Confirmation Saints... Do we always have one?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,681,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The reason I am asking is when I entered the Church they never asked me about a saint and I have noticed that others have been asked. I get the feeling that since my name is Teresa Michelle that maybe it was assumed that I had chose a St. Teresa? My priest that welcomed me into the Church is no longer there so I always wonder about this when I see others come into the Church and are asked. I was never asked. Who is your confirmation saint? And do you have an active relationship with your saint?

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi, (In spelling and minor edits now)
(Done now.) (Argh. I found an important word misspelled. I corrected that. Sorry.)

Michele, for Michael.
Patricia, for Patrick.

I have a relationship with both of them.

I can no longer remember, which was for Baptism and which was for Confirmation.

I chose Mary one day also. And I have never been allowed to drop it, neither by me, nor in any feelings ever exchanged with God, on that subject.

It took years before I knew Patrick was there. Even now, he lets me know occasionally.

Michael before your question today, like God in that way, he never really says he is there, but is.

Today, I remember a spiritual battle that I was called in for, for an old priest. Michael came with many many angels and helped out. That was the first time I have ever seen Michael, in my recollections,.

For, you it should be the same. The names you call yourself by, that are neither first nor last, are your patron and confirmation and other patron saints you choose to help you out in life.

Each of my patron saints help me out.

I was scared. So afraid. I chose, others, but only one was a saint, it was Mary.

Later I added Joseph out of love and respect.

I actually chose each member of The Trinity, individually, because I was that afraid, of myself, and life.

All the male saints are feminized, but still refer to those male saints.

My internal names are for: Patrick, Michael, Mary, Joseph, The Holy Spirit, The Father, and Jesus Christ.

Each of Them/them, are in my life as helpers and protectors, of me, and they aid me in my tasks on earth for Them.

I imagine, choice is available to everyone.

So, pick one if you want. Pick more if you need to.

That is my experience with saints, and Confirmation, with one change.

For The Holy Spirit, I call Him, L.....,
The Father is P..., and Jesus is Savior.

Also, a year ago or so, I was told the name God calls me by, and the reason He calls me by that name, which is private still.

He calls me by Mary, and none of my friends seem to be able to handle that switch, and maybe that is the way it is supposed to be, for a reason.

So all of my friends and acquaintances use a version of Katerina such as Kate, Katie or even Katerina, and I let and accept them that way also.

It took me many days to switch my life to Mary. The hardest part was the first three days.

I have just asked twice, now three times.

Luvvie, for ~his displacing His personality so that we do not feel him when he works, thus love, being used to displace self, to love the father and the son and us, is called Luvvie by me personally, as he uses love to love.

With the last consonant pronounced individually, my pesonal love and respect but also honor and encompassing all he is to me and to all of you, name, for the father, is Popp.

Jesus as I said is Savior.~

~Internally, as in my case, I had to change, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, to personal names, when They All/all became personal to me.~

So, for me even changes were allowed. Why not you?

My name now, is not what it was. I even include Katerina, a chosen name also, for historical reasons.

I let though everyone call me what they wish.

Formally. At this moment, with only Mary Patricia Michele and Heimberg as given names, My name is Mary Patricia Michele Mary Josephine Luvvie Popp Savior Heimberg.

I talked about the Confirmation issue once with a priest, as a child, never did I want to be confirmed, but was too afraid of my mother to not go through with that, and yes lying to the Bishop from Saginaw Michigan, in about the year 1956.

He told me that in my case it made no difference, as The Holy Spirit is there to help us aid the faith, spread the faith and protect us from evil attacks, and maybe some physical one also.

In my case, I then was doing all those things, and for a reason that I still do not understand, he told me my horrible lie as a kid, is not an issue, for me.

Really I do not understand.

LOVE,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
We weren't told about having a confirmation Saint when I was in RCIA so none of us had one that we knew about.
That seems atrocious from a Catholic perspective. We don't do it as LCMS, but for a Catholic to not have one seems like a massive failure by your RCIA instructors.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,681,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We weren't told about having a confirmation Saint when I was in RCIA so none of us had one that we knew about.
Well it is weird everyone in my RCIA class has one except me. I think about it around this time every year.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,681,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That seems atrocious from a Catholic perspective. We don't do it as LCMS, but for a Catholic to not have one seems like a massive failure by your RCIA instructors.
Not all RCIA classes are the best. They really vary.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I went to a RCIA that was really cool as far as many converts, many sponsors, many eductors, many things being taught, too bad one of those things was New Age. Leave it to me... If I had time to even post all my crazy experiences, you would not believe it. But the RCIA director rounded us up in a circle, you know, like a satanic circle, putting cancel and a bible in the middle, well she had us read this made up Psalms talking God with breasts "lavishly feeding the hungry", so... I left that RCIA and that was 25 years ago and I often wonder what happened to the converts. So there is a reason why I do not take lightly things that I know aren't right. Anyway, I ended up at a different RCIA that was small and lack luster but got the job done.

Reactions: katerinah1947
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,681,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I went to a RCIA that was really cool as far as many converts, many sponsors, many eductors, many things being taught, too bad one of those things was New Age. Leave it to me... If I had time to even post all my crazy experiences, you would not believe it. But the RCIA director rounded us up in a circle, you know, like a satanic circle, putting cancel and a bible in the middle, well she had us read this made up Psalms talking God with breasts "lavishly feeding the hungry", so... I left that RCIA and that was 25 years ago and I often wonder what happened to the converts. So there is a reason why I do not take lightly things that I know aren't right. Anyway, I ended up at a different RCIA that was small and lack luster but got the job done.
:eek: I would had freaked out and left.

Reactions: katerinah1947
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The reason I am asking is when I entered the Church they never asked me about a saint and I have noticed that others have been asked. I get the feeling that since my name is Teresa Michelle that maybe it was assumed that I had chose a St. Teresa? My priest that welcomed me into the Church is no longer there so I always wonder about this when I see others come into the Church and are asked. I was never asked. Who is your confirmation saint? And do you have an active relationship with your saint?

Interesting thread topic. I've been wondering about this because apparently I choose one for Rite of Welcoming on Sunday? I've known for a while who I want to choose, I'm not sure if the idea was divine or anything but Saint Anselm popped into my head one day a few months ago. Turns out he and I are a lot alike, and his feast day is my birthday. :p

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,681,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting thread topic. I've been wondering about this because apparently I choose one for Rite of Welcoming on Sunday? I've known for a while who I want to choose, I'm not sure if the idea was divine or anything but Saint Anselm popped into my head one day a few months ago. Turns out he and I are a lot alike, and his feast day is my birthday. :p
I see it happen with converts when they are officially accepted into the Church. The rite of welcoming is when your eyes, mouth, ears are marked with the sign of the cross. A very touching rite imo.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I see it happen with converts when they are officially accepted into the Church. The rite of welcoming is when your eyes, mouth, ears are marked with the sign of the cross. A very touching rite imo.

Yeah we were told about that, our coordinator said she doesn't want us to worry about doing anything for that part - to just enjoy the moment and soak it in. I might turn into a big blubbering idiot at that point...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoingByzantine

Seeking the Narrow Road
Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

That is quite surprising, and not in a good way.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,681,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is definitely something you will always remember. there are some things us converts can treasure as compared to those born into the Church.

Yeah we were told about that, our coordinator said she doesn't want us to worry about doing anything for that part - to just enjoy the moment and soak it in. I might turn into a big blubbering idiot at that point...

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This "Rite of Welcoming", is it the equivalent of becoming a catechumen?

Yeah, I've been at the inquiry stage since October, and tomorrow marks my transition to Candidacy (I've been baptized already so I'm not called a catechumen).

It is definitely something you will always remember. there are some things us converts can treasure as compared to those born into the Church.

I've thought a lot about that lately, how profound my experience has been only this far. I'm a bit sad that, if I do get to have kids, theirs will be different from my own.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Yeah, I've been at the inquiry stage since October, and tomorrow marks my transition to Candidacy (I've been baptized already so I'm not called a catechumen).

I've thought a lot about that lately, how profound my experience has been only this far. I'm a bit sad that, if I do get to have kids, theirs will be different from my own.

Hi,

In it's ultimate, it is God that is the ultimate experience, that you are having.

Your children will have an experienced with God also.

Isn't it wonderful that they get to start earlier than you did, because of you and God, for them?

I wonder what God has in store for them?

Yes, it would be nice for your children to experience what you are also.

LOVE,

Upvote 0