• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Coping mechanisms

Chococat

I love Jesus and kittycats
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟10,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes I have a few and while I don't cut I tend to comfort eat especially sugary stuff which is not helpful at all as I am quite overweight and have high cholestorel (sp). I do other things but that is the main one. I'm starting with a psychologist next week so hopefully that will help me.

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Welcome to the forum. The Bible says that the things we struggle with are "common to man, but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but ... will also make a way of escape." (1Cor 10:13 I believe he tells us this because we can tend to think we are the "only one," and this causes us to feel defective. He also tells us this because He wants us to know that He's made a way our, a way of escape.

I think all of us who have had depression have turned to things other than God at times, so don't think you are the only one. And know God has a way of escape for you, a plan for your healing. Pour your heart out to Him as much as you want. He wants to hear you and to comfort you. He loves you more than you can imagine.

Prayers for you,
a

Upvote 0

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does anyone else have coping mechanisms for depression, excluding self-harm, that's not constructive or helpful but you keep doing them?
You don't have to say what they are if you don't want to.
YES sadly I do, I sleep A LOT... It is my way of escaping the pain.
BTW A BIGGGGGGGGGGG WELCOME TO CF!!!!:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0