Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

I've been thinking about this for awhile now...

We know that what enters the ear-gate can affect us greatly. I can't help but wonder how people are being affected by the constant onslaught on commercials for cancer hospitals and pharmaceuticals.
To me, it seems almost like the opposite of speaking faith.

I don't know....maybe I'm being silly but those commercials seem almost evil to me. Do they have this affect on anyone else? :eek:

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

I've been thinking about this for awhile now...

We know that what enters the ear-gate can affect us greatly. I can't help but wonder how people are being affected by the constant onslaught on commercials for cancer hospitals and pharmaceuticals.
To me, it seems almost like the opposite of speaking faith.

I don't know....maybe I'm being silly but those commercials seem almost evil to me. Do they have this affect on anyone else? :eek:

[/COLOR
]

They certainty,are motivated by money.

Pharmaceuticals push their snake oil on local doctors to prescribe.

We treat and control illnesses now instead of finding cures,they are finding never ending profit.

The side effects can be worse than the condition,even cause cancer and death.

To answer your question yes they are discounting God healing us and are sending happy messages about what you can live with

We know its Gods will to heal us,yet how he does it varies.

Be made whole am healed not treated and go from bad to worse.

I agree with you there seems to be a untrustworthy feeling I get when I see our medical care being sold like a pocket fisherman:confused:

But wait you also get,cancer ,death ,rage horrible blending hives,bad breath,baldness along with treating your indigestion.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
On the same subject

When did it become OK to talk about men getting something that last more than 4 hrs

These are on 24x7 and I think they are vulgar.

I hate to watch regular TV and do not often,yet even on history people in hot tubs and middle aged cowboys.

Upvote 0

Rachel Rachel

Messianic/Church of God 7th Day
Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
In the middle
✟328,556.78
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
They certainty,are motivated by money.

Pharmaceuticals push their snake oil on local doctors to prescribe.

We treat and control illnesses now instead of finding cures,they are finding never ending profit.

The side effects can be worse than the condition,even cause cancer and death.

To answer your question yes they are discounting God healing us and are sending happy messages about what you can live with

We know its Gods will to heal us,yet how he does it varies.

Be made whole am healed not treated and go from bad to worse.

I agree with you there seems to be a untrustworthy feeling I get when I see our medical care being sold like a pocket fisherman:confused:

But wait you also get,cancer ,death ,rage horrible blending hives,bad breath,baldness along with treating your indigestion.
I don't have cable or satellite - just "antenna TV" and mostly watch mostly Christian channels, PBS, etc. But even the oldies channels are bombarded with commercials for cancer hospitals and pharmaceuticals.
Yes, I know money is the bottom line but I can't help but think it's more than that.
If we can talk good things into our lives by speaking the word of God, maybe sickness can be spoken into our lives by listening to these commercials.

I mean, think about it...we know that evil spirits can enter our kids who listen to satanic music, so couldn't the same thing happen to unsuspecting people who are bombarded with with these commercials - people not under the shelter of the Most High?

Just my thoughts...

Upvote 0

Rachel Rachel

Messianic/Church of God 7th Day
Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
In the middle
✟328,556.78
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
On the same subject

When did it become OK to talk about men getting something that last more than 4 hrs

These are on 24x7 and I think they are vulgar.

I hate to watch regular TV and do not often,yet even on history people in hot tubs and middle aged cowboys.

Amen!! They certainly are vulgar. How embarrassing to be watching TV with a 13 year-old boy and have one of these Ads come on. (I've had it happen.) :o

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"those commercials seem almost evil to me. Do they have this affect on anyone else?"

Not really -

When one is SICK, the chances are that they DO NOT HAVE FAITH for their healing, and in THAT CASE, engaging the medical profession is the most intelligent decision that can be made.

Or, of course you can PRETEND to "have faith" that you don't really have, and move out in presumption. Folks tend to make things ever so much WORSE by doing that, and some DIE, or kill their kids.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
That's what the mute button is for. You don't have to listen to anything you don't want to.
Not a spiritual answer I know, but a practical one.

Have you ever tried to find the remote?

There is a black hole where socks and keys and remotes fall into^_^

Upvote 0

Coelo

Jun 8, 2013
✟663.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Have you ever tried to find the remote?
Then use the remote on your phone. Most people do not lose their phone because sooner or later it will ring. Actually most of what I want to watch someone will put on YouTube for me. I can watch it on the computer, phone or I have a smart connection so I can watch youtube on TV also. I am watching Nova programs right now.

Upvote 0