heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's a good question. People here have had different vocabularies, and also different training....so you might collect an interesting combination.

Before I answer for anyone else, I will tell you that I pray and listen to what God is saying, and do not usually go to a list of religious symbols.

Sometimes a verse will hit me, like "he is like a tree," or "abide in the vine;" but when God gives me dreams, He gives me very normal symbolisms. Ones that follow my own language of perceiving the world.

Both believers and atheists tend to agree on a few symbols:

House = self
Car = control, forward mobility
Feet = symbolic movement and progress (speed gospel of peace)
Hand = ability
Head/hair = authority, presence, appearance to public
Red = alert
Black = unknowns or darkness
Gold = favor, positive, blessing

When I have had dreams I believed were from God, those symbols still held true. Usually when I thought about what an object implied in real life, the meaning was very easy for me to see. For instance front door - letting the public in to your private business. Ocean - masses of people, the general public. Stairs - progress upward.

Have you had any religious symbols in your dreams? Feel free to write out your dreams here.

Upvote 0

GaryLee

Apr 21, 2011
San Diego, California
✟7,761.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would steer away from the mysticism that you are seeking. If you want to play in

the spiritual realm, be prepared to be burned.

The darkside uses symbols, because you would not like to hear what they really have to say.

So lets test symbols. If you have a true connection with God, Go to Mark 15:38. The Curtain is torn.

The Temple is wide open. Can you see it?

Go in.

Can't go in. Keep playing with symbols.

Symbols blind

Last edited:
Reactions: faith33
Upvote 0

prmiami777

May 19, 2011
Odessa, tx
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oops im sorry i probably shouldve been a little more clear. I mean that i know that God does reveal in dreams; just as in the bible he revealed to Pharo that there was going to be a drought in the land, he didnt come right out and tell him he used a series of symbols. Or just as he revealed to joseph that his brothers and father would bow to him he also used symbols. the reason i ask is specifically because I think it would be interesting to know other Christian's take on the symbols God has used in prophetic dreams. It gets tiring when you try to find dream symbols online and the only thing u find is the worlds interpretations so i thought it would be nice to have a post where people could find Gods meanings behind the symbols and not a worldly take on it. For example
A field= the world
a tree = a person or leader
a horse= power strength or conquest
a dragon= satan

in the world these symbols interpret them completely different so i was wondering other people's experiences with symbols and what each symbol ended up meaning

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I just heard that Perry Stone put together a book on dream symbols -- this would be the first book I'd want on hand, for understanding OT/NT scripture through historical Israel background. Other Christians have written them too, but sometimes I think explanations can get flaky...assuming God would only speak to us in symbols we don't think of often.

ID-91 Interpreting Dreams and Visions Package (I get no kickback)

Many of us have also found that unusual things need to be looked up --phrases that stand out, dates and names. Often topics are in the top of news searches.

Upvote 0

prmiami777

May 19, 2011
Odessa, tx
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just heard that Perry Stone put together a book on dream symbols -- this would be the first book I'd want on hand, for understanding OT/NT scripture through historical Israel background. Other Christians have written them too, but sometimes I think explanations can get flaky...assuming God would only speak to us in symbols we don't think of often.

Many of us have also found that unusual things need to be looked up --phrases that stand out, dates and names. Often topics are in the top of news searches.

That is really cool! i definitely need to get a copy! thats exactly what i want, something biblical, not a psychic versian as i find all the "interpretations" out there.
Last year I had a dream or a HUGE black gohstly horse in a field and in the field there was like a city and i along with a group of people were watching as this horse destroyed the city and it was weird because i knew that the horse represented plagues like famine death and financial problems but the great thing was that everyone on the mountain that was looking at everything unfold was safe from the chaos. I had this dream last may

Reactions: heron
Upvote 0

BobW188

Growling Maverick
Jul 19, 2008
Southern Minnesota
✟10,103.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
A recommendation from Heron is worth serious consideration; but I think she'd join me in cautioning you against just accepting "this means that" definitions of symbols. Your dreams are communications addressed to you and you alone, the most universal symbols may have special, "tailored" meanings for you; and you should always interpret in the context of the dream.
To a prairie boy like me, for instance, a field would not necessarily mean the world. Is it plowed? Growing crops? Has harvest come and gone? Is it the point of the dream, or just an appropriate setting for the action?
I met a black haired woman in a red dress in a dream several years ago. She certainly had authority, and the red became her very well, but it was only an "alert" in the sense that a red dress is hard not to notice. Black often signifies "otherness," but this was emphasized by her light, almost albino complexion.
Another dream woman simply appeared as a slender, straight haired blonde of a type quite popular in the 1960s, when the initial dream was set. The various, different colored outfits she wore really seemed to have no symbolism beyond suggesting that she could dress very well on a limited budget.
Both women were much more than any symbols dictionary could accurately describe, just as are you, I and Heron. Elsewhere, Heron has written that dreams are vague. Yes, maddeningly so; partly because the symbols in them are clues to the meaning, not the meaning itself.

Upvote 0

ditte

Sep 14, 2009
Hungary,Budapest
✟16,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi
There are dream symbols that are ususaly have the same meaning,but I think because dreams are very personal,wvery on of us should look at the symbols in our dreams personally too (!) with the guiding of the Holy Spirit.
For example maybe in on of our dreams red may mean a warning,but in another it may symbolize the blood of Jesus etc.
I had a dream where I got a huge bouquet of red (blood red) carnations form my husband.
In this dream my husband symbilized the Lord Jesus and I think the red hear meant his blood,his salvation.Especially that carnation in my language goes like "NAIL-wort.
My husband often symbolizes the Lord,and my earthly feather often symbolizes the heavenly Father,but in some dreams they are simply themselves.The Holy Spirit reveals it.

God bless you.
:wave:

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Best book I've read on Christian dream interpretation:
Understanding the Dreams You Dream, by Ira Milligan.
I've met him several times, heard his teachings, and he has prophesied over me on three occasions, so I can say he's the real deal.

I've been a dream interpreter for around ten years, and I have pretty much learned as I went. I seek the Holy Spirit for interpretation, and I agree with Bob above - we should not just plug symbol meanings in and voila. As heron said, our dream language is personal; it's between each individual and God, and we have to learn it individually...... But there are symbols that over the years I have seen coming up over and over again, and you are right - it's interesting to notice these trends.....

in random order

vehicles seem often to be ministries, and the traits of the vehicle can hint at what kind of ministry - for example, a car or van could be a family, a plane a large ministry, and a train a move of God.

animals' traits also seem to be clues to their meaning in dreams. For example, almost every time (but not every time) I've seen a bear in someone's dream, it represents a man who is a threat, often a physically violent man. Spiders often represent small deceptions creeping in through the cracks. Pets might represent their owners (lol, my cat came in as I was typing that) or something their owners love.

I think I'll post some dream interpretation guidelines on another thread, something I wrote for a ministry I was involved in at one time; I'd like to see how some of you respond to this - maybe you have a different idea or more guidelines that you personally go by.....

blessings
tal

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
édes ditte said:
I think the red hear meant his blood,his salvation.Especially that carnation in my language goes like "NAIL-wort.
So deep and caring.

WonderBob said:
A recommendation from Heron is worth serious consideration; but I think she'd join me in cautioning you against just accepting "this means that" definitions of symbols. Your dreams are communications addressed to you and you alone, the most universal symbols may have special, "tailored" meanings for you; and you should always interpret in the context of the dream.
You got it.

Tal said:
Spiders often represent small deceptions creeping in through the cracks.
That's useful. Think about how some dreams here have shown the multiplication of overwhelming numbers growing after one or two appear.

The bear and violent men... I'll bet that will provoke reflection for a lot of people reading this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TigerLily27

Jul 3, 2010
✟7,819.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
I have both volumes of Ira Milligan's books and the dream cards offered by Barbie Breathitt. There's also dreammessenger dot com.

But I usually use the materials as a secondary tool. If I have a symbol in a dream that means nothing to me in real life, then I explore the materials. God will often try to use your own dream language, so each symbol may vary in meaning from person to person.

Upvote 0

Alex1113

Aug 4, 2016
Ohio
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had a dream I was flying through space in some sort of ship. I was exposed to space (I know didn't make sense) and I traveled through brilliant clouds that made me feel, actually feel warm. I wanted to live in the clouds but eventually came to a dark place and the base of a rocky Mountain. The warmth was still with me but was over thrown by the need to ascend to the summit. I flew to the top where I found myself at a very small dark temple(as in light nothing felt evil or bad about this place). The clouds above were dark like a storm was coming and I could almost smell the rain. At the entrance was a small arched doorway with a black Horse blocking the way in. The horse growled like a lion and looked at me as if he was protecting the temple. Behind the horse a man appeared. His face was barley visible and I became frightened. I woke up immediately and felt satisfied.. like I had accomplished something great.. I have no idea what this could mean and don't know any biblical meanings behind it. I feel the man may have been GOD but why was everything so dark and dreary? Should all visions of HIM be drenched in light and happiness or was he showing me a different view.. can someone help me with this?

Upvote 0