U.S. Midwest
✟15,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lately, I haven't been reading the Bible like I should be, and my prayer life has stutter-stopped. I need a holy fire in me again.
Anyone else feel that way?

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me."
[Psalm 51:20]

Thank you very much for your prayers.

yes, sister, i can surely relate to what you are saying. it is a daily walk that's for sure!

i heard a story on Christian radio one time about a man who had given his life to the Lord, but as years went by, he felt stagnant and that his Christian walk was no longer exciting. where was the Holy Spirit fire he once felt?! he joined a men's faith group and as part of that got involved in distributing Bibles in china. he tells of a miraculous story where he was smuggling Bibles into china and was at the airport with several Bibles sewn into the lining of his suitcase. as he waited his turn in line, he noted that they were diligently checking every suitcase. to be caught could mean death. he was terrified. if he got out of line and drew attention to himself, he would surely be searched. if he continued in line and waited his turn, he was sure to be searched. he prayed fervently, of course, and when it was his turn the guards simply overlooked him. like he wasn't even there. he walked through and they never said one word to him or asked to check his bag, but just immediately went to the next person in line. he believes the Lord had made him invisible. what else could it have been? :). anyway, i'm not suggesting you smuggle Bibles anywhere, but who knows what the Lord might ask of you if you step out. maybe you should get involved in something new... i don't know, but your post reminded me of the story above, and i will certainly pray with you about it. God bless you, sister. :prayer:

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
Jan 18, 2015
✟19,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow! How incredible.. I doubt I'll get out of the country anytime soon, or even the state I live in, but I'm sure God can use me where I am. It is hard not to become stagnant and complacent. Thank you all so much for your prayers. I want to keep pressing in to Christ for all He has for me and all of His purposes for me. Thanks again

Upvote 0

suzeequeue

redeemed by the blood of the Lamb
Oct 5, 2006
U.S. Midwest
✟15,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow! How incredible.. I doubt I'll get out of the country anytime soon, or even the state I live in, but I'm sure God can use me where I am. It is hard not to become stagnant and complacent. Thank you all so much for your prayers. I want to keep pressing in to Christ for all He has for me and all of His purposes for me. Thanks again

well, i'm not planning any trips myself, but you never know..lol :). the point is, as you said, to let Him use us for His glory and the kingdom wherever we are. continued prayers to the Lord on your behalf. may He continue to bless you, sister:prayer:

Upvote 0

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Site Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
prayer7_zpsc1ak3njx.jpg

Praying for You!

God bless you!

Upvote 0
Jan 18, 2015
✟19,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all so much again

I have been holding back some things from some people about things I did before I was saved, too afraid to come clean and own up to them, and I think I had been grieving the Holy Spirit without even realizing it.

So I was able to be honest with these people today, finally and a HUGE weight lifted off of me - I think that's what's been keeping me from being able to get into the Bible or prayer - so thank you all again for the prayers, I am so grateful that God gave me the courage to do this, and your prayers were so important in this process.

Praise God!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
yes, sister, i can surely relate to what you are saying. it is a daily walk that's for sure!

i heard a story on Christian radio one time about a man who had given his life to the Lord, but as years went by, he felt stagnant and that his Christian walk was no longer exciting. where was the Holy Spirit fire he once felt?! he joined a men's faith group and as part of that got involved in distributing Bibles in china. he tells of a miraculous story where he was smuggling Bibles into china and was at the airport with several Bibles sewn into the lining of his suitcase. as he waited his turn in line, he noted that they were diligently checking every suitcase. to be caught could mean death. he was terrified. if he got out of line and drew attention to himself, he would surely be searched. if he continued in line and waited his turn, he was sure to be searched. he prayed fervently, of course, and when it was his turn the guards simply overlooked him. like he wasn't even there. he walked through and they never said one word to him or asked to check his bag, but just immediately went to the next person in line. he believes the Lord had made him invisible. what else could it have been? :). anyway, i'm not suggesting you smuggle Bibles anywhere, but who knows what the Lord might ask of you if you step out. maybe you should get involved in something new... i don't know, but your post reminded me of the story above, and i will certainly pray with you about it. God bless you, sister. :prayer:

Precious testimony of our AWESOME God. Corrie Ten boom has a similar testimony. Thank you for sharing it, sister (((hug)))

Reactions: suzeequeue
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums