✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Poll: 1 in 10 say they're Tea Party activists - CNN.com

Washington (CNN) -- Ten percent of Americans say they have actively supported the Tea Party movement, and those Tea Party activists are older, better educated and more religious than the general public, according to a new national poll.

So we're not ignorant people clinging to our guns and religion.
Ok, the last part is true, we do cling to our guns and religion.

When I read the story, I thought I was on Foxnews. Cnn mentions the tea party movement and did not attempt to link the movement to anti-social behavior.

ArnautDaniel

Veteran
Aug 28, 2006
The Village
✟22,153.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Activists as a group tend to be younger or older. That is to say, people have time to be activists before they have kids, or after the kids are grown up.

The general trend is that younger activists are to the left and older activists are to the right.

I think older people are more likely to be religious.

I'm not sure about the guns.

Basically nothing anyone couldn't have guessed with some general statistical data and an understanding of what the Tea Partiers are about.

Upvote 0

WadeWilson

Say hello to my widdle friend.
Feb 9, 2010
Sunshine State... Arghhhh! It burns us!
✟8,367.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That means someone in this topic will go mad.

Not it!
This is exactly what happened when my two roomates and I saw a commercial saying that one in three men get colon cancer.

We "not it"d to be cancer free. :p

Also, not it!

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It'll be interesting to see if they field some candidates, or if they simply roll back underneath the Republican party.
Preferably, the tea partier's demand Conservative candidates, and only bring in Independant's when the republicans fail to deliver a worthy candidate.

Third party weakens the side that divides.

Younger protestors tend to go left, older go right?

Younger-when the lessons taught them in school are still believed.
older: when life lessons have replaced the lessons of school.

Teachers; a person that was taught in school, went to college with the same philosophy being taught, and never have experienced life outside of
school. So they believe what was taught to them, and they teach it.
So while some say "liberal bias", I say just following those that went before them, and having nothing to alter their belief. So basically, they don't even realize they are passing it on, just teaching as they were taught.

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know... if they field Libertarian candidates that are social libertarians as well as economic libertarians, they could get votes from both the left and the right.

Preferably, the tea partier's demand Conservative candidates, and only bring in Independant's when the republicans fail to deliver a worthy candidate.

Third party weakens the side that divides.

Younger protestors tend to go left, older go right?

Younger-when the lessons taught them in school are still believed.
older: when life lessons have replaced the lessons of school.

Teachers; a person that was taught in school, went to college with the same philosophy being taught, and never have experienced life outside of
school. So they believe what was taught to them, and they teach it.
So while some say "liberal bias", I say just following those that went before them, and having nothing to alter their belief. So basically, they don't even realize they are passing it on, just teaching as they were taught.

Upvote 0