Church of God members....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraJean

You took the fall and thought of me, above all!
Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AndyisaChristian said:
So is anyone else having Christmas day service? we are but not Sunday School or Night service just one service at 11am.

We're having a 10 AM service. I know a lot of churches are not having service that day but we just couldn't bring ourselves to close our doors on the day we celebrate Christ's birthday.

Upvote 0

CaptainMercy

In the valley He restores my soul!
Sep 30, 2005
✟29,563.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
AndyisaChristian said:
I am thinking about joining the Choir on Sunday, I can't really sing but I am doing it for the Lord and nobody else.
Just don't try to drown everybody else out or you might be embarrassed! We have some going into our choir that can't carry a tune in a five gallon bucket but no one says anything because they are worshipping! You praise God from your heart and He will provide for the rest!:amen: :clap: :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BarbaraJean

You took the fall and thought of me, above all!
Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do know that we haven't officially adopted any one minister. I know that we give money to 2 minister's widows.

Our State Office had done a good bit to inform the ministers of the state of the need, ministers' widows and also retired ministers.

I know of several churches in our state who support one or more.

Upvote 0

Glenda

More, Lord.. More of You..
Sep 22, 2005
United States
Visit site
✟76,316.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
AndyisaChristian said:
I am thinking about joining the Choir on Sunday, I can't really sing but I am doing it for the Lord and nobody else.

If the Lord is leading you to sing , go for it.. He is the only one we need worry about..
23_28_100.gif

I read somewhere that the angels fiddle with the notes and by the time they get to God they sound "heavenly"..
36_1_41.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Buckaroo

Aug 3, 2005
✟372.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a question for the COG folks? I have had much experiece with the COG and been to many churches and in my opinion the COG is the most emotional denomination out there to an extent. My favorite church was a COG and the pastor kept everything decent and in order and everything was just about right. I have been to other churches and there was so much emotionalism I wanted to leave and never go back. Could I sort of put out a poll and see what everyone thinks. In the churches you go to is the church to emotional, not very emotonal or just right Thanks. :)

Upvote 0

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Buckaroo said:
I have a question for the COG folks? I have had much experiece with the COG and been to many churches and in my opinion the COG is the most emotional denomination out there to an extent. My favorite church was a COG and the pastor kept everything decent and in order and everything was just about right. I have been to other churches and there was so much emotionalism I wanted to leave and never go back. Could I sort of put out a poll and see what everyone thinks. In the churches you go to is the church to emotional, not very emotonal or just right Thanks. :)

When I was attending a CoG, the service was usually pretty orderly. Not to say there weren't many hands raised and "Amens", but we sang our songs (usually for at least 20 minutes), then would come the message. At the end, there would be an altar call, and there was a lot of praying, and sometimes some slaying, and even a dance or two. But it didn't get out of hand, the church learned from the pastor, and everyone was satisfied.

Now, before every service, the prayer went up for God to lead us where He wanted us to go. We weren't quenching the Spirit. I honestly believe the Spirit was leading us in orderly worship, because we all had a much deeper relationship with God, and we weren't emotionally or spiritually spent when the service was over.

Upvote 0

CaptainMercy

In the valley He restores my soul!
Sep 30, 2005
✟29,563.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Buckaroo said:
Brother, true spiritual worship is bound to be emotional! If you take out the emotions then all you have is a dry form of worship! God is Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth! You worship has to come from the heart or it is not true worship! Emotions are expressions of the heart not of the flesh as some think! Jesus showed emotions where ever He went! He laughed, He cried, He got angry! To suppress emotions is to deny the person the only true means of expressing their love for God! When Paul was talking about keeping things decent and in order, he was dealling with a church that had many problems! Every one came with a message in toungues and interpretation! Everyone had a word of knowledge to share! Can you imagine a service where every one gets up and preaches! This is not emotionalism as some suppose, this is a power struggle! True worship must be emotional or it is no worship! :preach: :amen:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.