✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hydra009 said:
"Ever since Benjamin Netanyahu - Israel's prime minister from 1996 to 1999 - cultivated ties with US Evangelicals and other Christians during his tenure, Israeli governments have sought to strengthen relations with the sector of the Christian world which, for religious reasons, tends to take a pro-Israeli view of the Arab-Jewish conflict."

And that's my problem. I respect Jews enough to tell them that I will never stop evangelizing both Jew and Gentile, because of my belief in Christian orthodoxy, which states that there is no Savior but God through Christ. The evangelicals who have befriended Netanyahu are either lying about their motives (in which case they are false brothers), or they believe that Jews can be saved apart from Christ (in which case they are heretics).

This is all very disturbing to me. I myself am an evangelical, yet I realize that evangelicals do not hold as much in common as the general public would think. Few evangelicals would lie about their intentions regarding evangelism. So most of those who have befriended the Israeli government fall into the category of heretics. I wonder how they get around the Biblical doctrine that there is no Savior apart from the triune God.

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do like the fact that there will be a Christian center (theme parks in my eyes are Six Flags, WDW, etc.), but do they have to put it so close to historical landmarks? I am so tired of the constant developments of places. Can we not respect the history of certain lands?

Now, this sounds like an interesting Christian theme park: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/articl...1544218,00.html

^_^

Diane
:)

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
✟13,683.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"New Orleans asked for this tragedy [Hurricane Katrina] by advertising itself as a destination for jazz music. As every Christian knows, jazz music is sinful and lures people into eternal damnation."
:O:O:O:O:O:O

HE SAID THAT!!!!

*Slaps Pat Robinson 50,000 times*

That man just doesn't know to keep his big fat mouth shut...

Nothing wrong with Jazz music.

There's something wrong with PR's brain though...

Upvote 0

rowena

Dance Dance French Revolution
Feb 22, 2005
Hazelwood, Mo
Visit site
✟16,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have a huge problem with this idea. The only good thing to come out of it is that they are going to have to stop evangalizing to the Jewish people. (I must be a heretic.)

Haveing a tasteful Christian center (with information on places of interest, where local churches might be located for Sunday worship and other similar things) would be one thing. But a themepark is far from tasteful.

I'm not a fan of Pat Robertson at all. According to him I'm part of the spirit of the Antichrist because I'm a Methodist. I fully believe he is one of the, if not the, most dangerous man in Christianity today.

Upvote 0

urnotme

Jun 8, 2005
✟2,580.00
Faith
Nazarene
arunma said:
To be honest, I'd rather go to church than spend time in a Christian theme park.
Nothing wrong with having a christian theme park I fuess if that's what somebbody wants to do depending on what is in it. It sounds like it might increase tourism from the jews who don't care where jesus walked. I wonder what will be in it.

Upvote 0

rowena

Dance Dance French Revolution
Feb 22, 2005
Hazelwood, Mo
Visit site
✟16,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
urnotme said:
Nothing wrong with having a christian theme park I fuess if that's what somebbody wants to do depending on what is in it. It sounds like it might increase tourism from the jews who don't care where jesus walked. I wonder what will be in it.
Alot of the Christian Holy sites also have some importance to the Jewish people. Depending on what sites are to be made part of this themepark, then they may be forced to experience them from a Christian perspective. That is neither fair or right.

Upvote 0

chava

Veteran
Nov 19, 2004
Ohio
✟16,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where are you determining fair from. According to Jesus the Jews missed Him this may not be right from a wordly perspective but think what Jesus is thinking of it. He's probably looking at it from the view that there is going to be affective evangelism due to this Christian site in the Holy land especially of non-religious Jewish children.

Upvote 0

urnotme

Jun 8, 2005
✟2,580.00
Faith
Nazarene
rowena said:
Alot of the Christian Holy sites also have some importance to the Jewish people. Depending on what sites are to be made part of this themepark, then they may be forced to experience them from a Christian perspective. That is neither fair or right.
I don't think he should build it on that site or even in isreal. I was just saying if he wannted to builld a christiian theme parkk in a mostly christian country it miight be alll right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

urnotme

Jun 8, 2005
✟2,580.00
Faith
Nazarene
chava said:
Where are you determining fair from. According to Jesus the Jews missed Him this may not be right from a wordly perspective but think what Jesus is thinking of it. He's probably looking at it from the view that there is going to be affective evangelism due to this Christian site in the Holy land especially of non-religious Jewish children.
It seems like he could have come up with something more appropiate like a study center. I don't thiink he shoulld put itwhere he's building the park thogh.

Upvote 0

bahaiguy

allah'u'abha- baha'i
Oct 30, 2005
✟15,271.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I do like the fact that there will be a Christian center (theme parks in my eyes are Six Flags, WDW, etc.), but do they have to put it so close to historical landmarks? I am so tired of the constant developments of places. Can we not respect the history of certain lands?

Now, this sounds like an interesting Christian theme park:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/articl...1544218,00.html
am i the only one where this link doesn't work. i get the 404 error

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ServantofTheOne

Aug 19, 2004
✟1,449.00
Faith
Muslim
Arthra said:
I'd be curious to know what people at Christian Forums think of this new theme park idea:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/1110/p06s01-wome.html

marriage between religion and consumerism.

an unholy union. it wasn't too long ago when the church used to sell indulgences. now they want to charge admission to holy sites?

whats it going to be called, christyland? will you be able to take pictures with someone wearing a jesus costume?

imagine the revenues from the promotional licenses.

Upvote 0

Abbadon

Self Bias Resistor - goin' commando in a cassock!
Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why don't we start a "We don't like Pat Robertson" group here on CF? And report ways in which he's proven antagonistic to Christianity. If we convince someone that this man is not the way to God, then we've done them a favor.

It could be the "anti-Pat Robertson" movement.

Or the "stop people confusing Sol Invictus with Jesus because of Pat Robertson" movement, or what ever.

Hey, maybe we could form a cabal? He thinks cabals are out to get him, let's proe him partially right (we're not going to sacrifice him or anything, just oust him from power).

Upvote 0

In A Perfect World

Jun 19, 2005
CT
✟17,022.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
urnotme said:
I don't think he should build it on that site or even in isreal. I was just saying if he wannted to builld a christiian theme parkk in a mostly christian country it miight be alll right.
Why doesn't he just build it in the midwest in the plains? Land is cheap and there are plenty of christians there.

Instead, he wants to instigate and build in the middle of an Islamic/Jewish country. Great job Pat.

Upvote 0

Abbadon

Self Bias Resistor - goin' commando in a cassock!
Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In A Perfect World said:
Instead, he wants to instigate and build in the middle of an Islamic/Jewish country. Great job Pat.

Thereby causing a war which one side or the other will be wiped out, which would result in peace in the Middle East (sort of). Which, according to Cloud Ten pictures, could only be accomplished by the AntiChrist!

Pat Robertson is the AntiChrist!

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
ServantofTheOne said:
marriage between religion and consumerism.

an unholy union. it wasn't too long ago when the church used to sell indulgences. now they want to charge admission to holy sites?

whats it going to be called, christyland? will you be able to take pictures with someone wearing a jesus costume?

imagine the revenues from the promotional licenses.

The Jesus costume wouldn't surprise me. Some people will even commit such abominations as making an image of the Son of God (don't worry, this time I'm not bashing Catholic iconography).

Upvote 0