Rubenadriaan

Aug 9, 2012
✟15,121.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
This is about Christianity in the beginning. from an extract:

Intellectuals positioned Christianity between Hebrew and Hellenistic traditions. By doing this they gave offense to Jews. They were of the opinion that the Christians just 'stole' their history.

I know that they saw themselves as separated groups, but what's with the history?

Thanks a real lot, with love

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Rubenadriaan said:

Intellectuals positioned Christianity between Hebrew and Hellenistic traditions. By doing this they gave offense to Jews. They were of the opinion that the Christians just 'stole' their history.

I know that they saw themselves as separated groups, but what's with the history?

Eh?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Haven't read what you refer to but the Jews do believe that Christianity stole their history and published it as the 'Old Testament'. The problem is that the Jews believe that the other tribes of Israel were forever lost and that they are the sole hiers of prophetic fortune, and the sole authority on all things 'God'.

Jewish scholars and leaders are quite content with the general belief that the Israel of history was made up of 'Jews' only. Many Christians believe this falsehood in that whenever the term 'Ancient Israel' appears they immediately think 'Jews'.

Of course it was Jesus that was the real troublemaker for the Jews, starting a religion that has transcended even the wildest zealot's dream of a restoration of 'Israel', identifying himself as the true 'shadow of things to come' spoken of by all the prophets of Israel throughout their history.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

I guess I'm not the only one sort of confused by what you're asking.

Is there any way you could elaborate more?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Because in the first century Christianity was an expression or extention of Judism For the church was built on Jewish conversions, and when a conversion was made they did not retain their tribal titles they were simply known as Christian. Plus after the fall of the temple Christian/Jews were they only organized expression of Judaism for some time.

Upvote 0