Communion Devotional Ideas

Gargantuas

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
✟15,619.00
Faith
Non-Denom
When I lead the prayer at the Lord's Supper, about once a month, I always try to write something creative or read a Bible passage to get the audience in the proper mood.

I would like to hear ideas from fellow Christians for the Lord's Table.

ie

matzo bread: 89 cents
grape juice: $1.22
A Righteous Man dying for me while I was yet a sinner: Priceless

EdmundBlackadderTheThird

Proud member of the Loud Few
Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
✟23,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My best ever communion devotional, and I mean one that led me to tears, was on Paul's words concerning professing to know nothing but Christ and Him crucified. It was spur of the moment and I had no time. I flipped open the Bible and almost started crying. It may have not been the best written or best spoken but I know it changed me personally.

Upvote 0

Gargantuas

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
✟15,619.00
Faith
Non-Denom
My wife first noticed me at church in June of 1996. I was leading the communion devotional.

The world is a vampire. We live in a fallen world. Our enemy is everywhere. This world is not my home. The blood of Jesus fills us everyday with love, grace, mercy, kindness and other wonderful attributes.

Let us remember His sacrifice as we take these emblems.

Upvote 0
P

Praying4Peace

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but as a congregation last week we read this simple Prayer of Thanksgiving following communion...

May we who have tasted your bread and feasted on your grace live as a thankful people - loving and serving the Creator and created, seeking peace and striving for justice, embracing and celebrating diversity, supporting and challenging one another, fulfilling our potential as the gift, the expression, the mystery of God. Amen.

Upvote 0