Status
Not open for further replies.

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
Hope it's alright to share these verses here, I was reading them this morning and they just seemed really encouraging to keep believing in God and keep going.

I realise there may be some different interpretations on these as we have people here who have differing views on faith and what the outward expression of faith is but we can all be encouraged by the way Abraham chose to keep believing in God.

Romans 4:18-21

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be." Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah's womb was also dead.

Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. This is why "it was credited to him as righteousness."

Against all hope... I guess this was encouraging because recently I have been getting weighed under by despair by the things in my life where only by God intervening will anything change or will the things I had dreamed for when I was younger happen.

The devil has stolen a lot from me, and I let him through ignorance and rebellion, but now since God showed up I began to hope again and God restored some of what had been taken from me. God be praised!

I am not saying we are to have hope about things that are not Gods' will for us but we are to hope in God and keep believing what He says no matter what the circumstances in our lives may be saying and God strengthened Abraham's faith too when he did that and he gave glory to God.

Abraham's example inspires me today
I hope it does others too

Lord, please help us be strong in faith in you and what you say like Abraham was, for your glory, amen

Last edited:

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hope it's alright to share these verses here, I was reading them this morning and they just seemed really encouraging to keep believing in God and keep going.

I realise there may be some different interpretations on these as we have people here who have differing views on faith and what the outward expression of faith is but we can all be encouraged by the way Abraham chose to keep believing in God.

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be." Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah's womb was also dead.

Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. This is why "it was credited to him as righteousness."

Against all hope... I guess this was encouraging because recently I have been getting weighed under by despair by the things in my life where only by God intervening will anything change or will the things I had dreamed for when I was younger happen.

The devil has stolen a lot from me, and I let him through ignorance and rebellion, but now since God showed up I began to hope again and God restored some of what had been taken from me. God be praised!

I am not saying we are to have hope about things that are not Gods' will for us but we are to hope in God and keep believing what He says no matter what the circumstances in our lives may be saying and God strengthened Abraham's faith too when he did that and he gave glory to God.

Lord, please help us be strong in faith in you and what you say like Abraham was, for your glory, amen
Hello..
Fear not sis,all the great ones had their descents..

But rest in the fact that,He will pick you up,and set your feet upon a rock!

The Lord restores your soul,and will bring times of refreshing too.

The green pastures come,after the long valley.

So it looks like green pastures are on the way..:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Amen Fig, you are not alone, like Abrahma we base our hope on our Lord Jesus Christ's promises, because our all-powerful God had promised those things.

We struggle so much in declaring who God is, our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our faith, acknowledging that HE is faithful and powerful enough to keep HIS PROMISES.

Yes, if our faith was only like Abraham's faith, we would throw many mountains into the sea.

Thanks for sharing, and you are an encouragement to see that you are fighting a good fight of faith.

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

Seeking Him

May 19, 2008
USA
✟10,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Mentioning Abraham reminded me that Abraham was the friend of God. We are God's friends too. He loves to talk with us, to fellowship. I like to think of the walk of faith as a walk of friendship with the Lord. How great it is that He is so welcoming, so accepting, and so faithful in our relationship. :)

Reactions: San54
Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
Hello..
Fear not sis,all the great ones had their descents..

But rest in the fact that,He will pick you up,and set your feet upon a rock!

The Lord restores your soul,and will bring times of refreshing too.

The green pastures come,after the long valley.

So it looks like green pastures are on the way..:thumbsup:

Thanks, God has already given me so much more than I deserve that whether green pastures come back round again or not God will still get my praise and just knowing He is there is green pastures in itself. Someone dear to me has always said there are seasons in life and what you're saying here corresponds with that, thank you.

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
Amen Fig, you are not alone, like Abrahma we base our hope on our Lord Jesus Christ's promises, because our all-powerful God had promised those things.

We struggle so much in declaring who God is, our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our faith, acknowledging that HE is faithful and powerful enough to keep HIS PROMISES.

Yes, if our faith was only like Abraham's faith, we would throw many mountains into the sea.

Thanks for sharing, and you are an encouragement to see that you are fighting a good fight of faith.

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Hey E2, thank you for your encouragement
God bless

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
Mentioning Abraham reminded me that Abraham was the friend of God. We are God's friends too. He loves to talk with us, to fellowship. I like to think of the walk of faith as a walk of friendship with the Lord. How great it is that He is so welcoming, so accepting, and so faithful in our relationship. :)

I love what you have said about Abraham being the friend of God and how that relates to walking in faith, it warmed my heart, God bless you

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.