Christian Assemblies International

LucyEnEcosse

Jan 14, 2014
✟15,165.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Does anybody know anything about CAI? I've read a lot of really awful things about them, such as the approved music/reading lists, the cult of personality around their leader (some guy called Pastor Scott), the way they treat their women like servants and, most worryingly, the history of sexual abuse that takes place within the organisation.

If anybody has any other things they've found out about this particular group, please can you comment on this? I'm worried about a friend who is part of the group. Thanks.

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The CAI appear to be a branch or breakaway group of the old 'Revival Centres' here in Australia which was a group that neither the mainline Pentecostals or Evangelicals would touch. Having looked at their website it does seem to be a bit draconian and if the founders hold views similar to Lloyd Longfield who was the founder of the 'Revival Centres' then I would strongly advise anyone to stay well away.

CAI weblink: https://www.cai.org/about-us/history-christian-assemblies-international

Upvote 0