn't they?

Regards,
Shodan

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟937,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You know where there IS a link? There's a link between unvaccinated kids and outbreaks of diseases no one under 40 ever heard of. Because they were extinct. Thanks anti-vaccer crazies. You're putting my grand kids at risk. Idiots.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
You know where there IS a link? There's a link between unvaccinated kids and outbreaks of diseases no one under 40 ever heard of. Because they were extinct. Thanks anti-vaccer crazies. You're putting my grand kids at risk. Idiots.

I know someone who is unable to receive any vaccines due to an immune system disease. All of these people who are refusing to vaccinate their children are putting people like my friend at grave risk because she relies on the immunity of others to prevent diseases from reaching her.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,163.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Since autism almost always shows up at before age 2, perhaps the more suspect vaccines could be administered after the danger of developing autism had passed. If we waited until age 4, for example, a child's social skills would be well-established.

That being said, I really don't believe vaccines cause autism, and children who show vulnerability to vaccines (DPT, for example) are usually given 1/4 doses so that they don't get bad reactions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shodan

Feb 22, 2002
Midwest
✟30,391.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do vaccines have a chance to cause autism? Or is it just a correlation, but not causation situation?
The causes of autism are not well understood, so it is hard to say. OTOH autism is not caused by mercury poisoning or anything like that, so the stuff about thimerosal in vaccines is anti-vaxx BS.

If you slice and dice your figures enough, you can come up with all kinds of apparent correlations. You then need to examine them to see if it is a real correlation, or just statistical anomaly. The story that Brownstein is trying to push is like that - there was one study that found that African American male children seemed to have higher incidence of autism correlated to vaccines. Since there doesn't seem to be any biological explanation as to why only that group should be affected, it appears to be statistical fluctuation. If you flip a coin often enough it might come up tails ten times in a row, but that isn't caused by anything. IYSWIM. And there are lots and lots (LOTS and LOTS) of studies that find no correlation between vaccines and autism. I've linked to a few of them.

The issue is partly driven by two facts - most vaccines are delivered to children who are just beginning to socialize, and autism starts to manifest at about the same time. So people are misled into thinking that the symptoms of autism are caused by the vaccine.

Vaccines don't cause autism. They do prevent all kinds of harm from diseases that should no longer affect children. Measles, for instance - I am old enough that the vaccine was not available, I got the disease from my sister, and as a result I have partial hearing loss in one ear.

Vaccines do not cause autism. Unvaccinated populations suffer from autism at the same rates as vaccinated ones, reduction in vaccination rates do not change autism rates, and the apparent rise in autism is due to increased awareness and diagnosis of the syndrome.

Vaccines do not cause autism.

Regards,
Shodan

Upvote 0

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If your grand kids are vaccinated why are they at risk?

Upvote 0

hsilgne

Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sheesh. You might want to do a little research. No I'm not going to do it for you.
Let’s see.

Less than 5 in 1000 vaccinated persons remain susceptible to the disease the vaccine was meant to immunize them from.

While at least 10 in 1000 persons who receive a vaccine suffer severe side effects like internal bleeding, pneumonia and inflammation of the intestines and stomach.

Now, I may not be a research mogul like you... but I do understand basic math. And for a person who claims to be worried about their family being at risk... you may want to brush up on, you know, basic division.

BTW... my kids have been vaccinated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hsilgne

Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I asked my doctor friend and she said vaccines do not cause autism. And also said that even if they did, being autistic is better than being dead from the pox or whatever. But there is no link, so it's a non issue either way.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Penn and Teller have a nice 4 minute YouTube video on the subject. I won't link to it cuz there's some "language", but it's easy to find.
Yeah. I've seen it.
Penn & Teller offer unassailable credibility.

Upvote 0