Concerning the Antichrist, the End Times, the Restrainer, and YOU. Wherein Fr. Z rants: Save The Liturgy – Save The World

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,678,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a good piece at The Catholic Thing My Kind of Antichrist - The Catholic Thing today about the concept … and eventually person … of the Antichrist.

I’ll point out a couple things that caught my eye.

First, something on a liturgical note. The writer, Francis X. Maier, get’s something that I’ve spoken of for decades about the liturgical year, but he does it with poetic grace. I’ve often mentioned in my writings on liturgical translation that “Ordinary Time” or “Ordered Time” (the green seasons) are when we put into practical application both the mysteries we celebrate in the great cycles and also renew practical advice from Holy Church about Christian life. The writer says:

These weeks between Baptism of the Lord and Ash Wednesday belong to Ordinary Time on the Church calendar. They’re a kind of Great Plains on the Christian wagon train to our real home. They’re where everyday life happens; where the choices are made and the directions are set for our final destination.

Another thing that caught my eye was this:

Continued below.