Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If believing that evil is organized, effecient, and well connected in this world makes someone a conspiracy theorist...
If believing that Satan has used the communications, medical, and consumer corporate world to infiltrate the minds and lives of humans makes someone a conspiracy theorist...
If believing the Elders and Saints over the academics and politicians makes someone a conspiracy theorist...
If believing that there is a real hell, a real judgement, a real Anti-Christ, and A real Holy Catholic Orthodox Church that retains the truth of eternity, salvation, God, and ultimate reality makes someone a conspiracy theorist...

Then I'm a conspiracy theorist

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There’s a good documentary on the Bilderberg Group on Gaia TV. It didn’t surprise me to learn that the World Council of Churches are part of it.

D9735B01-65F5-49D2-A386-579F090CDA1E.jpeg

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,185,643.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If believing that evil is organized, effecient, and well connected in this world makes someone a conspiracy theorist...
If believing that Satan has used the communications, medical, and consumer corporate world to infiltrate the minds and lives of humans makes someone a conspiracy theorist...
If believing the Elders and Saints over the academics and politicians makes someone a conspiracy theorist...
If believing that there is a real hell, a real judgement, a real Anti-Christ, and A real Holy Catholic Orthodox Church that retains the truth of eternity, salvation, God, and ultimate reality makes someone a conspiracy theorist...

Then I'm a conspiracy theorist
I don't believe that any of the above makes you a conspiracy theorist. I believe it makes you a realist.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟436,705.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The answer is simple: define terms.
What IS a conspiracy? Is there such a thing in reality?
Do men of wealth and power ever conspire in secret to increase their wealth and power at the expense of others?
Since the answer is an obvious “Yes”, the issue then becomes whether the claim of conspiracy is true or false.

The stupid thing is to react to the term like Pavlov’s dogs without any real thinking occurring, which a lot of people do. Some can be helped out of that by posing those simple questions; others are so bigoted that they cannot imagine how anyone could possibly disagree with them (which is the essence of bigotry).

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟456,965.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The devils are the real 'illuminati' in this world but people don't talk about this.
The bible talks about this:

"in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient." ... He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God."

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟456,965.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
However you can't deny there is lots of invented stories, and this can be harmful, so much information there is sometiomes you can't distuinguish between maybe true ones and false ones.

I myself have a bit of a problems with this, my mother reads stuff on facebook and youtube, and i need sometimes to tell her this and that is all invented stuff, that please don't believe all this stuff is going around, i really hate there is people inventing conspiracy theories for what purpose i don't know. Grab attention maybe? the devil likes to misinform and lie to people, christians shouldn't do it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
However you can't deny there is lots of invented stories, and this can be harmful, so much information there is sometiomes you can't distuinguish between maybe true ones and false ones.

I myself have a bit of a problems with this, my mother reads stuff on facebook and youtube, and i need sometimes to tell her this and that is all invented stuff, that please don't believe all this stuff is going around, i really hate there is people inventing conspiracy theories for what purpose i don't know. Grab attention maybe? the devil likes to misinform and lie to people, christians shouldn't do it.
I defined a very detailed list in the OP. Of course there's insanity but I'm talking about specifics to The One True Orthodox Faith that are being labeled as such.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟456,965.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I defined a very detailed list in the OP. Of course there's insanity but I'm talking about specifics to The One True Orthodox Faith that are being labeled as such.

I actually agree with you for the most part of what you said, i just was talking a bit of the 'conspiracy theories' that even in here are put by christians, and that i don't like all the misinformation and 'panic' inducing lies.

Upvote 0

Nick T

Lurker
May 31, 2010
UK
✟15,655.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I believe in all of what is written in the OP, but that doesn't necessarily mean I believe in all the specific conspiracies that people promote.

If I don't believe that "x person/organisation is doing y evil thing" it doesn't mean that that I don't believe that Satan influences the powers and principalities of this world, as he always has done. Its just that I don't find the evidence convincing that that specific person is doing that specific evil.

While I don't think the OP at least is saying this, I think its still worth mentioning that just because someone doesn't believe in a specific conspiracy that you believe to be true doesn't mean you can freely accuse them of believing politicians over saints or denying the truth of the Church. We are permitted to disagree over practical matters. Adherence to a specific political point of view or belief in a specific conspiracy is not a good way to judge someone's faith.

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The point of the OP is to call out the baseless accusations of "Conspiracy Theorist" for holding a properly basic Christian worldview. Fr. Peter Heers and a number of other priests have been called names for simply saying the exact things in the OP.

Upvote 0

Nick T

Lurker
May 31, 2010
UK
✟15,655.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The point of the OP is to call out the baseless accusations of "Conspiracy Theorist" for holding a properly basic Christian worldview. Fr. Peter Heers and a number of other priests have been called names for simply saying the exact things in the OP.

I disagree categorically with calling priests or bishops names (as unfortunately, yes, has been done on this forum at times). Even when we disagree with our clergy we should do so with the proper respect befitting their office. But what I've also seen here is an opposite tendency to assert that belief in specific currently fashionable theories is an automatic part of the basic Christian worldview, when in fact that is not the case.

For example the meme you posted earlier in this thread with regards to the theories surrounding the coronavirus vaccine. I do not agree with any of that. I would personally consider them "conspiracy theories"* in the sense of "theories alleging a conspiracy which I do not believe have been sufficiently proven". And yet despite that I still believe in the basic Christian worldview espoused by the OP.

(*Though I would not use that word in conversation because it is often use to imply that those who believe in them are "stupid", which is equally false- I can disagree with someone about evidence without either of us being "stupid", we're just probably drawing from different sources)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I disagree categorically with calling priests or bishops names (as unfortunately, yes, has been done on this forum at times). Even when we disagree with our clergy we should do so with the proper respect befitting their office. But what I've also seen here is an opposite tendency to assert that belief in specific currently fashionable theories is an automatic part of the basic Christian worldview, when in fact that is not the case.

For example the meme you posted earlier in this thread with regards to the theories surrounding the coronavirus vaccine. I do not agree with any of that. I would personally consider them "conspiracy theories"* in the sense of "theories alleging a conspiracy which I do not believe have been sufficiently proven". And yet despite that I still believe in the basic Christian worldview espoused by the OP.

(*Though I would not use that word in conversation because it is often use to imply that those who believe in them are "stupid", which is equally false- I can disagree with someone about evidence without either of us being "stupid", we're just probably drawing from different sources)

In the words of Fr. Joseph: I'm a conspiracy nut. I drink the koolaid. Dragons exist.

Upvote 0

Nick T

Lurker
May 31, 2010
UK
✟15,655.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
In the words of Fr. Joseph: I'm a conspiracy nut. I drink the koolaid. Dragons exist.

I agree entirely with the video. Of course God is bigger than Covid. As Christians we must always remain steadfast in our faith and never give way to excessive fear. Not sure where I implied otherwise.

And just for clarity I never called you a nut or meant to imply such.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Justin,

lately you posted some memes on poor taste, your avatar is equally tacky, and you seem a tad unhinged. In the forum you represent Orthodoxy. We can all be silly and off track at times, but the avatar makes us look anti-Catholic. I wouldn’t like to see any Orthodox hierarchy mocked in OBOB. Visitors to our sub forum shouldn’t see us poking fun at popes. Same thing with the memes and bragging about being a conspiracy nut. Just speaking for myself, please dial it down and do a little more listening and a touch less attention-seeking and chatter. You’re off the hook, my friend. I’m smelling hyperdoxy in huge fumes.

You misunderstood. I am a conspiracy nut par excellence.

• Agree
Reactions: Anhelyna
Upvote 0