Thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
And give us this day our daily bread
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us
Lead us not into temptation
But Deliver us from evil
*For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever and ever

*this last line isnt in the bible verse but some churchs add it at the end

now i dont believe formal prayers are necessary and i dont believe in just going through the motions everything you do has to be for the lord it cant just be routine so becarful with fromal prayers, they arent a bad thing, it is just easyer to start just going through the motions

Upvote 0

Mskedi

Senior Veteran
Dec 13, 2005
✟21,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
After the Lord's prayer, St. Francic of Assisi's prayer is my favorite:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Upvote 0

Mskedi

Senior Veteran
Dec 13, 2005
✟21,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
This link has a few basic ones to get you started. Some of the other prayer sites have so many it's almost overwhelming:

http://www.prayerguide.org.uk/prayers.htm

And, of course, you can always pray off the cuff. I find formal prayers helpful when I know I need help with a particular thing -- like patience, or focusing on others instead of myself (the prayer of St. Francis is perfect for that one!).

Upvote 0

faithopelove

Veteran
Mar 21, 2006
✟21,321.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Eph. 1:15 For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16 I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. 17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18 I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength,

Eph. 3:16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Upvote 0

IKTCA

Senior Veteran
Oct 18, 2003
✟18,959.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
FaithHopeLove:
That is beautiful. There are so many beautiful prayers in Paul's letters. Indeed, reading Paul's letters is hearing Paul's prayers, verse by verse.

From Galatians 5:16-17
Live by the Spirit, I say,
and do not gratify the desires of the flesh.

For what the flesh desires is opposed to the spirit....
we know Paul prayed for the Galations in this manner:
Lord,
I ask you to remind my Galatian brothers to live by the Spirit,
and not gratify the desires of the flesh.

Lord,
Do not let my brothers forget
what the flesh desires is opposed to the Spirit.....
That's how our Apostle Paul prays for us now through the Spirit, though dead in body.

My friends, who desire to pray for the church and her saints,

Let us pray as Paul prayed.
Let us pray as FaithHopeLove prays.

Rupert

Upvote 0

meggo

Apr 14, 2006
✟15,198.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Thanks, all of these are great!! I do speak informaly with the Lord but i thought it might be nice to honor him by saying something more... in his words, i suppose. I have also heard the Lord's prayer but I need to memorize it (thanks to Christiankid!) I will definatly check out the website as well -thanks to Mskedi! Thank you again to IKTCA and faithopelove!

Upvote 0