Contemporary Principle of Hermeutics

Aethelsige

Mar 29, 2003
florida
Visit site
✟218.00
Faith
Messianic
What is the real story here. Putting aside the theoretical statements and looking at what has in effect happened in hermeneutics you see that the principle of contempory conventions has been the real hermeneutic in the last 2,000 years. The western world, to a man, when speaking of the 'new testament' means the collection of writting of the deciples of the Christ. The context in which Jeremiah defined the words Brit Chadasha or new covenant has been superceded. So the result is that when you lay out the text of Jeremiah's prophecy on the new covenant you get jibberish. Try a test. Take the passage and write over the words 'new covenant' the words 'collection of writtings'. Read it aloud. Replace the word covenant with writtings as well. Read it aloud and listen to what you are saying.

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Shamash Of Yeshua said:
Shalom Aethelsige,

Which passage are you refering to?

Shalom,

Tag
This one ;) [font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]
31 "Here, the days are coming," says ADONAI, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Isra'el and with the house of Y'hudah. 32 It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers on the day I took them by their hand and brought them out of the land of Egypt; because they, for their part, violated my covenant, even though I, for my part, was a husband to them," says ADONAI. 33 "For this is the covenant I will make with the house of Isra'el after those days," says ADONAI: "I will put my Torah within them and write it on their hearts; I will be their God, and they will be my people. 34 No longer will any of them teach his fellow community member or his brother, 'Know ADONAI'; for all will know me, from the least of them to the greatest; because I will forgive their wickednesses and remember their sins no more." [font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]The Complete Jewish Bible[/font]
[/font]

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Now I wonder if my heart(ark) in my body(Temple) actually contains a physical sefer? ;) Is the Torah actually 'placed' in my heart? That would place tablets of stone within my heart. And we know he said we would contain hearts of flesh, not stone. ;)

Agrees with Tishri, I choose not to focus on the creation of Adonai, I choose to see Yeshua in his creation. We focus on Yeshua, he focuses on his creation.

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
shimshon said:
Now I wonder if my heart(ark) in my body(Temple) actually contains a physical sefer? Is the Torah actually 'placed' in my heart? That would place tablets of stone within my heart. And we know he said we would contain hearts of flesh, not stone.

Agrees with Tishri, I choose not to focus on the creation of Adonai, I choose to see Yeshua in his creation. We focus on Yeshua, he focuses on his creation.
I just thought of something:idea: if things can be encoded(follow me on this, it get kind of sci fy sh) on our hearts (a place where our intents and purposes dwell) then I wonder what else is encoded there. what else has our hearts:sigh:? Yeshua and the Father know that place intimately(maybe even better than we do) and maybe we need to let them search it out for strange fire(things we hold dear that are bad for us). I really am getting the feeling these days that our "Torah" needs to have a cleaner Ark, that our hearts need to be reprogrammed and the bugs/hackers removed. What a great year to have a "clean sweep" :clap: and who better to wash us white as snow...YESHUA:clap:

Reactions: Henaynei
Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Tishri1 said:
I just thought of something:idea: if things can be encoded(follow me on this, it get kind of sci fy sh) on our hearts (a place where our intents and purposes dwell) then I wonder what else is encoded there. what else has our hearts:sigh:? Yeshua and the Father know that place intimately(maybe even better than we do) and maybe we need to let them search it out for strange fire(things we hold dear that are bad for us). I really am getting the feeling these days that our "Torah" needs to have a cleaner Ark, that our hearts need to be reprogrammed and the bugs/hackers removed. What a great year to have a "clean sweep" :clap: and who better to wash us white as snow...YESHUA:clap:
good thoughts!

Upvote 0

Aethelsige

Mar 29, 2003
florida
Visit site
✟218.00
Faith
Messianic
It is apparent that modern langauge defines the words of the Biblical text according to what is currently fashionable. I hear the word Christians injected in the text so many times that you would think the text of the Brit Chadasha contains 100's of references to Christians. Paul was preaching to the Christians all over asia minor. I only recall 2 references to christian in the texts. It appears that that when you see the words - believers, deciples, etc it is acceptable to replace those words with the word christians. Because the principle of contempory hermenuetics demands it.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
I'd say it was rather the principles of modern independent theology that demand it - colloquial doctrines and theologies supported by ethnocentric principles......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟140,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bananna said:
Are any of you starting to back translate automatically? Do you mark up your bibles with terms like energia, ekklesia, mikvah? Do you write in Messengers instead of angels and Mashiach and Pneuma?
Todah Bananna! :clap:

You are so very perseptive, though I somehow expected a few aramaic terms thrown in for good measure. ;) I have a new found respect for your sense of relevance and discernement of bovine fecal contamination. :cool: *makes wide sweeping bow* :thumbsup: In truth, I make back translations for only those terms that I know don't translate well or where the translation obscures relevant contextural or idiomatic references.

In the long and short of it, my take on this OP is best summed up by shimshon's post and your glaring spotlight on the irrelevant kneejerk that is usual to our nature. We so easily forget that the truth is simple by nature and that it is the devil that is found in the details. I was going to make an appointment at the salon, but I decided that I really don't need anymore hairs split. :D

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
talmidim said:
Todah Bananna!

You are so very perseptive, though I somehow expected a few aramaic terms thrown in for good measure. I have a new found respect for your sense of relevance and discernement of bovine fecal contamination. :cool: *makes wide sweeping bow* :thumbsup: In truth, I make back translations for only those terms that I know don't translate well or where the translation obscures relevant contextural or idiomatic references.

In the long and short of it, my take on this OP is best summed up by shimshon's post and your glaring spotlight on the irrelevant kneejerk that is usual to our nature. We so easily forget that the truth is simple by nature and that it is the devil that is found in the details. I was going to make an appointment at the salon, but I decided that I really don't need anymore hairs split.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to talmidim again.
:D:D^_^love it!

Upvote 0