Christians in Gaza Fear for Their Lives as Muslims Burn Bibles and Destroy Crosses

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Debate for Beginners vol.1: instantly declare your opponent's idea an epic fail. Yeah, that'll convince me.

We don't live 2000 years ago. It's Palestinian territory. You'd probably be mad if muslims moved into your neighbourhood too.
The Christians have been living there all along. Do you displace them now simply because the Muslims are living up to exactly what I and others have been saying about how they act?

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The point is not everybody lives in America, land of the Free.

Thought I could educate people to encourage unity in Christianity. So that Christians can help persecuted Christians. My church was under threat. I still went to attend mass.

Have you ever experienced this before? How close to danger have you come when it regarding your faith?

You think you are scared just by news of persecuted Christians. What about the really persecuted Christians? You think we are enjoying ourselves in America? Looking down on the rest of the world.

Booing the rest of Christianity just because we are different from you.

I give myself one year, before I join RCIA. To see if it is worth it.

Am not worried. If I died now, I will go to heaven because I am strong in my faith with Jesus. I do not need a church.

A church is just a place for me to go to worship. Probably, get blown up in.

Well, this is my point. If you are so easily scared of pictures, news etc... please stop using the Internet and go hide under the bed.

And, I though Catholics are nice Christians. 99% are. You ain't. Shame on you.

At 1st i thot you were confused over what Secundulus said.
Now i understand.

We do worry about you, and it may not even be all that long before the sting falls in America given our borders aren't secured - Bams wanting to give everyone a swift 'your legal' status just for getting in.
And other major problems with him. BUT i don't wish to digress.

But i really hate to hear about these sorts doing these things. They are cowards who go after an easy target - always have and always will.
If someone won't be putting up much of a fight - that's who they attack.

COWARDS.

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
We don't live 2000 years ago. It's Palestinian territory. You'd probably be mad if muslims moved into your neighbourhood too.

I am not trying to debate, just understand your position.

Could you please tell me about the country of Palestine? What language did they speak? Can you name a ruler, prime minister, elected official? What currency did they use? When did they occupy the territory as a soverign nation?

Reactions: Romans 13:3
Upvote 0
Really? I thought it was proof that Christians (and Jews) should not be living in Gaza.

And xTx - you might wanna listen to Charlie instead of being insulted by him. He has a point. For every story of downtrodden Christians I could get you ten on downtrodden Palestinians.

I thought it was the hyperbole of the term 'Religion of Peace.' From an historical point, it would seem that by using the I was here first so it is mine argument, Jewish folks would have the first bid, unless there are any data supporting Zoroastrian claims to the area, as I believe the pagan tribal religions have died out.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Maybe if we call an interfaith service and bless some more qurans they will stop.

Those intolerant Christians should also destroy all the crucifixes in their Churches so that the Holy Muslims are not offended.

The Holy Muslims are right to attack because of the intolerance shown by those evil Christians who refuse to simply recide the few words in the Shahada.

Bla Bla Bla.

I am not sure what you are talking about.
Secundulus was attempting a satirical post against leftist methods of dealing with these things. The problem is that satire is not really possible with the left anymore. What was one universally understood to be an exaggeration of a position into absurdity now has most people on the left nodding their heads in agreement.

Secundulus thought he was going overboard in his examples, but even he didn't see an ethnic cleansing of Christians and Jews from the region as being the moral point of view for some on the left here.

Satiire is only possible in societies where common sense is the norm.

Upvote 0

semper_virens

somewhere you've never heard of
Aug 26, 2010
✟15,793.00
Faith
Christian
Really? I thought it was proof that Christians (and Jews) should not be living in Gaza.

Why not? Christians and Jews have been there continuously since before the Arabs invaded. They are not, in spite of the liberal rewriting of history, all invaders who have no right to be there. They are NATIVE to that land.

Upvote 0

semper_virens

somewhere you've never heard of
Aug 26, 2010
✟15,793.00
Faith
Christian
Debate for Beginners vol.1: instantly declare your opponent's idea an epic fail. Yeah, that'll convince me.

Ridiculous, it is the other way around and I don't believe for a second you don't know it. Arab Muslims moved into their neighborhood and have been slowly eradicating them since.

Upvote 0

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I lament the fall of the Crusader States.

I agree.. What most people don't realize is that the Crusades were a good thing because they protected europe from a mass invasion against the moors and other muslims. Without the Crusades europe and thus the history of places like the US might be very much different..

What I find interesting though is that the Zionists, who have immense power in and near gaza will not give a helping hand to them in this persecution, which could be very well easily done by their military power. It seems they just sit back and watch..

Reactions: City Smurf
Upvote 0
May 4, 2010
✟7,859.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The persecution of Christians in the Middle East can never be underestimated and it's continued occurrence is a reminder of the price several people have to pay simply for their faith in Christ. The persistent persecution of the Assyrian and Coptic churches are examples of this persecution that cannot be ignored.

May Christ protect them from their enemies and may the Holy Spirit guide them to safety, safety in the loving arms of Our Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
What I find interesting though is that the Zionists, who have immense power in and near gaza will not give a helping hand to them in this persecution, which could be very well easily done by their military power. It seems they just sit back and watch..

Well, if it's anything like the typical Hamas strategy, it's a series of small attacks that are hard to predict or stop. Bringing in military force doesn't stop lone attackers from hitting a church, building, synagogue, cafe, whatever.

I really wish for a peaceful solution to that area of the world. There is absolutely no reason for this violence.

I am sorry there are Christians suffering in Israel, or anywhere for that matter.

Upvote 0

City Smurf

Jul 8, 2010
✟8,343.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I agree.. What most people don't realize is that the Crusades were a good thing because they protected europe from a mass invasion against the moors and other muslims. Without the Crusades europe and thus the history of places like the US might be very much different..

Technically it was the Turks, not the Moors. The Moors were trying to come in through the Spains :p!

But yes the Crusades were a very good thing. A lot of people like to ignore that the Crusades were a reaction against the expansionist Turkish tribes who were harassing the Byzantine Empire. The Latin West answered the call of our schismatic brothers in the east to defend against the Turk and the Mohammedan.

Of course there was sadness in the Crusades. The breaking down of communications between the Byzantine Emperors and the Crusaders for example and some down-right aggressive moves by those Byzantine Emperors. That does not excuse some of the horrible conduct of the Crusaders in Constantinople though. The pillaging of sacred spaces was deplorable. It sadly reminds me of the treatment Latins suffered when being expelled from Byzantium (The Most Holy Eucharist was taken from Latin Churches in Constantinople and trampled upon!).

But even when the Turk got all the way to Vienna, Catholic men united, from German to Pole, to drive the Turk back. Under the patronage of Our Blessed Lady, remember Vienna!

I don't understand why people wont realise that Jewish-Zionists are out solely for their own interests. Their ideology is very much reminiscent of the 1930s.

Upvote 0

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

sadly your post is a great fail based on its incorrect information. Seriously..

I'll make it easy. What year did Christianity emerge, and where was it(palestine)? What year did Islam emerge and where at(Mecca)?? .. now take a look at the distance between Palestine and mecca..Now subtract how long christians were living in palestine from the year Islam began in Mecca(let alone when they actually got to Palestine, which is even hundreds of more years later)

*claps*

Well, if it's anything like the typical Hamas strategy, it's a series of small attacks that are hard to predict or stop. Bringing in military force doesn't stop lone attackers from hitting a church, building, synagogue, cafe, whatever.

I really wish for a peaceful solution to that area of the world. There is absolutely no reason for this violence.

I am sorry there are Christians suffering in Israel, or anywhere for that matter.

Do you realize how much military power is in Gaza? it is littered with soldiers and night/day guards. They are all over the place.

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
Do you realize how much military power is in Gaza? it is littered with soldiers and night/day guards. They are all over the place.

Yes, and I also know that even with all that, it is hard to stop lone attackers with hit-and-run tactics. There are guards and all in many places around the world, but there are always cracks and ways to get around those guards. Maybe you are correct and more could be done with force. I'm just not convinced it would stop everything.

There are reasons both Christians and Jews pray for the day when "nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore". Let us hope that day comes soon!

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
After defeating their rivals in Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah movement, Muslim extremists are focusing their attacks on Christians in Gaza City. Christians in Gaza City have issued an appeal to the
international community and a plea for protection against the increased attacks by Muslim extremists.

Father Manuel Musallem, head of Gaza's Latin church, told the AP that Muslims have ransacked, burned and looted a school and convent that are part of the Gaza Strip's small Romany Catholic community. He told the AP that crosses were broken, damage was done to a statue of Jesus, and at the Rosary Sister School and nearby convent, prayer books were burned.
It's the current liberal policy of the US government to only provide help to Muslims and not to Christians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟442,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
sadly your post is a great fail based on its incorrect information. Seriously..

I'll make it easy. What year did Christianity emerge, and where was it(palestine)? What year did Islam emerge and where at(Mecca)?? .. now take a look at the distance between Palestine and mecca..Now subtract how long christians were living in palestine from the year Islam began in Mecca(let alone when they actually got to Palestine, which is even hundreds of more years later)

*claps*

600 years before Islam emerged....
O and adding it was approximately 200 years later that the Islamics started crusading against the Christians to take over their Churches and pillaging them and killing them.

Not to forget the pillaging and killing Muhammad did himself when he lived... but the real take over was actually in effect 200 years after Muhammad's death.

Therefore; approximately 800 years before Muslims laid claim [through blood shed] to any area outside Mecca.

Reactions: City Smurf
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟442,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Mad or dead?
If it would transpire as it did originally - the latter. Dead most likely.

Upvote 0