Christians and Muslims

norak

Jun 29, 2007
✟15,271.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am very envious of the Muslims. I've seen many Muslims and many of them are very devout. They pray often, they read the Koran often, etc. Most Christians I know don't even know the names of the Four Gospels. Sometimes I wonder if the atheists have too much influence on Christians.

Upvote 0

norbie

Veteran
Jan 23, 2007
✟9,654.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So you take only certain laws from the OT to add to your life and neglect those you dont want to apply?
While the Ten Commandments are a solid set of rules I can happily, as a Christian work on Sundays, because of the New Covenant Christ talked about.
New Covenant of Christ.
The Pharisees justified Christs death because he taught love not rules, subverting the Pharisees control over the people.

From Mathew
36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[b] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[c] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

If you need the 10 Commandments to help lead your life that is not for me to argue. I dont, I have Christ, and my heart is dedicated to him as my savior. I am Baptised. I need nothing else.

But there is much more written in the Bible as the two greatest commandments, try to read right through.
You fall flat with the very first part, Math. 37, because Jesus said, 'IF YOU LOVE ME - YOU KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS'
And in 40 Jesus did tell us that ALL THE LAW hang on this two commandments. So go and study the law, the Christian O.T. not the jewish part.
And how could someone live a Christlike Life, if he/she don't know the rules??

Upvote 0

Monarchist

Aug 13, 2007
South
✟8,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So go and study the law, the Christian O.T. not the jewish part.
And how could someone live a Christlike Life, if he/she don't know the rules??

The Christian Old Testament?
The Christian rules? What are they according to you?
Just dont understand your position.

Upvote 0

norbie

Veteran
Jan 23, 2007
✟9,654.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Circumcision's? Blood atonement? Tooth for a Tooth? No Pork? No Shellfish, Buggah? Guilt/Sin/Fellowship offerings? Blah Blah Blah.

Well, you wrote this in one of your thread post. Is this what YOU understand of the OT?
Why did Jesus have a dispute all the time with the Pharisaers which ended on the Cross?
Because he told them of wrong doing, of writing more into God's law. Your statement above - Jesus did not aproof of it at all.
From a few simple rules or commandement of God, the jews made 100erts of it, which Jesus condemned.
We must understand the very basic of Christianity: first there was God's law = OT
then come Jesus with his teaching and explaining God's law = NT
And now we live in the time of the Holy Spirit. This Holy Trinity is the very basic of our believe, we must accept it we must believe in it.
So if we have a little sparetime, let us read the OT to understand then the NT.
As our dear Christian Soldier said rightly, without the OT the NT is no use.
But this is a very interesting subject to discuss and maybe some more people will tell us what they think about.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0