Christian Wiccans

sniperelite7

Jun 13, 2005
✟15,740.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I feel I have a very precarious situation that I am in. One of the closest people in my life would fall under the term Christian Wiccan. She believes that Jesus is God, and believes in no other gods. She believes that the Bible is His word, perfect in its messages and commands. Yet at the same time she uses "spells".

This prompted me to search the bible, to understand. In effect the spells, magic, in general "witchcraft". Translated back to the old language would be one who mixes poisons or similar to kill. Magic is considered evil because it manipulates a person. The "spells" she practices do no such thing. Actually they would fall more under the term of a "prayer". Generally calling upon all the "good" in the universe.

With that said, I cannot find anything wrong with her faith or practices. She has/will continue to compare what she comes across with the bible to justify it or avoid it.

However, I fear that I may have missed something, someone may have a second opinion. And I would like to hear it. What I have told her maybe wrong. She has stated that her faith is more important than wicca. Please, can atleast one of my brothers and sisters here. I pray one with at the very least, and indepth view. Speak to me on this:prayer:

A

AmazingGod

Another cafeteria Christian - accept that parts that suit and reject the parts that don't. Or change scripture context to justify your own acts. Anyone who uses the Bible as a yardstick wouldn't go anywhere near Wicca.

I would agree that Wicca is poorly understood ... it's not the black magic it's made out to be. But why not invoke the Holy Spirit instead of mother nature or some 'white light'?

Wicca also states, 'if it harms none, do what you will'. Christianity calls for self-denial and control, not 'doing as you will' as long as it doesn't harm anyone else.

Pray your friend sees the truth and dies to self and accepts God's way is the only way.

Upvote 0

Forealzchola

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
California
✟23,254.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
What your friend is dong is not biblical and as God says in His word..choose this day whom you will serve..you can't serve two gods!..you cant have one two in warm water and ther other in cold. Your friends is breaking her covenant that she has with God, if she really ever had one by practicing magic. Black magic, white magic, earth magic, whatever you want to call it all has one source SATAN. He is the author of this and the author of confusion that your friend is serving thinking that she can serve Christ and still dabble in what shes dabbling in.

Just like many things..satan will also deceive people into thinking that the wrong that they are doing can be justified and that is not so. She calling upon good>? The only thing she needs to be calling on is the name of the Lord. Your friend is being deceived and is really entertaining a demonic doctrine that is leading her astray little by little.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Christian Wicca, is another “oxymoron” that have been creeping into the Body of Christ. It’s a combination of Christianity and Wiccan, and/or Pagan, and/or other occult beliefs. It may also include Jewish, Islamic, and other beliefs, such as Mormonism.

Common elements transplanted from Wicca include reincarnation, and fertility; however, the key points of the divinity of Jehova, our Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are retained from Christianity.

The combination of two religions, do not work, and are at odds with each other, and those members of Christianity and Wicca are not agreeable such practices.

Many “Christian Wiccans” consider that prayer and witchcraft are the same, because they believe that prayer is a form of sympathetic magic. Christian prayer covers much more specifics than just sympathetic magic.

Like all “oxymorons” they try to denegrate the real message and truth of our Lord Jesus Christ, His Word, and spiritual warfare prayer, and thanksgiving prayer. Those deceived and seduced Christians try to make it work, but disobey HIS WORD. They compare Christian prayer and according to Wiccan belief and tradition of magick, defining their form of prayer as “passive magic” and spells as “active magic”.

Now as I’ve always stated that if we have a “lemon tree”, and we call it an “orange tree”, the tree will still bear “lemons”.

Now this also goes for those who produe other “oxymorons”, such as “Christian martial arts”, and “Christian mysticism”, and “Christian Yoga”.

Therefore, if you call Wicca, Christianity, it will make no difference, because when it all boils down what you believe, and if you don’t believe HIS WORD, then you are an “unbeliever”. You can’t have your left foot in Christianity and your right foot in Wicca, because that mentality defies His Commandments of the Old Testament and the New Testament. There is no DUALITY in the His Kingdom, but a TRINITY.

This is what a practicing Wiccan said:

Wicca is a religion on its own. Being a "Christian Wiccan" is like saying you are a "Lutheran Jew" or a "Muslim Shintoist." If you wish to call yourself a Christian Witch, that is completely and totally different in that calling oneself a Witch, which is a description of what one does with regard to achieving certain goals, rather than being a member of a specific religion with specific beliefs and thoughts. One need not be Wiccan in order to practice Witchcraft, and call oneself a Witch. Yes, it may be “all about labels”, but those labels are of great importance.

Many people believe that Wicca is “anything they decide that it is”. While that idea seems to be gaining popularity, it is decidedly inaccurate. It is ludicrous to expect to form your own religion based upon your interpretation of Christian Spirituality, and slap the label “Wicca” or even “Christianity” on it, and then expect universal acceptance. This is not meant as “Anti-Christian” in the least. Those who decide to follow a Christian path have my blessing (although I'm certain they don't need it, and many don't desire it). However, belief that Mary Magdalene was the wife of Jesus, or that the Holy Spirit was female does not make a religion based on 2000+ years of doctrine, teachings and writings, suddenly transform into Wicca.

I am not "Christian bashing" or bashing any other choice of religion here. I encourage people to thoroughly examine their religious belief system as carefully as they can, and believe in whatever will help them become a better person and achieve their own True Will. If that religious choice is Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Shintoism or a combination of them, or whatever else, may they be blessed upon their path(s). However, putting together one's own series of beliefs from various existing and established religions, then slapping the label or labels of those religions upon it is not “eclectic”, it is disingenuous. Come up with another label. If I sound annoyed, I am. I do not believe in the right to redefine the established religion of another, changing its doctrine at will.

If it's not about duality of Deity, and it's about salvation through a Christ, it's NOT Wicca. Calling it such, to me, is ignorance of both paths, and a credit to neither.

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your friend is deceiving herself actually and not doing herself any good. She's lured into this life of power and has lost track of what God truly says concerning such things. She says her faith is more important than Wicca, but yet she won't give up the Wicca because God detests witchcraft and any type of sorcery? It sounds as if she's not convinced yet.

Upvote 0

Forealzchola

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
California
✟23,254.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
She is not praying to God..she calling forth another spirit..a demonic spirit..dont get twisted....stop making it difficult..she is praying to a demon..she is casting spell she is practicing witchcraft..she is breaking God's laws..its not matter of heart..its whats right and wrong..simple black and white..God is not a God of confusion!

Upvote 0

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
Being propped up by His hands
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I feel I have a very precarious situation that I am in. One of the closest people in my life would fall under the term Christian Wiccan. She believes that Jesus is God, and believes in no other gods. She believes that the Bible is His word, perfect in its messages and commands. Yet at the same time she uses "spells".

There is no such thing as a Christian "wiccan". Wiccans are witches. They believe they are white witches, but witches nonetheless. If you are as close to her as you say you are, and you have a non wavering steadfast belief in God, and the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, then do you not think it would be that her blood would be upon your hands when you stand before God, and He asks why you did not help her see the truth?
Even the demons believe in Jesus Christ, and tremble at the sound of His name.
Spells are just that. Spells. They are witchcraft.
By your own words below.

This prompted me to search the bible, to understand. In effect the spells, magic, in general "witchcraft". Translated back to the old language would be one who mixes poisons or similar to kill. Magic is considered evil because it manipulates a person. The "spells" she practices do no such thing. Actually they would fall more under the term of a "prayer". Generally calling upon all the "good" in the universe.
God is omniscient, and all powerful. To put Him in the category and same rank as something He created is blasphemy to Him. I'm sure they are prayers by her, but prayers to some other entity than God. Basically she is believing that something or someone other than God could meet her needs, or she would not be praying to "them". Blasphemy again. And I feel sorry for her soul.

With that said, I cannot find anything wrong with her faith or practices. She has/will continue to compare what she comes across with the bible to justify it or avoid it.
If you find nothing wrong with her faith or practices, then you need to have a serious heart examination by God. There is nothing really to compare this to in the Bible and have it stand as "OK"

However, I fear that I may have missed something, someone may have a second opinion. And I would like to hear it. What I have told her maybe wrong. She has stated that her faith is more important than wicca. Please, can atleast one of my brothers and sisters here. I pray one with at the very least, and indepth view. Speak to me on this:prayer:
I speak to you honestly, and from the heart of God here. If you are truly interested in the genuine welfare of your friend, and the condition of her soul and where she will spend eternity, then you must buck up and tell her she is being deceived by the great deceiver, the father of lies, and accuser of the brethren.
Jere

Reactions: LilLamb219
Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON!!!

Hello People, I would like to take the time to remind you of the FSGs which can be found here.

Christian advice is not a debate forum, and all replies should be directed at the orginal post. Further such derailments will be removed.

For your viewing pleasure the OP

MOD HAT OFF!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private

http://www.religioustolerance.org/witchcr5.htm
This article is about christian wicca

http://www.exwitch.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=57&Itemid=36
This article gives you hints on how to effectively witness to witches. The most important thing is to be praying for your friend, loving her, offer your opinion if she askes for it, refrain from giving it if she doesnt ask for it. It sounds hard, however sometimes the most effective witness you can make to your friend is to showing her how your walk lines up with your talk

Brookes Alexander, of the Spiritual counterfits project writes a really good overview of witchcraft from a christian perspective

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prayergal

Instrument of Peace
Sep 29, 2007
Central Valley in California
✟8,977.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is a very difficult situation that you are in. You are young and this person obviously means a lot to you. Your best bet is to pray for her. All he other people on here have already given you the word and told you the truth about Wicca. But you friend is a person whom you obviously care about. You have to be careful because you don't want to compromise your beliefs. But you also want to treat her with respect and love and tell her the truth in love. I would ask the Holy Spirit to draw her closer and and help her understand the truth. Colossians 1:9-12 is a good Scripture to pray over her. This Scripture talks about having spiritual understanding. Ephesians 3: somewhere around 19-22 speaks being filled with the fullness of God and understanding the depth, length, height and width of the love of Christ. This is a wonderful thing to pray over her. Praying Scripture is easy to do. All you have to do is look up the Scripture, and then where there is a third person pronoun you put that person's name. Basically, what you are doing is asking God to help that person develop those things in her life.

This way she will develop a better understanding of what the Word of God teaches and you may not need to tell her anything because God will do it for you. You can also suggest that she do a Bible study with you with another adult--I am assuming your friend is young like you. This way you can both be taught together. The teacher can help her understand the truths of the Word of God. Those are just some ideas that might help you in reaching out to your friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums