Constitutional Conservative GOP House Trio introduces bill repealing DC Home Rule Act - Return DC to Congressional Authority

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

House GOP trio introduces bill repealing DC Home Rule Act

“The Constitution places the authority and responsibility of DC administration with the Congress — not with a DC Mayor or a DC City Council. Congress needs to reclaim its Constitutional authority and make our Nation’s capital safe again, which is why I’m introducing the Seat of Government Act to repeal the DC Home Rule Act,” [Rep Ogles] continued.

The bill, which is not likely to pass, was introduced by Rep. Andy Ogles (R-Tenn.) and cosponsored by Reps. Matt Rosendale (R-Mont.) and Byron Donalds (R-Fla.).

From Article I - Section 8 Powers of Congress

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States

This quixotic bill at least lives up to the conservative tenet of going back to the ideas of the founders.

Reactions: HARK!

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

House GOP trio introduces bill repealing DC Home Rule Act

“The Constitution places the authority and responsibility of DC administration with the Congress — not with a DC Mayor or a DC City Council. Congress needs to reclaim its Constitutional authority and make our Nation’s capital safe again, which is why I’m introducing the Seat of Government Act to repeal the DC Home Rule Act,” [Rep Ogles] continued.

The bill, which is not likely to pass, was introduced by Rep. Andy Ogles (R-Tenn.) and cosponsored by Reps. Matt Rosendale (R-Mont.) and Byron Donalds (R-Fla.).

From Article I - Section 8 Powers of Congress

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States

This quixotic bill at least lives up to the conservative tenet of going back to the ideas of the founders.

They should simply Federalize all US Government properties in DC and return the city to Maryland.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those ignorant clowns in government can't manage what's on their plate now and they want more.

"In the first 5 days of August, DC saw 13 homicides. The Nation’s capital has been overrun with violent crime, drugs, theft, homelessness, and riots,” Ogles said in a statement to the Washington Examiner."

Upvote 0