Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A request from someone. I don't do coffee much if you want a choice added let me know. I had my first iced coffee the other day it was delicious.
I wish i could Spit out one of those coffee lines they have like in you've got mail. Example: mocha cream lottay,
etc,etc:)
Have fun!

Ps i don't know how to spell lottay

Reactions: LesSme

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟63,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I discovered a flavored coffee called Highlander Grog, made by Cameron's Coffee. It's the best flavored coffee I've ever had. Alas, it's gone way up in price, so I'm on my last few pots-full from the last bag I bought. Which is okay because I'm slowly weaning myself off coffee. But I'll miss it for a while, it's that good.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I discovered a flavored coffee called Highlander Grog, made by Cameron's Coffee. It's the best flavored coffee I've ever had. Alas, it's gone way up in price, so I'm on my last few pots-full from the last bag I bought. Which is okay because I'm slowly weaning myself off coffee. But I'll miss it for a while, it's that good.
Have you checked on line? You're quiting? Is coffee a bad thinng?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟63,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Have you checked on line? You're quiting? Is coffee a bad thinng?

I've bought it on Amazon. The 32 ounce bag had been around $10. It's now just shy of $15.

Coffee is supposed to be good for you... depending on the day you read about it. ;) I like it. But I know I drink too much of it. I like certain herbal teas, which I do believe are good for me. I'm trying to drink more of that, along with more water. Coffee does tend to flow right through the kidneys, or at least it does mine!

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
A request from someone. I don't do coffee much if you want a choice added let me know. I had my first iced coffee the other day it was delicious.
I wish i could Spit out one of those coffee lines they have like in you've got mail. Example: mocha cream lottay,
etc,etc:)
Have fun!

Ps i don't know how to spell lottay

I need multiple options.

I use a dripolator or a French press to make coffee at home. I drink it black, short and super strong (dripolator) or black, long and strong or long and strong with a small amount of cold milk (French press).

When I buy a cup of coffee at a coffee shop, I usually have a flat white (strong black plus heated milk but no froth)

Did you know that Aus coffee shops have a rep for making the some of the best coffee in the world? We have a heritage of Greek and Italian migrant coffee houses. Starbucks tried to enter the Australian market a few years back and was shocked to find Aus was already full of high-quality coffee shops and that Starbucks coffee was rated as terrible. They forgot to do any research and just assumed that they would corner the market.

We're also not big on flavoured coffees apart from coffee flavour.

Iced coffee is also the best way to lose the coffee taste. Coffee was made to be drunk hot and strong.

OB

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My first choice would be a cappuccino but I don’t get out for coffee much. At home I have a nespresso machine and it’s pretty good. I always add half and half with my coffee.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I need multiple options.

I use a dripolator or a French press to make coffee at home. I drink it black, short and super strong (dripolator) or black, long and strong or long and strong with a small amount of cold milk (French press).

When I buy a cup of coffee at a coffee shop, I usually have a flat white (strong black plus heated milk but no froth)

Did you know that Aus coffee shops have a rep for making the some of the best coffee in the world? We have a heritage of Greek and Italian migrant coffee houses. Starbucks tried to enter the Australian market a few years back and was shocked to find Aus was already full of high-quality coffee shops and that Starbucks coffee was rated as terrible. They forgot to do any research and just assumed that they would corner the market.

Iced coffee is also the best way to lose the coffee taste. Coffee was made to be drunk hot and strong.

OB
That's what i mean by coffee jargon, what you said "usually have a flat white (strong black plus heated milk but no froth)" lol.
Who can drink hot coffee when it's 115 outside?

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I need multiple options.

OB
I have a French press but it leaves a lot of sediment. I have to find a larger grain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LesSme

Aug 19, 2022
SF Bay Area
✟29,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
That's what i mean by coffee jargon, what you said "usually have a flat white (strong black plus heated milk but no froth)" lol.
Who can drink hot coffee when it's 115 outside?
“White coffee” is more a British-/UK-ism. That’s how they refer to coffee with milk or cream in England, and apparently in Oz as well.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
“White coffee” is more a British-/UK-ism. That’s how they refer to coffee with milk or cream in England, and apparently in Oz as well.
You're more or less right.

In Oz 'white coffee' usually refers to instant coffee made with hot water and a dash of cold milk.

A 'flat white' is made on a barista machine using ground coffee. The milk is steamed to heat it up and then tapped to reduce the milk froth before adding it to a strong shot of brewed coffee. The same thing, with a full head of milk froth, is a 'Capuchino' (named for the colour of a Capuchin monk's cassock)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I have a French press but it leaves a lot of sediment. I have to find a larger grain.
Or a press with a better filter. Cheap presses tend to have lousy filters.

I use an Avanti stainless steel, double wall press. The double wall acts like a vacuum flask and keeps the coffee warm.

They aren't cheap, but considering they'll last a lifetime, they are good value. The Pyrex (glass) versions have poor filters and tend to break too easily.

OB
NB price below is in Aus dollars,

1691383788311.png

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Or a press with a better filter. Cheap presses tend to have lousy filters.

I use an Avanti stainless steel, double wall press. The double wall acts like a vacuum flask and keeps the coffee warm.

They aren't cheap, but considering they'll last a lifetime, they are good value. The Pyrex (glass) versions have poor filters and tend to break too easily.

OB
NB price below is in Aus dollars,

View attachment 334245
Nice, I'll look for one at the goodwill auction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
i don't drink coffee, but...

Hot Chocolate! :coffee:
I don't think i can add that as it's a coffee thread. Did you get my drift of my post to the young ladies thread? You two are close in age :)

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think i can add that as it's a coffee thread. Did you get my drift of my post to the young ladies thread? You two are close in age :)
very kind of you to think of others, not sure what post your referring to

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
oh i think i know, thanks for the thought it takes more than the internet to meet someone plus i am most likely going to stay single, i appreciate the thought but i have a lot to work on before pursuing a relationship

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You're more or less right.

In Oz 'white coffee' usually refers to instant coffee made with hot water and a dash of cold milk.

A 'flat white' is made on a barista machine using ground coffee. The milk is steamed to heat it up and then tapped to reduce the milk froth before adding it to a strong shot of brewed coffee. The same thing, with a full head of milk froth, is a 'Capuchino' (named for the colour of a Capuchin monk's cas

Last edited:
Upvote 0