✟23,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Matthew 3:5-6
Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

You know, nowadays it seems there's a lot of talk, but little confessing of sins. You can talk about Jesus all you want, but if there's no conviction of sin which leads to confession of sin, how do you expect to get forgiveness of sin?
"If we CONFESS OUR SINS, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.' (1 John 1:9)

Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance

Again, there's a lot of talk, but very little said about repentance. John blasted the Pharisees when they came, because they were not showing fruits meet for repentance. You come as you are, but you confess and repent. You don't come with the attitude you're going to be saved in your sin, keep your sin, keep on sinning, get the forgiveness, and offer your sins before the LORD. The sins need cut off, rooted out, chopped away. As John said here:

And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

And Jesus preached repentance from the start of His ministry too:

4:17
From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

5:27-30
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Here we go, what was said earlier: cut it out. And here's one of those hard sayings of Jesus that unbelievers like to pick on. Does he mean to actually take out your eye or cut off your hand? Of course not. This is symbolic, to cut off whatever is offending. Don't put something in front of your eyes if it's gonna cause you to sin. Don't go places, or do things that will cause your hands to sin. Don't listen to things that are sinful.

Job 31:1
I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?
Psalm 101:2-3,
I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.
Ecclesiastes 7:5,
It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.

Matt. 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

10:28
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

10:32-34
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Luke 6:26
"Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets."

Daniel 9:4-5
And I prayed unto the Lord my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;
We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments...