Jul 14, 2014
Salt Spring Island
Visit site
✟15,114.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Here on Salt Spring Island BC Canada. Less that 1 % attend church. So after some time in pray my core group have moved ahead with a church plant ideal, We hope to start an Canadian Baptist Church here. But the old baptist church who we were members once until the deacons started to run things top down and kick out members and pervent others from joining, ended up with deacons and wifes only with a few others from a church hopped they came down from another church.
Some one who as not attended this church for 20 years as taken upon himself to see that we can not get backing by writing emails to the Canadian Baptist church plant leader. This has made things a bit harder as they are just waiting to see how things go before the work with us. But we got a pastor who come over and speak with the core group so we set a date for an pot luck picnic and used an ad that read Church planters wanted for an Canadian Baptist Church. That being the aim of the group. Now it appears the Canadian Baptist plant leader does not want us to use that name. But we are moving ahead with the picnic and placing ads for a new church plant. So any prays for this would be helpful and any input also, David Peirce

Jul 14, 2014
Salt Spring Island
Visit site
✟15,114.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
https://www.facebook.com/churchatganges

I been running ads like this on a local web site http://saltspringexchange.com/list/church-at-ganges-bible-read-in-park/
for the summer and now got some handouts and well as some bibles and kids books. To date there a group against the plant who been writing emails to the church plant office of the BC Canadian Baptist stopping any help from them. So its just two of us so far. Even got asked to leave the park with my pet bird by the dog catcher http://saltspringexchange.com/list/rules-foranimals-in-the-park-and-other-rules/. So things are still moving ahead looking for a core group to from a base.

David

Next Sunday Bible Read is at Centennial Park Aug 23 at 7 pm

Repentance

17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance

Mark 2:17 17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance

Luke 3:3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins; 4
Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Luke 24:47
47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Acts 5:31
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
II Timothy 2:25 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Psalms 51:1
Chapter 51

To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. 3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. 4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. 5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. 6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. 7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. 8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. 9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. 12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. 13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. 14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness. 15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise. 16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. 17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. 18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem. 19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

Isaiah 64:1
Chapter 64

1 Oh that thou wouldest rend the heavens, that thou wouldest come down, that the mountains might flow down at thy presence, 2 As when the melting fire burneth, the fire causeth the waters to boil, to make thy name known to thine adversaries, that the nations may tremble at thy presence! 3 When thou didst terrible things which we looked not for, thou camest down, the mountains flowed down at thy presence. 4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him. 5 Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways: behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved. 6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. 7 And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities. 8 But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand. 9 Be not wroth very sore, O LORD, neither remember iniquity for ever: behold, see, we beseech thee, we are all thy people. 10 Thy holy cities are a wilderness, Zion is a wilderness, Jerusalem a desolation. 11 Our holy and our beautiful house, where our fathers praised thee, is burned up with fire: and all our pleasant things are laid waste. 12 Wilt thou refra

Upvote 0

TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I checked your hometown on Wikipedia. I find it interesting that you are planting a Church in a rural community. I work with Church planting in small towns and villages in Europe. Most literature on church planting is aimed at planting in the cities, not much on small-town planting. If you know of any good books, please let me know!

About your situation: Can you not ask another denomination to support you? I guess there are many networks and denominations that are not represented in your area, but would love to support a new church plant. What other denominations have churches in your area?

Upvote 0
Jul 14, 2014
Salt Spring Island
Visit site
✟15,114.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Planting Growing Churches by Aubrey Malphurs as an in depth look at it. A strong base lay correctly to build on.

Baptist is my back ground. A Baptist church should be run from the bottom up based on that members have a say in most things and voting by how they feel what God wants.

The Pentecostal closed down and as not going to reopen for the next few years. Others allow gay membership and gay leaders.( fallen churches)

I myself would like to mix the Baptist with Pentecostal and have out reaching to lost sheep.

So I am prepairing the ground for the casting of seeds.

C:\Users\KINGOF~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\02\clip_image002.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums