United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No I kinda liked it when I saw it.

Its just an easy way for internet browsers to let CF know they are interested in learning more and about the Christ.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
No I kinda liked it when I saw it.

Its just an easy way for internet browsers to let CF know they are interested in learning more and about the Christ.

I would not have found it so offensive if it said "click here to learn more about Jesus." Then it would just be a link. But you don't 'click' to make a commitment unless you are buying something on ebay.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Well if you have to look at it in absolute terms then why wouldn't a 'Christian' want to offer the opportunity via the internet to persons who are broken in spirit and/or feel isolated in one capacity or another to be lend in a relationship with the Lord?

That wouldn't be cheesy to that person in that state of being and that's the only opinion that really matters in this situation.

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I would not have found it so offensive if it said "click here to learn more about Jesus." Then it would just be a link. But you don't 'click' to make a commitment unless you are buying something on ebay.
I don't know, there are lots of things that go around email and FB that say 'If you have accepted Jesus, click like and share." And then there are the ones that try to guild you into doing it with "If you deny me before others, I will deny you before God". Gotta love them. *sigh*

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I don't know, there are lots of things that go around email and FB that say 'If you have accepted Jesus, click like and share." And then there are the ones that try to guild you into doing it with "If you deny me before others, I will deny you before God". Gotta love them. *sigh*

You know, Matthew 10:33 is one of those verses that make you wonder if Jesus knew he is also supposed to be the father.

Reactions: oi_antz
Upvote 0

gord44

Nov 4, 2004
✟27,716.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Those emails always annoyed me as well hehe. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WirSindBettler

Hoc Est Verum
Feb 7, 2015
USA
✟1,347.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You know, Matthew 10:33 is one of those verses that make you wonder if Jesus knew he is also supposed to be the father.

He must have missed the memo.

All joking aside, I was confused when I first saw the "click to accept Jesus" button. I wasn't sure if it was the log-in, or if it would redirect me to one of those pages that look like the bottom of Jack Chick tracts. You know, the:
chick_tract-lordship_salvation.gif

Plus, it's super Arminian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

I avoid both. For the same reason that I don't wear things like the following:

whassup.jpg

So much no. Just so much.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single

I suppose it is no worse than "Honk if you love Jesus" but that is pretty cheesy as well. I guess I feel religion ought to have some dignity to it. This treats it more like a fad.
There is a reason Christianity has rituals like baptism, IMO.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.