Fowler

Nov 20, 2008
✟15,547.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
hey everyone!

So, today I was taking shower and accidently switched water to cold, really really cold, it lasted for 10 seconds, but I cold feel mild disorientation, drowsiness, weakness, and confusion. Sounds weird, but I could hear how my heart's rate became to decrease... However, it was all gone after like 5 mins, and later on (coz of weakness) I took 1 hour nap... So, is it hypothermia? What are effects? I read some scientific articles, but they mostly discuss 30 mins+ hypothermia, which has unalterable effects... What about short 30 sec? Could any1 help?

Thanks all!

P.S. I am 21.

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Cold sensitivity can sometimes be a symptom of reduced basal metabolic rate (like in hypothyroidism), anemia, fibromyalgia, and other stuff. But I doubt you would have something underlying it like that unless you are experiencing a bunch of other symptoms too.

Upvote 0
M

MattRose

hey everyone!

So, today I was taking shower and accidently switched water to cold, really really cold, it lasted for 10 seconds, but I cold feel mild disorientation, drowsiness, weakness, and confusion. Sounds weird, but I could hear how my heart's rate became to decrease... However, it was all gone after like 5 mins, and later on (coz of weakness) I took 1 hour nap... So, is it hypothermia? What are effects? I read some scientific articles, but they mostly discuss 30 mins+ hypothermia, which has unalterable effects... What about short 30 sec? Could any1 help?

Thanks all!

P.S. I am 21.

What compelled you to stay in for 10 seconds? Most people would get out of the spray in the first few seconds. Even if you were in for 30 seconds your core temperature wouldn't be altered enough to suffer from hypothermia. LionHeartedMan, help me out here! I'm making this up as I go, but I'll bet I'm right.

Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
What compelled you to stay in for 10 seconds? Most people would get out of the spray in the first few seconds. Even if you were in for 30 seconds your core temperature wouldn't be altered enough to suffer from hypothermia. LionHeartedMan, help me out here! I'm making this up as I go, but I'll bet I'm right.

Sounds plausible :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
May 25, 2012
Visit site
✟7,693.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
cold showers are actually used for detox. it makes the pores clench tightly and toxins get excreted. i have taken contrast showers many times, going from hot to very cold and back and forth when i have headaches or just feeling not too great.
it is really interesting what happens with the body though. it is actually quite invigorating and get a strange "high" from it!
but for a very long time it has been used to promote health...do a web search on it.
it was probably good for you! :)
tash

Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
cold showers are actually used for detox. it makes the pores clench tightly and toxins get excreted. i have taken contrast showers many times, going from hot to very cold and back and forth when i have headaches or just feeling not too great.
it is really interesting what happens with the body though. it is actually quite invigorating and get a strange "high" from it!
but for a very long time it has been used to promote health...do a web search on it.
it was probably good for you! :)
tash

What are these "toxins" you speak of? Feel free to post the peer-reviewed papers that measure and characterize them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟213,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What are these "toxins" you speak of? Feel free to post the peer-reviewed papers that measure and characterize them.
No, it's true! That's why you should never let your cat lick you after you take a cold shower - all the toxins that ooze out of your clenched pores will poison your cat cause they're real sensitive to toxins.

images

Upvote 0