but them you planted;
you afflicted the peoples,
but them you set free;
for not by their own sword did they win the land,
nor did their own arm save them,
but your right hand and your arm,
and the light of your face,
for you delighted in them.”

Okay, so I had to look up parts of this in some commentaries to understand what this is saying here, and from what I gathered, this is about the Lord leading his children Israel to physically conquer a nation (the ungodly), and so he drove out the nations from their land, and then he planted his own people where the nations had been. And so God’s people did not do this in their own strength and wisdom, but under the guidance of God and in his power. And it was only by God’s purpose and grace that they were able to do what they did.

But I am not going to go into all that history, for the Lord has a message he wants me to share based off this passage of Scripture, which is relevant and applicable to our lives today, to those of us who are his true servants, particularly to (but not exclusively to) those who live here in America.

Now, I am going to share a little bit of my own history here as it relates to this Scripture passage, but which is also relevant to all of our lives, so I hope you will bear with me while I give this illustration. For I was brought up in the church denomination called “The Christian and Missionary Alliance.” And no, it is not a cult or some weird sect, but it is a mainstream Christian church denomination which was begun in the late 1800’s, but was never intended to be a church denomination, and it didn’t become one until 1971.

Its founder was a man by the name of A. B. Simpson, who was a pastor of a Presbyterian church in New York City. He was in his 30’s when he was their pastor, and when he was also ministering to the immigrants in his city. And many of these immigrants were coming to faith in Jesus Christ. And so he invited them to come to his church gathering. But the high society people in his church gathering did not want the immigrants in their gatherings, so he prayed about it, and he was led of the Lord to resign his position of pastor at that church.

On Monday, November 10th, 1879, A. B. Simpson wrote in his journal: "It is well that I should begin here. For tonight my pastorate was dissolved by the Presbytery. And I am Christ's free servant."

At the time that I read that I was training to become consecrated as an official worker under the C&MA. But the Alliance rejected me and who God called me to be, I eventually learned, and so I had to make a decision between being who they wanted me to be or to be who God wanted me to be. And so I resigned my position under the C&MA so that I could be “Christ’s Free Servant.” That was in 2004. But it wasn’t just them.

Then the Lord led me to leave the “institutional church” altogether, for so much of what are called “churches” today are really institutions of men (businesses) being marketed to the world as any other business, and so they are largely making compromises of truth and righteousness, and they are diluting and altering the character of God/Christ and his gospel so that they can attract the world to their gatherings, and so that they will not offend them with the truth. So, I became an outcast and unwanted in the I.C.

So then, in 2004, the Lord called me to go out to the people, like he did with A. B. Simpson, and he placed me on the internet, and he called me to write whatever he was teaching me from his Word each day. And now, through the ministry the Lord has given me, the message of the gospel is going out to people across the globe in many nations, and they are being taught the truths of the Scriptures, as best as I understand them, and about how we must die with Christ to sin and live to him and to his righteousness.

But those of us who have been called out of these institutions of man, to be used of God wherever he leads us as “Christ’s free servants,” are not doing this in our own strength and wisdom, but in the strength and wisdom of God, under his leading and direction. And because of our obedience, the gospel is going to people across the globe. And I believe many people are believing in Jesus and are growing in their walks of faith because of the obedience of those who have decided to follow the Lord and not man.

But let me make this clear. I have not left “the church.” The church is the universal body of Christ who have died with Christ to sin and who are living to him and to his righteousness. And on the internet I am now free to minister to the body of Christ as the Scriptures teach we must all do, and I am free to share the truth of the gospel, at least for now, where I was not in these institutional market-driven “churches” (businesses). And the body of Christ on the internet is ministering to me, as well. So, I am able here to be “Christ’s Free Servant,” where I was not in those institutions.

So, also let me encourage you to also be “Christ’s Free Servants” in doing what God has called you to do and to be. And if you can’t do that where you are presently planted, then ask the Lord to show you where he wants you, and then go there. For you need to be where you can be used of God for his purposes and glory, and not for the purposes of meeting marketing goals.

Caution: This link may contain ads

Full Release

An Original Work / April 15, 2012

Walking daily with my Savior
brings me joy.
Loving Father; precious Jesus;
He’s my Savior and my Lord.
Gently leads me; follow Him.
I’ve invited Him within.
Now abiding in His presence,
oh, what peace.
From my self-life