West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is not what I conceded. I conceded the point on the genealogy of Christ.

I said I was tired of people like you who are not apologists because you believe in the Bible a priori, so discussion with you is pointless. You're now showing the inability to retain basic information.

Lastly, I didn't hone it down. I expanded the discussion and the thread got locked for having multiple topics.

Now please answer the questions in the OP or bless me and be on your way.

it is one thing to believe in the Bible a priori, and quite another to believe we evolved from a slime somewhere, a priori.

I won't go into that detail, but the comparison of those who believe in the Bible a priori, is not as suprising as many who believe we evolved from slime in a swamp somehere, or better yet, we evolved from a rock, or better yet we evolved from absolute zero. So again, this illustration proves that a priori belief is relative, again I won't divulge any more into evolution as this is not a thread for that. I simply wished you to have some context, that you should not be suprised as much as perhaps we have the right to be.

( in conclusion: naturalists are just as guilty, atheists, an uniformitarians alike, who believe a priori that we evolved from rocks, so your context is flawed and is the pot calling the kettle black).

I forgot I bowed out of this one earlier, but your are becoming an easy target once again.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nihilist, would you be so kind as to help me see the contradiction you mentioned in the OP? As I read the passages you provided (and some others), here's what I get:

Jehoahaz is king

Jehoiakim succeeds him; Jehoiakim also has a brother called Mattaniah

Jehoiachin succeeds him ("bounce")

Mattaniah (named Zedekiah by the Babylonian king) succeeds him.

The prophecy says Jehoiakim will have no one inherit the throne of David. The guy you're talking about is Mattaniah, who is Jehoiachin's uncle (Jehoiakim's brother), and is therefore not in Jehoiakim's bloodline.

What's the contradiction? Thanks.

he could probably explain it better, but I would draw out a family tree. It made it easier to see. But the wording in the OP is sufficient to spot it. It's a real contradiction, unless as some of the others state is real, but I have not validated that either. But worst case scenario is it is a contradiction in one or two words, only which is not a meaningful passage. I mean what theology comes from ages of people? How can we know God better based on that passage? So to have copyist errors on certain areas is not far from the truth. It is usually grammar, and word spellings albeit. To have a full word in error is unusual, but not impossible. 95% of the Bible is perfectly accurate as seen in the dead sea scrolls. and no spot of theological importance (apart from central theology), is in question. The author of this thread seems to believe everything is important, however, but it simply not. Some passages are critical for salvation, others are not, it really is a spectrum of various levels of importance.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stop the presses, I changed my mind.

Just needed clarification. Want to make sure no one reading this thread 3,000 years from now get the impression Satan influenced your decision.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,762,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread had a clean up, however, it is also staying closed. There was too much flaming and responses to the OP by other than orthodox Christians.​

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.