Could someone explain me evolution & Big Bang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The ten toes of Nebuchadnezzar's dream represent a revival of the old Roman Empire.

Notice in his dream that it is Jesus (the stone) that destroys the Roman empire.

The Roman empire wasn't defeated, it split (the two legs of Nebuchadnezzar's statue) and dissolved away.

Then ten toes then are ten nations that would come out of the old Roman empire, which would correspond to the European union.

(Do you know of any other union that has roots in the old Roman empire?)
Nope, there are 28 countries in the European Union. There may have been only ten at one point in time, but that is hardly significant. It started with six.

The Roman Empire is no more. It may have split at one point, but none of those countries today can really say they represent Rome in any way, except of course Italy. But that is because it has the city of Rome within it..

EUROPA - Member countries of the European Union

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure if this is true but it seems crime in the US is on the increase after some years of decline.
Violent crime rises for second consecutive year

I know here in Australia there have been increases in crime rates but it is hard to gauge. They can get common crime down but then increases in drugs, gang organized related crime can go up.

Religion has been responsible for many wars and if you look closely, though they say it is in the name of religion there are other motives involved IE the IRA bombings have to do with British occupation from many years ago. But revenge attacks are often involved and this is more to do with mans hatred than anything else.

If some say that religion is declining and therefor the crime rate is declining well that is yet to be proved. But you also have to take into consideration effects that may not be reflected in the crime rates. Things such as divorce becoming easier and underage pregnancies have an effect on family breakdowns which can cause other problems.

I personally believe that as religious values are taken away then it is replaced with more secular acceptance of things. Moral values regarded as wrong. IE religion says you should not have affairs when married and you should only be faithful to the one you are going to marry. In secular society we have now watered that down so people have more casual relations and family breakdowns happen more often. From this we get a lot of unwanted pregnancies which lead to increased abortions. We also see an increase in sexually transmitted diseases and many people hurt emotionally. If you consider that many couples from the days gone by had long term marriages and stayed together more often now it is just about the norm for a marriage and family to break down quickly. Then this creates all the associated problems. Many people who have fallen into the crime statistics have come from a broken family.

The importance is taken away and even though society tries to say it is a persons right to do as they want with their bodies it allows other problems to come in and this can take a toll on a person and the society they live in. The young are becoming more promiscuous and they are not equipped to deal with these matters. So the effects may not lead to crime but they certainly have a cost factor.

You could also add to that list the holocaust and that was 6 million plus. All those killed in the 1st world war, and the 2nd world war and Vietnam war.

I can't remember who said this but someone once said that religion or ideology are not the cause of war but sin is. I say that all disharmony is due to evil and the process to the end of the age. Evil comes in all forms. Secular and religious, ideology or pure greed.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Ten of them are represented in Nebuchadnezzar's dream.

Please AV. Try to be serious.

No kidding?

Did I not say it dissolved?

You implied a continuation. That was not right.

Of course everybody should know that if you take as free of a hand at interpreting the Bible as AV has you can "prove" almost anything.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please AV. Try to be serious.

You implied a continuation. That was not right.

Of course everybody should know that if you take as free of a hand at interpreting the Bible as AV has you can "prove" almost anything.
It's easier to criticize than it is to check with Google, isn't it?

If you don't believe me, and you're truly serious about learning, why not do what most others do?

Check it out yourself?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It's easier to criticize than it is to check with Google, isn't it?

If you don't believe me, and you're truly serious about learning, why not do what most others do?

Check it out yourself?

What? You want me to check to see if some other ignorant people made the same interpretation of the Bible as you did?

You know that there have been countless Christians predicting the end of the world almost since Christs death. Why should anyone give your nonsense any credence at all.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Actually I just assumed Mr. Van Impe, known as the "walking Bible," was teaching basic doctrine when he said that the Antichrist will come from a ten nation confederacy in Europe.

Our pastor, whose forte is eschatology, teaches the same thing.

Don't know about your pastor, by Mr. Van Impe's been preaching the same bill of good for decades -- and the world is still spinning.

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Actually I just assumed Mr. Van Impe, known as the "walking Bible," was teaching basic doctrine when he said that the Antichrist will come from a ten nation confederacy in Europe.

Our pastor, whose forte is eschatology, teaches the same thing.

(And yes, for the record, it used to be called the European Common Market; but now we say European Union.)
To many people America is Satan. Now considering that most Americans originate from Europe and America is the dominant world power then who's to say that the Antichrist won't come from America? Oh by the way America had 10 states at some point too. :p:wave:

Satan even went to Georgia:

The Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia - YouTube

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What? You want me to check to see if some other ignorant people made the same interpretation of the Bible as you did?
If you want to start sounding like you know what I'm talking about, I suggest you do so.

It's up to you though.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To many people America is Satan.
Great Satan or Lesser Satan?
Now considering that most Americans originate from Europe and America is the dominant world power then who's to say that the Antichrist won't come from America?
Some think America will be destroyed during the Tribulation.

I'm up in the air about that.

America certainly will not be the dominant power.

Probably either Russia or China will be.

America is going to be left in chaos when the Rapture occurs.

In addition, the Antichrist is going to be a Jew from either the tribe of Dan or the tribe of Ephraim.
Oh by the way America had 10 states at some point too.
I somehow don't think America is one of the ten toes of Nebuchadnezzar's statue.
Satan even went to Georgia:
Now THAT'S funny! ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Great Satan or Lesser Satan?
Depends on whether you include Texas or not. My guess is that both live down south! After all the Devil likes it hot and not cold like the northern states!

Some think America will be destroyed during the Tribulation.
WHEW!!! Glad that leaves us out! :clap:

I'm up in the air about that.

America certainly will not be the dominant power.

Probably either Russia or China will be.
If creationists have their way and science is no longer taught in schools then I guarantee you America will be called American Province of the People's Republic of China or American state of Russia!

America is going to be left in chaos when the Rapture occurs.
Why worry after all you could go to a better place; Australia maybe?

In addition, the Antichrist is going to be a Jew from either the tribe of Dan or the tribe of Ephraim.
Possibly but maybe he will be an American citizen living in Georgia or Texas?

I somehow don't think America is one of the ten toes of Nebuchadnezzar's statue.
I certainly hope not; last I checked America is a continent on Earth.

Now THAT'S funny! ^_^
I knew you would like that ;):wave:

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I cant see how the EEC can be responsible for anything. Greece is bankrupt others like Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Portugal and Spain who also have problems. They will be lucky to stay together as some countries like Britain want out.

I would say if there is any group that can have a big influence on world affairs its the united nations. They can give the go ahead for war or decide to boycott a country with a trade embargo.

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I cant see how the EEC can be responsible for anything. Greece is bankrupt others like Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Portugal and Spain who also have problems. They will be lucky to stay together as some countries like Britain want out.

I would say if there is any group that can have a big influence on world affairs its the united nations. They can give the go ahead for war or decide to boycott a country with a trade embargo.
Indeed. Poverty induced upon countries is how the financial world make their money; it is called Debtocracy. This is the true Satan:
Activate the English subtitles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JrrsMAZ5PU

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Indeed. Poverty induced upon countries is how the financial world make their money; it is called Debtocracy. This is the true Satan:
Activate the English subtitles:
Catastroika - English Subtitles 720p HD Documentary - YouTube

I think the big banks have more power than anyone. They practically own some countries. Economies pride themselves on good growth thats the aim to maintain and increase growth. Lately many economies have gone into slow downs with the GFC. Australia has has virtually 20 years of continuous good growth but now we are showing signs of a slow down.

I think the US are showing signs of a recovery and also some parts of Europe and England. China is touted as the big new economy and Japan is always trying to reinvent itself. The thing is the more countries maintain good growth the more we use up our resources. Its a throw away society and we are destroying our planet. To maintain growth sellers and governments get credit and place themselves in debt and we are living on borrowed money beyond our means. Its a boom bust cycle that keeps repeating itself but each time the bust comes it gets bigger. Soon after the bust instead of realizing that the system isn't working they get straight back into manipulating the market to make profits and get growth. This is all done at the expense of people so long as the share holders are happy. Now whole countries are going broke and soon it will come down like a house of cards and it will all be worth jack.

They say if economies of the world even maintain a growth rate of 3% then we will use up some of this planets resource in 50 years or so. Or at least be seeing some pretty bad consequences. But countries want 5 and 6% growth and will do everything to get there. The 3rd world countries want the lifestyle we have and are starting to become more like the western world. So we will use up the planets resources even faster. The population is growth at a rapid rate and soon we will start running out of enough food, water and land. Already fish stocks are low and certain areas around the world have had water shortage problems. It will only take a big disaster to push things over the edge and then things could get ugly.

So weather its religion or mankind we need to start working together to stop this or at least slow it down. But we wont where to busy living our comfortable lives getting fat and enjoying ourselves. We dont want to give that up so it will continue until the ---- hits the fan.

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think the big banks have more power than anyone. They practically own some countries. Economies pride themselves on good growth thats the aim to maintain and increase growth. Lately many economies have gone into slow downs with the GFC. Australia has has virtually 20 years of continuous good growth but now we are showing signs of a slow down.

I think the US are showing signs of a recovery and also some parts of Europe and England. China is touted as the big new economy and Japan is always trying to reinvent itself. The thing is the more countries maintain good growth the more we use up our resources. Its a throw away society and we are destroying our planet. To maintain growth sellers and governments get credit and place themselves in debt and we are living on borrowed money beyond our means. Its a boom bust cycle that keeps repeating itself but each time the bust comes it gets bigger. Soon after the bust instead of realizing that the system isn't working they get straight back into manipulating the market to make profits and get growth. This is all done at the expense of people so long as the share holders are happy. Now whole countries are going broke and soon it will come down like a house of cards and it will all be worth jack.

They say if economies of the world even maintain a growth rate of 3% then we will use up some of this planets resource in 50 years or so. Or at least be seeing some pretty bad consequences. But countries want 5 and 6% growth and will do everything to get there. The 3rd world countries want the lifestyle we have and are starting to become more like the western world. So we will use up the planets resources even faster. The population is growth at a rapid rate and soon we will start running out of enough food, water and land. Already fish stocks are low and certain areas around the world have had water shortage problems. It will only take a big disaster to push things over the edge and then things could get ugly.

So weather its religion or mankind we need to start working together to stop this or at least slow it down. But we wont where to busy living our comfortable lives getting fat and enjoying ourselves. We dont want to give that up so it will continue until the ---- hits the fan.
Spoken like a scholar. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

You know that there have been countless Christians predicting the end of the world almost since Christs death. Why should anyone give your nonsense any credence at all.

It happens to be my view as well before I even met AV.

By the way, calling names is uncalled for.

Upvote 0

EternalDragon

Counselor
Jul 31, 2013
✟21,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Your view like mine means absolutely nothing to anyone else because views can change and we can have as many of them as we like, we can not however have our own facts.

Are you addressing evolutionary ideas? Any ideas? Or just Christian ideas?
If it applies to one it must apply to all.

My view is based on God's unchanged word.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.