Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Guatemala hasn't always been the easiest place to convert people, as is seen in this photo!

indiana-jones-angry-natives.jpg

for anyone out there interested, I think the stats and what OCMC is doing is pretty amazing

http://www.ancientfaith.com/podcasts/features/150000_converts_in_guatemala

Upvote 0

Second Phoenix

Jul 28, 2013
✟2,668.00
Faith
Christian
I know this might not be well received, but I am quite honest and sincere, as this doesn't mesh with what I know of most Orthodox and their outlook.

I thought the Orthodox prided themselves on not being involved in 'sheep stealing'? A term I learned from the Orthodox. Do they normally go into Catholic countries like the Pentecostals, Evangelicals, and Baptists?

Again, I genuinely mean no offense. In talking to Orthodox, I had always thought they were against this sort of thing, having long been victims of conversions by Muslims, atheists, and other Christian groups.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Every country deserves an Orthodox presence, period. If you believe, as we do, that the Orthodox Church represents the fullness of the True Faith and is the continuance of the ancient Church unspoiled and with right teaching, why not give people the choice?

I know this might not be well received, but I am quite honest and sincere, as this doesn't mesh with what I know of most Orthodox and their outlook.

I thought the Orthodox prided themselves on not being involved in 'sheep stealing'? A term I learned from the Orthodox. Do they normally go into Catholic countries like the Pentecostals, Evangelicals, and Baptists?

Again, I genuinely mean no offense. In talking to Orthodox, I had always thought they were against this sort of thing, having long been victims of conversions by Muslims, atheists, and other Christian groups.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think the issue is that, say when the Iron Curtain fell, that the Protestant missionaries came as if the people under the communists were devoid of Christianity, which is kinda insulting for those Christians who maintained such faith under such persecution.

personally I don't care if the other denominations try to go out into the world. if Orthodoxy is what we say it is, the Truth will speak for itself. hope that makes some sense.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In Russia it sure as shootin' wouldn't be ok!

Does that mean that the Orthodox in general are okay with eliminating all legal restrictions for missionary activities in their native countries, among their faithful?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Part of me agrees, part of me looks at Russia and says, "no wacko Evangelicals, JW's, Mormons, or heretics allowed...bravo!" LOL!!!

I think the issue is that, say when the Iron Curtain fell, that the Protestant missionaries came as if the people under the communists were devoid of Christianity, which is kinda insulting for those Christians who maintained such faith under such persecution.

personally I don't care if the other denominations try to go out into the world. if Orthodoxy is what we say it is, the Truth will speak for itself. hope that makes some sense.

Upvote 0

Shieldmaiden4Christ

Eastward bound
Aug 28, 2013
Where the Wild Things Are
✟16,564.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Part of me agrees, part of me looks at Russia and says, "no wacko Evangelicals, JW's, Mormons, or heretics allowed...bravo!" LOL!!!

Life would be more peaceful not to have one group or the other knock on my front door once a week. :sorry:

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2012
United States of America
✟41,078.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
"I thought the Orthodox prided themselves on not being involved in 'sheep stealing'?"

This may not be well received, but, its not sheep stealing. We are the Church of Jesus Christ, we are His Body, and the fullness of salvation is found only in the Holy Orthodox (which btw means "correctly beleiving/worshipping") and Catholic (which means "complete, whole, lacking nothing").

Therefore, we do evangelize everyone one, whether they are of a heterodox christian group or some other religion, or some form of atheism.

We will continue to enact legislation, if the people in those predominately Orthodox countries wish to have such legislation, to protect the flock from any Gospel different from the Gospel we received from Jesus Christ and the Apostles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums