Conservatives Wage Secret Plan Liberal Pontiff Stress Step Down

BAChristian

Discerning the Diaconate. Please pray for me.
Aug 17, 2003
Indiana
✟13,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,697,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

This may get interesting.
I just read this from Reuters:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,697,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,244,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,697,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We now know we can handle one pope emeritus. Right now we have zero.
Does anyone actually think Pope Francis would really resign? I feel like he has goals he wants to meet and that is not something he’s wants to do unless he felt he was going to become incapacitated soon. I mean, its the ideal to be Pope till you are called home but I just mention it because he has brought up a few times in the past.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,244,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Does anyone actually think Pope Francis would really resign? I feel like he has goals he wants to meet and that is not something he’s wants to do unless he felt he was going to become incapacitated soon. I mean, its the ideal to be Pope till you are called home but I just mention it because he has brought up a few times in the past.
I think we could see things come to a head if the Ganswein book brings things to a boil. There is some chance of that. A few days will tell. The Ganswein book is due out to the public on January 12th. Which means it's been printed and there are review copies that have been out for at least a month and the bookstores have the books now. Some people have been reading it already. If there is anything explosive in the book, the explosion is already begun. The steam builds up and boom. Or it fizzles.

Pope Francis may be stubborn. But then he might find even more cardinals start going against him, too many. They have no real power but it would be hard to continue on without them. He's already lots a lot of laity and priests and even bishops too, who barely tolerate him. if that.

• Informative
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,697,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think we could see things come to a head if the Ganswein book brings things to a boil. There is some chance of that. A few days will tell. The Ganswein book is due out to the public on January 12th. Which means it's been printed and there are review copies that have been out for at least a month and the bookstores have the books now. Some people have been reading it already. If there is anything explosive in the book, the explosion is already begun. The steam builds up and boom. Or it fizzles.

Pope Francis may be stubborn. But then he might find even more cardinals start going against him, too many. They have no real power but it would be hard to continue on without them. He's already lots a lot of laity and priests and even bishops too, who barely tolerate him. if that.

From what I’ve gathered, he tends to surround himself with those that are in agreement with him for the most part. I’d be interested to hear the flip side of the story from clergy that have issues with him. It seems a lot of them get shut down and nothing is ever resolved. I know transparency is something Pope Francis has promised but I really do not see it when he refuses to answer questions or clarify anything he says himself. I’m one of those people that really do not understand Pope Francis and how he operates.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,244,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
From what I’ve gathered, he tends to surround himself with those that are in agreement with him for the most part.
He does seem to isolate himself even intentionally.
I’d be interested to hear the flip side of the story from clergy that have issues with him. It seems a lot of them get shut down and nothing is ever resolved.
I think most do not want to be complainers and have just stuffed their frustrations. At some point it could all start coming out like a Spring melt turns into a flood.
I know transparency is something Pope Francis has promised but I really do not see it when he refuses to answer questions or clarify anything he says himself.
Like the Dubia? Hah!
I’m one of those people that really do not understand Pope Francis and how he operates.
Angry old man seems to explain it for me. A bit of paranoia. Set in his own mind. Not trusting anyone he hasn't hand picked.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,697,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He does seem to isolate himself even intentionally.

I think most do not want to be complainers and have just stuffed their frustrations. At some point it could all start coming out like a Spring melt turns into a flood.

Like the Dubia? Hah!

Angry old man seems to explain it for me. A bit of paranoia. Set in his own mind. Not trusting anyone he hasn't hand picked.
Did you see the controversy about the man kneeling and being denied communion? I have been keeping up in that and last I read, the man simply wanted to receive communion as Benedict allowed in remembrance of him. I’m not sure what going on with that but I feel after Pope Benedict resigned that divisions have gotten worse regardless of what PR puts out. I mean, it’s obvious there is a huge problem.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟761,314.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think all the Popes tend to surround themselves with men who are on their side. Pope John Paul XXIII did the same thing, but he chose more conservative "partners".

It wouldn't matter who was there - I knew one priest who had no time for Benedict. The priest was liberal of course.

The liberals wouldn't agree with a conservative pope; conservatives wouldn't agree with a liberal pope; and a moderate pope probably wouldn't be able to please anybody.

Meanwhile the rest of us are expected to get on with our own Christian lives and stop thinking the Pope is the entire Church, no more than Trump or Biden is the entire USA or Scott or Albanese comprise all of Australia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,244,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Did you see the controversy about the man kneeling and being denied communion? I have been keeping up in that and last I read, the man simply wanted to receive communion as Benedict allowed in remembrance of him. I’m not sure what going on with that but I feel after Pope Benedict resigned that divisions have gotten worse regardless of what PR puts out. I mean, it’s obvious there is a huge problem.
That was just petty. I don’t think it signals change though. Just pettiness.

If I were pope for a day I would make lots of appointments to a new diocese in Antarctica.

Upvote 0

BAChristian

Discerning the Diaconate. Please pray for me.
Aug 17, 2003
Indiana
✟13,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I will say that I think Pope Francis is not as bad as people make him out to be. He is Argentinan and one has to remember that people from different cultures say the same thing but in a different way that is often taken out of context. He's a Jesuit if I'm not mistaken, so he's naturally on the liberal side. My personal belief is that there is no room for liberalism in any part of Catholicism.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,697,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, to have been a fly on the wall this morning, January 9, when Pope Francis met privately with Archbishop Georg Gänswein.

Upvote 0