Connecticut
✟15,604.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a christian who has struggled with quitting smoking for a very long time now. I manage to stop for a long time many times but I always relapse. I'm at my wits end over this. I've tried it all. Confessing my sins to other christians and seeking prayer. Praying myself. Patches. Cold turkey. Not hanging out with all my old friends. Bible scripture memorization. Praying and waiting for The Lord to deliver me of the temptation and desire. I just don't even know what to do anymore. If it weren't for The Lord Jesus Christ I wouldn't even want to quit. But this is His temple and He simply does not want His children smoking. What on earth can I do to never do this again? I need serious help......:cry:

disciple1938

Dec 26, 2012
usa
Visit site
✟7,897.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was exactly like you and had reached the point of giving up entirely. Then one day I just got completely honest with God because I got tired of lying to him and playing the game of quitting. I went before god and here is what I said. "Lord I am tired of taking your name in vain. I have tried to quit in the name of Jesus. I have promised you I would quit. I have thrown away cartons of cigarettes believing I was through smoking. I can't play this game with you anymore and I just want to be honest with you. I am confessing today that I cannot quit smoking. I don't even know for sure that you want me to. But I want you to know that I am going to keep smoking because I know I will anyway. If you don't want me to smoke then you will have to take it from me. I love you too much to lie to you." I lit up and smoked what turned out to be my last cigarette. That was thirty years ago. I don't know why or how He did it but I never smoked again. I quit cold turkey. I had a few cravings after that but not so much I couldn't manage and in a few weeks had completely lost the desire. I didn't quit. God delivered me from cigarettes. I can not take any credit at all. I don't know that this is what you should do or if it will even work for you. I am not offering it as a formula; juist giving my testimony of what He did for me. God bless you and I will pray for you about your effort to please god. NOTE: Smoking does not in any way affect His love for you. I just don't want you to think it might because it doesn't and His love for you is unconditional. Quitting won't make him loive you more but it will only serve to embellish your own self-esteem and feel better about yourself. but that is a lot. If he delivers you from smolking it may serve to increase your faith and love for Him. It did me. It just made him even more real to me.

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2013
Connecticut
✟15,604.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
disciple1938,
You have no idea how much your post ministered unto me! You are right, He can't love me more than He already does and has. He chose and elected me before the foundations of the earth were laid. His mercy and grace are sufficient, and not dependent on what I do or do not do, otherwise, it would cease to be mercy and grace. I still want to live obediently and victoriously. He came and lived the perfect life that He knew I never could so that I could be called a daughter of God. Jesus is worth the effort. But He's letting me know that apart from Him I can do nothing, and that on my best day, victorious as I might seem to be in my eyes, my efforts and works are still filthy rags apart from Him. Perhaps He is trying to tell me that unless it's on His terms in His time, it may not happen at all? I am grateful for your prayers as I need them immensely. I will also add your family and yourself to my prayer list. We all need prayer daily. I can't thank you enough for your testimony. You just can't put a dollar amount on it. It's priceless and more valuable than you can imagine. THANK YOU AGAIN!!! God bless you!

Upvote 0

disciple1938

Dec 26, 2012
usa
Visit site
✟7,897.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God bless you also. You cannot imagine how my life has changed since I learned what you are saying..that "apart from Him I can do nothing, and that on my best day, victorious as I might seem to be in my eyes, my efforts and works are still filthy rags apart from Him." I am like a baby, dependant on Him for every breath I take. Here is a poem He gave me; I hope you are as blessed by it as I was while writing it.

Bedtime Stories
By Londis Carpenter

In my childhood, every night, when it was time for bed,
After we prayed for God “my soul to keep,”
I still recall the stories that my Mother often read—
To comfort me and help me go to sleep.

The bedtime tales she read to me were like a healing balm
When the monsters filled my childish heart with fright.
Her gentle voice comforted me and always brought me calm;
Her soothing words protected through the night.

When darkness came to frighten me, Mother was always there;
Her presence helped relieve each childhood care.
Her stories taught me to be brave; how to face every fear;
To rise and meet the devil’s every dare.

I’m older and now Mother’s gone; I’m in my senior years.
I have a loving Father up above.
When darkness falls and brings to me a different set of fears,
He loves me with a mother’s kind of love.

He whispers bedtime stories in dreams that set things right
After I pray “I lay me down to sleep.”
Comforted by bedtime stories Father speaks to me each night
He lets me know my soul is His to keep.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

vocalyocal

Dec 23, 2012
✟833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you want to be truly free from the addiction of nicotine, I have a way that will cause the devil himself to set you free, and its one way to quit that I think your going to like

follow these steps without cheating and you will be free from cigarette adiction

step one: smoke as much as you want

step two:when smoking you must smoke alone

step three: pray while you smoke, smoking is now your prayer time, praying 20 times a day will infuriate the kindom of hell and within two weeks something very strange will occur, there will be no withdrawl symptoms, you will suddenly realize all desire for cigarettes and nicotine will be gone

this method works 100% of the time, everytime

and for a smoker its an easy one to try, but not breaking the rules is crucial, you must only smoke alone and pray while you smoke, pray for family, friends.....you will be amazed at how long cigarettes seem to last.....lol

Upvote 0

Debby 24

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2010
Great Britain
✟14,863.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Praying for release and freedom and for the Lord to work powerfully into your situation as only He knows how, I can see by testimonies that the Lord whispers to us and guides us in many ways.

I pray the Lord lights your path and lets you know his will in your life. I pray for strength, power beyond all human understanding that only the Lord can give to help you conquer only because of love for Him and he wants the best for us. Because as has already been said He loves us anyway.

Praying for you.:prayer:

prayer_20.gif

Upvote 0

Debby 24

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2010
Great Britain
✟14,863.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Thank you sister, that is very sweet of you, I would really appreciate your prayers too, I have actually put a prayer request on the main board to pray for my daughter and me, we really need each others prayers and support and sharing our love of the Lord.

LOVE AND HUGS XX

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

truthislight

Jan 6, 2013
USA MD
✟7,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a christian who has struggled with quitting smoking for a very long time now. I manage to stop for a long time many times but I always relapse. I'm at my wits end over this. I've tried it all. Confessing my sins to other christians and seeking prayer. Praying myself. Patches. Cold turkey. Not hanging out with all my old friends. Bible scripture memorization. Praying and waiting for The Lord to deliver me of the temptation and desire. I just don't even know what to do anymore. If it weren't for The Lord Jesus Christ I wouldn't even want to quit. But this is His temple and He simply does not want His children smoking. What on earth can I do to never do this again? I need serious help......:cry:

im sorry to hear that your haveing trouble with smoking. Sadly the it took me far too long to quit but nontheless i did. My best advice is to basicly agree with yourself that F that im not bout it and mean it as best as you can. Be ruthless like its someone trying to harm you. When someone near you is smoking, be weird or whatever and put your shirt over your face and tell yourself whtevr you need to hear. If your in the car roll down the window all the way and keep reminding yourself that its BS and you dont need it. Remeber, the craving natrually last under two minutes. dont keep thingking about it if you can..
I hope my post helped somewhat regardless, Stay blessed !

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.