Senior Veteran
Jul 28, 2004
Hamilton
✟20,300.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Pretty much all the weddings I've been to have involved congregational singing- all the Christian ones anyway. Weddings seem to go the same sort of way a regular church service goes. Starts of with some sort of prelude- the wedding party comes in then, the a welcome by the pastor, then I'd say a song or three ;), then service stuff- like scripture, prayers, sermon, and wedding stuff- like unity candle, vows, rings, signing register, etc. Mixed in there perhaps a song or two (like maybe one while you do your signing of the register), and maybe a song or two at the end. It really depends on what you want the music to function as (which depends on the songs chosen). Do you want it to be a sort of call to worship? Praise songs? Do you want it to help the service flow? Do you want it to help people connect with God? Give a message to the bride and groom? Use it as a closing/sending song?

There's no specific formula... do whatever you want :) There's no right or wrong way to do it!

Upvote 0

Sascha Fitzpatrick

Apr 29, 2004
✟9,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some of my Christian friends/family have, some haven't - it's all up to you.

We're going to have ours sung during the signing of the register - one song which his parents had at their wedding (hymnal arrangement of 'As the Deer'), and one of our own ('Over the Mountains' by Delirious).

I figured that was the easiest place to put them, without stretching the time of the wedding out any further (considering we're also doing a handfasting bit)...

Sasch

Upvote 0

ibelieve316

Dec 9, 2005
Central Florida
✟141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. I think I'll talk to my pastor about what he thinks as well. I just didn't want to bring it up without more info about it and some suggestions on how to do this. I haven't choosen the songs yet. It will probably be worship songs probably from Third day, mercy me, or Jeremy Camp. Here are a couple I'm considering so you can see where I want to go with this:
The heart of worship Sonic flood
your love oh lord third day
love song third day

Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much ladies!

Upvote 0