college dorm problems...guys may not want to read!!

katelyn

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2003
✟17,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ugh...this reminds me all too much of my roommate days, which I'd much rather forget. I thought having roomies would be fun, like missju's experience. But most of the time, it wasn't! It was one issue after another. I had a sign-happy roommate once...that was a bad situation since there were only three of us...lol...the other roomie and I thought it was a much nicer idea to just talk out our issues. But I agree that when it's a bigger group, it can be harder to talk about the issues on a personal level.

Then there was the toothbrush incident...lol...I really didn't know how to handle that one. One of my roommates made the grave mistake of buying a toothbrush exactly the same as mine (same color and everything) and mistakenly threw away my toothbrush instead of her old toothbrush...so it appeared everything was the same as before, only I would find "my" toothbrush wet when I hadn't brushed my teeth in several hours. Needless to say, that was a very gross and confusing time. :sick: Thus began my phase of buying strangely colored toothbrushes so there would be no mistaking that it was mine and not theirs!

We did get most of our issues resolved eventually, but still, I'm glad that those days are behind me! :D

Upvote 0

msjones21

Nov 26, 2003
Atlanta, GA
✟3,674.00
Faith
Pagan
I've never had to deal with roommates, although this one time at church someone kept peeing ont he toilet seat. I finally got fed up and anonymously put on sign on the inside of every bathroom stall door that read "If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and please wipe the seatie". LOL

Upvote 0
you guys think you have it bad? i live on a floor with ~60 girls....2 bathrooms. i'm near the big bathroom--2 toilets, 7 sinks, 2 urinals (unused...yes, it used to be a guys floor), 4 showers...the kicker is that there are no doors to the bathroom stalls, just curtains! kinda weird. and people are such slobs...no one puts the tp on the tp holder...throws trash all over the floor...yuck. and you don't know how many people i've seen walk outta there w/o washing their hands. a good many say they go back to their room and use antibacterial stuff, but still, they get germs all over the doorknobs...gross! so i try to use a paper towel to open the door, but sometimes my hands are full and this doesn't work... :(

Upvote 0

Shaye4Gsus

I love Caleb! :)
Dec 12, 2003
Oklahoma
✟7,807.00
Faith
Christian
Things like that Happen... At church camp one year, the 13 and 14 year olds didnt wrap up theirs, and flushed the things that werent supposed to be flushed, and caused a LOT of problems... but in college.... that is grose. tha is why I live in my own apartment :) cheaper, and I have my own bathroom! :)

Upvote 0