Church group rents out camp to mountain witches.

SisterGeoff

Nov 30, 2004
Visit site
✟8,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
From the article:

Babete Anderson, spokeswoman for the Custer National Forest, told The Gazette that the camp is on Forest Service land and operates under a special-use permit. Under the Forest Service permit, the camp can't discriminate against renters based on their religion, she said.

Why oh why do people seem to want it both ways so often? Want to keep the filthy atheist/pagan/star treck fan hords away from your camp? Buy your own land and don't rent it out.

Upvote 0

E-beth

Senior Contributor
Feb 6, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟20,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If they woulda just let them have their festival peacefully and quietly, it would have been over and done with little to no drama. Now, because someone is "protesting" the event is well-publicized and notoriety.

If you can't put a blank on your rental agreement that states the nature of your event and your group name, then you only have yourself to blame if you are unaware of who it is.

I can't help but wonder if the situation would be different if it were a Christian group who rented out a wiccan campsite for a revival.

Upvote 0

SisterGeoff

Nov 30, 2004
Visit site
✟8,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
E-beth said:
I can't help but wonder if the situation would be different if it were a Christian group who rented out a wiccan campsite for a revival.

I honestly think that the Wiccans would make less of a fuss. However if they were under a similar lease it would not matter how much of a fuss they made it's public land they have to let others use it.

Upvote 0