Dec 16, 2004
✟9,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do hope that this comes before the supreme court quickly. The average home owner now has to worry if they have have a home it could get put under the Eminent Domain umbrella and taken over by greedy City Council men and women. Its time we take back what is ours. Vote those Greedy people out of office. We need decent Americans who will protect the rights of the people not their own pocket book.

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if the story would be less "awful" if the church being condemned were a "progressive" church of the United Methodist Church, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, the Episcopal Church in the U.S.A., a Unitarian-Universalist church, etc.

Guess I must be acquiring a degree of cynicism when I see your OPs, george78.

Upvote 0

butterfoot

Formerly Known as cameronw
Dec 16, 2004
✟9,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think the Eminent Domain Issue would make it any less aweful no matter who it is that is getting the raw end of the deal.

It is bad that it is a church but even if it was a young couple that the house was just bought it would still be as bad. I even feel sorry for the Supreme Court Judge who is getting his own home Condemed by Eminent Domain. But I understand that one as its a political statement.

Upvote 0
C

Cerberus~

I even feel sorry for the Supreme Court Judge who is getting his own home Condemed by Eminent Domain. But I understand that one as its a political statement.

That fell though actually. Though I think every one of those peice of scum *******s that voted in favor of Kelo v. New London should loose their homes. They should experience the same grief that they've condemn so many others with in such an afront to the Constitution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums